Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think Strictly is fixed? Anton got voted out and became judge the same week Moti got covid. Dianne got voted out that week Joe Sugg said he was missing her. And Masie in the bottom two.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else think Strictly is fixed? Anton got voted out and became judge the same week Moti got covid. Dianne got voted out that week Joe Sugg said he was missing her. And Masie in the bottom two.
I wouldn't say fixed but it is manipulated like all 'reality' TV. I think the Anton thing was a happy accident (he was bound to be out early on) surely Joe was missing Dianne the whole time? Maisie just seems to be cos the public haven't warmed to her and the judges are extra critical.

Reactions: 11
Joe has said he's been missing Dianne since day 1 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You could argue the word ‘fixed’ is a bit strong but I definitely think the show is manipulated and biased. I Think the show has its favourites who it pushes, including dances/song choices and themes etc. Certain pros are pushed more than the others And I definitely think the scoreboard is manipulated each week. You know what, I don’t even trust the votes, results anymore. It’s interesting whenever anyone does a freedom of information act asking for them to show the voting results etc they always refuse.

Reactions: 8
Yes and no. Motsi had to make an emergency trip to Germany due to a break in at her dance school and had to quarantine for 14 days on return, but the rest I can see what you mean.

Do we ever get percentages etc of the public vote anywhere?

Neil gives me "the ick" 😆 I can't even put my finger on what it is that I don't like but I'd want to run far, far away! It's definitely time for Anton to stop, with a partner he looks fine but in group numbers he's like a grandad. I liked him as a judge so feel that's where he should end up. Love Gio, Johannes and Aljaž so would still want to see them.

I'm not a fan of Amy or Katya. Amy doesn't come across as sincere and the pushing of sob stories every week with JJ and the OTT reactions to getting through is incredibly off-putting. Katya is too manic for me and I didn't feel she did that well with Nicola. Love Dianne but could live without Janette or Karen. The other female pros just fade into the background for me.
I’m the same there is just something icky about Neil. I’m glad he isn’t partnered this year. I don’t enjoy watching him dance at all.

i think Graziano should go as well and Anton should become a judge.

I can’t stand Katya she is so annoying loud and makes everything about her. I also think that Karen should go after this year.

I love Johannes and could watch him dance all day every day. I also really rate Gio and think Gorka and Aljaz.

I’m not really a fan of any of the female pros but don’t mind Dianne and Jeanette. I liked Amy the previous 2 years but this year not so much. Her screaming when she got through the week before was so cringy.

Do we ever get percentages etc of the public vote anywhere?
The bbc aren't required by law to publish the voting figures, so they don't. Strictly have been plagued with fix claims for years, especially when there is a shock elimination & as so many bbc personality's have come out of nowhere & won the show on multiple occasions. But the BBC have held form & have never released any voting figures, so it could well be fixed, who knows.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I wouldn't say that the show is fixed but I find the victories of Ore Oduba & Stacey Dooley to be questionable. I don't believe for a second that the former had the most votes going in to the final and after a shambolic Showdance and a night where all 3 other finalists really pulled it out of the bag, was the latter really that far ahead in votes that it didn't matter what else happened on the night?

Both BBC rising star presenters and both partnered with Cliftons. Wouldn't blame anyone who thought there was an agenda there.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
To me, Neill looks like he should be selling suits in a menswear shop.
He just isn't attractive/sexy enough when you compare him to the other male dancers (leaving Anton aside!). And the beard doesn't really help either.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm wondering if Neil's days on the show are numbered. Unlike last year, there were lots of short female celebs, so benching him this year wasn't down to height (he would have been a much better height match for Caroline than Johannes was, for example).

So maybe they think he's just not a good fit for the pro line up. Or perhaps they're not happy with him and his new girlfriends press antics - stories about cheating and breaking rules probably not great when you need pros to be 100% on the ball with all the restrictions this year

I wouldn't miss him if he does leave - he may be a good dancer, but I don't think he has that extra something that a pro needs. And he's just a bit odd and cringy on ITT too

Reactions: 12
I wish they would do a little feature on the new spare dancers.
Just a short introduction to them on the launch show, maybe.
I see them in the group dances and think, "who the heck is that?" - it would be nice to know who they are.

Also a bit about the band and singers would be nice.

Reactions: 7
I wish they would do a little feature on the new spare dancers.
Just a short introduction to them on the launch show, maybe.
I see them in the group dances and think, "who the heck is that?" - it would be nice to know who they are.

Also a bit about the band and singers would be nice.
They don’t even name the singers any more, Tess just says “thanks to our wonderful singers, Dave Arch and his band”!

Reactions: 8
I remember when Oti joined there were quite a few new dancers and they were all introduced in the years before they’d announce the new pro dancers and have them introduce themselves, but in recent years they just appear and you have no idea who they are tbh. When I first saw Neil and Johannes in group dances I was very confused as to where these new dancers had come from and why they weren’t introduced. Same with the band, you’d think they’d get some more appreciation (even if they’re not always the best) even just a bit on ITT to introduce all the singers and players would be nice. When you talk to someone working in a theatre they always credit all the backstage people and the orchestra credit too, but it seems on tv all they care about is the main people the audience will see.

I remember when Oti joined there were quite a few new dancers and they were all introduced in the years before they’d announce the new pro dancers and have them introduce themselves, but in recent years they just appear and you have no idea who they are tbh. When I first saw Neil and Johannes in group dances I was very confused as to where these new dancers had come from and why they weren’t introduced. Same with the band, you’d think they’d get some more appreciation (even if they’re not always the best) even just a bit on ITT to introduce all the singers and players would be nice. When you talk to someone working in a theatre they always credit all the backstage people and the orchestra credit too, but it seems on tv all they care about is the main people the audience will see.
yeah, everyone was like 'who's the ginger guy?' :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure Bill is overmarked. He might be overpraised which is not the same thing. In the most recent show, he was marked the same as JJ and was below Ranvir and Jamie (I think Jamie is a bit overmarked tbh). Interestingly in week one he was really low down on the leaderboard which suggests Oti wasn't pushing him enough and maybe didn't see him as a contender.

I'm loving the idea of Johannes with a gorgeous male celeb.... 😳

Reactions: 10
I don’t think Stacey’s win was fixed, I knew loads of people who liked her and voted for her to win. Ore won because Danny Mac was such a blatant ringer and the public don’t like that, though going by Ore’s nice I’m sure he’d had prior training as well.

I don’t think Stacey’s win was fixed, I knew loads of people who liked her and voted for her to win. Ore won because Danny Mac was such a blatant ringer and the public don’t like that, though going by Ore’s nice I’m sure he’d had prior training as well.
Likewise my mum was going dancing 3 to 4 times a weeks and no one there liked her. None of my friends or work colleagues voted for her.

Stacey was popular but did she have enough votes to compensate for a dire Showdance? I voted for them initially to get the inevitable Kevin win over and done with but the Showdance was that bad that I switched my votes to Faye in the final.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve only just found out about Diane and Joe. I was like what the actual f???
Could not believe it when I heard it referenced on ITT.

Didn‘t see that series as I was working away. Holy shitpants how did that happen? Wasn’t his mum a bit put out?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.