Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure Kelvin will win what with Oti's sister being a judge. Everyone will say it's a fix! I'd like him to win though.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure Kelvin will win what with Oti's sister being a judge. Everyone will say it's a fix! I'd like him to win though.
I agree... I don't think she should have ever been allowed to be a judge whilst her sister is one of the dancers.

Reactions: 4
I agree but how do you really know?
True but I think especially the first few episodes, she never even complimented her sister at all in any of her comments (if I'm not mistaken) - It was only when she started giving 10's (completely deserved) that she actually acknowledged her. But yeah, definitely a bit of an iffy decision when it comes to bottom 2 as I know I would give the vote to my sister lol

Reactions: 2
True but I think especially the first few episodes, she never even complimented her sister at all in any of her comments (if I'm not mistaken) - It was only when she started giving 10's (completely deserved) that she actually acknowledged her. But yeah, definitely a bit of an iffy decision when it comes to bottom 2 as I know I would give the vote to my sister lol
Yes you are right... and again, the same comment stands... when she was not acknowledging her sister to begin with or giving her compliments, again was that on purpose? You can just never really know, and for that reason alone, I don’t think it is fair.

Reactions: 1
I agree with everything being said but the Ballroom/choreography world is tiny and everyone knows everyone really well. The judges will often be judging their good friends or equally people they spectacularly fell out with years ago.

Didn't Len used to mentor Kevin from Grimsby when he was a kid? I'm sure when Kevin first started there was a lot of talk about Len showing favour to Kevin.

Reactions: 2
Shirley taught AJ too, it's all very interlinked
Shirley is Aj's godmother. But like me it's not just the judges with links all the choreographers, the pro-dancers, the backing dancers who come in in for Blackpool &musicals and even Jason Gilkinson have all known one anotherfor years & are all connected.

An example of this is Jason's husband is the agent for both Johannes & Dianne, Jason spotted Dianne when she was 18 on a dance show & got her on Burn the Floor & then Strictly. Jason's husband is also the agent for two of the choreographers Ash-leigh & Patrick. Patrick also choreographed & directed Amy & Dianne's tour last year.

On the subject of winners, I think it’s going to be Anton and Emma. He’s never won, this is the closest he’s got to a final in years, and he’s up for retirement...

Shirley is Aj's godmother. But like me it's not just the judges with links all the choreographers, the pro-dancers, the backing dancers who come in in for Blackpool &musicals and even Jason Gilkinson have all known one anotherfor years & are all connected.

An example of this is Jason's husband is the agent for both Johannes & Dianne, Jason spotted Dianne when she was 18 on a dance show & got her on Burn the Floor & then Strictly. Jason's husband is also the agent for two of the choreographers Ash-leigh & Patrick. Patrick also choreographed & directed Amy & Dianne's tour last year.
I love how in the know you are! The ballroom dancing world is a little incestuous. (Not literally) 😉

I love how in the know you are! The ballroom dancing world is a little incestuous. (Not literally) 😉
Yeah it really is. Like there is another dancer Kai widderington, who was trained by Neil & was in his Britains Got Talent Dance troop. He joined Burn the Floor where a lot of the Strictly dancers started out, he is signed to Jason's husband, stood in for Aliaz, Gorka & Gio when one them couldn't make a show on their here comes the boys tour & is on Dancing with the Stars Ireland.

They all know each other and most likely have had one night stands with one another over the years, so like when new dancers join Strictly they are new the public, but have known the other pros for years.

On the subject of winners, I think it’s going to be Anton and Emma. He’s never won, this is the closest he’s got to a final in years, and he’s up for retirement...
yes this year is his best chance of winning. I hope he does win.

I want Chris to win. He’s the only one with no acting/dance school training and he’s having such a good time. He’s talked about it on his podcast how he’s not even nervous now cause he’s just having such a great time giving it his best.

Reactions: 7
I really want Chris to win but fully expect him to be sent home this week. If he goes home I'll be voting for Anton but I very much believe like all reality TV programmes/gameshows it is fixed and Kelvin will win

Am I the only one that doesn't like Anton? I don't like Emma either, she has creepy eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.