Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking forward to Clara, Bill and Maisie this week! Hopefully the judges will sort out the scoring (looking at you, Shirley). Some good song choices this week (especially the three I mentioned!).

Reactions: 6
Can't for Bill's dance to Blondie! Some really good songs this week, I hope they're not butchered by the band/singers. Glad to see HRVY hasn't got anyone trendy this week 😉

Reactions: 2
Gorka’s only 5’6!??? It’s terrible but I no longer fancy him. (Sorry Gorka, I’m sure you’re gutted)!

I had to rush off and google Gio and thank god he’s 5’10 so our romance is safe. I’d pick either him or Artem for my partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Can’t wait for HRVY’s VT this week before his couple choice, he’ll probably do a Saffron Barker and cry about missing his Nan due to lockdown and how it’s been a real struggle learning to dance because he’d never even heard of a tango before last week. I think he’s doing a contemporary dance based on the song, let’s see if he can actually convey some emotions because I’m still convinced he has none.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
4 ballrooms in 6 weeks for the guy who is rubbish at Latin? And one of his 2 Latins was the most similar style to ballroom anyway.

Obvious favouritism for JJ at this point and for what reason? Jamie and Clara are the fun underdogs, Ranvir is the 'surprise' journey type contestant and has good chemistry with Giovanni, then we have Bill as the people's champion (who is also a good dancer) then HRVY & Maisie as the ringers consistently doing strong routines. Why the f*ck would you ditch any of them for JJ who is dull and the worst dancer left?

Reactions: 15
I suspected that JJ got loads of votes last week because Prince Harry FaceTimed him on the show. I couldn’t give a tit but just wondered...

Reactions: 2
Gorka’s only 5’6!??? It’s terrible but I no longer fancy him. (Sorry Gorka, I’m sure you’re gutted)!

I had to rush off and google Gio and thank god he’s 5’10 so our romance is safe. I’d pick either him or Artem for my partner.
Gorka is 5"8 😊 - I remember him saying on twitter last year when someone asked him. And he's just a bit shorter than Gemma who's 5"9 (he's definitely not 3 inches shorter than her)

Some good songs this week. I'm sure Bill's will be a crowd pleaser even if it's not technically great. I've been a big fan of his for years, but I'm finding myself enjoying his dances less and less - i think it's the earnest, purity of dance thing he's doing right now. Susan Calman was the same. It starts to grate after a while

Reactions: 5
I’ll definitely be voting for Maisie this week. Even if she falls down the stairs!! I think she’s amazing and doesn’t deserve what she gets at all.
Do you think it’s the beeb trying to push Amy on us and not JJ? He is just so dull and I hate saying that but I look forward to everyone else who’s left dancing (with the exception of the boy with no vowels) but they seem so keen to keep him in.

I shall take Gorka off your hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Why would they push Amy? If they were wanting to push her, they'd have just given her another ringer or even Nicola. At least I hope they're not trying to push her. If it turns into the Amy show like it was the Kevin show for 5 years, then my interest in Strictly will dwindle.

Reactions: 3
Why would they push Amy? If they were wanting to push her, they'd have just given her another ringer or even Nicola. At least I hope they're not trying to push her. If it turns into the Amy show like it was the Kevin show for 5 years, then my interest in Strictly will dwindle.
Giving her a ringer straight after Karim would have been too obvious favoritism but I mean she did get her own BBC documentary and the judges all seem to love her so there could be something there but who knows.

I actually think Gio and Oti are definitely the new Kevin when its comes to getting the better contestants when you think of how lucky they have been with the contestants they have got. No major duffers for either of them.

Giving her a ringer straight after Karim would have been too obvious favoritism but I mean she did get her own BBC documentary and the judges all seem to love her so there could be something there but who knows.

I actually think Gio and Oti are definitely the new Kevin when its comes to getting the better contestants when you think of how lucky they have been with the contestants they have got. No major duffers for either of them.
Oti's first contestant was pretty rubbish ://

Reactions: 1
Why do strictly keep recycling songs 🙄

Wouldn't it be so much better if the pros and celebs could choose their own song, I thinl on DWTS they get a say.

Reactions: 8

Hah, I can relate! Not keen on Artem though. I’ve never noticed Gio really until this year, I don’t know whether it’s the new floppy hair or the fact that Pasha’s no longer there! 😂

637E220B-BDFD-438E-AA0B-06CC0207028E.png

• Sad
I have no idea but I feel like one of them is being pushed on me 😂

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'll vote for Maisie but she has had a rough ride. A bit of humility would help her no end though.

JJ needs to go, I can't take another sob story. He seems like a nice guy but it's too much. The more people beg, the more I tune out.

I'm also going off Bill. He wasn't great on Saturday yet they made it sound like he was the new messiah. He's an older guy who can move, it's not that revolutionary! My dad is in his 70s and can still whirl my mum round a dancefloor and look amazing.

I'm all about Clara and Ranvir who just look like they're having a great time learning to dance with no agenda. They're both a joy to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.