Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Whoever does die, it’s gonna hurt (I will gladly sacrifice Jonathan for my fave metalhead to survive … sorry 👀).

I assume it’s ok to post the odd meme here?

5D6347B1-49E8-4782-8F3F-A20AFACC0B97.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21

barbiegirl2000

Chatty Member

I’ve seen a few people say they only think Joseph is fit with the Eddie wig on, like are they blind. This man is the new loml

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Omg S4 is the most amazing one by far!! Can't wait for V2.
Enjoyed every second of it. Max really showed what an amazing actress she is!
Love it!

• Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Nancy needs to die, she's so annoying and brings nothing to the show
I find her so bland, like they've decided to try and make her Ellen Ripley instead of developing her character. All the gun stuff is so unconvincing

Talking of guns, the most terrifying thing in Stranger Things isn't Vecna but a store where teenagers can go and buy as many rifles as they want 😳

• Haha

1x2x3x4x

Parts definitely made me very emotional but I’m with a lot of people in that I wish they’d have the balls to actually kill off a main character. 4 seasons in and there’s no real stakes for the main characters so it’s going to lose some of its intensity and suspense if we just know they’ll kill off the newer or fringe characters. I’d have a lot more respect for the writers and would love to be proper shocked for once. All the best shows in history have those shock main character killed moments and I think stranger things needs that too now.
Lots of things didn’t get addressed either really, like the counsellor or the mum and why she had her own poster.
Saying all that, I absolutely bloody love the show and Will crying in the car about his unrequited love for Mike had me sobbing!

non spoiler.. when did Hopper get so fit?! Proper DILF 😩

• Heart

barbiegirl2000

Chatty Member
think it’s probably this one I’ve just seen if anyone else wants to watch it

I think he was in LA before comic con too so is probably tired and jet lag doesn’t help. Don’t think he knew what he was getting in to, comic cons can be real shit shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ToodleOoo

This season has a different feel to it. A bit more grown up. I'm a huge horror fan and the ending of the first episode was amazing. Only watched 4 episodes so far but the end of episode 4 wow! The 80s nostalgia throughout and the music is genius.

• Heart

whatstheteab

VIP Member
I feel like I’m in the minority where I really wasn’t bothered about Eddie dying. I actually found the scene where Dustin tells his father about him being dead more sad than the actual death scene itself. I just wish they would get rid of the reoccurring “new character death” trope that’s been happening since Season 2 because it was so obvious that Eddie wasn’t going to make it out alive.

Also potentially an unpopular opinion but as sad as I am for Max’s fate, I kinda wish they had the balls to actually go through with her death. It reminds me of PLL where they initially implied that Mona was dead, only for her to end up alive. Writers sometimes care too much about backlash from the audience to actually go through with major character deaths and it ends up feeling like there’s no real stakes for the main characters.

That being said Brenner and Jason’s deaths were extremely satisfying and I’m glad my girl Nancy made it out alive. Can someone check on Dr Owens though? 😭

• Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Noah clearing things up 😆 I really don't know what some people expected them to do .

also am I watching a compelty different show ? Apparently they hinted at Eddie been gay and people are complaining he wasn't. When did they even say that ? Definetly people getting mixed up with wattpad 😆 .then people complaing that will didn't come up but Robin got a whole coming out scene .no she didn't she literally told one person 😆.yeah I can see will coming out but I just can't imagine Mike 😆
I think those scenes with Will were handled really well - not that coming out in 2022 is not longer a big deal, but for a teenage boy in the mid 80s he would surely be terrified that he would be ostracised from his friends and family. And they really showed how heartbreaking his emotional turmoil is

I recently rewatched Robin's coming out scene and she thinks that Steve won't want anything to do with her once she tells him ☹

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
I really enjoyed it but…

I agree with what everyone’s saying about them playing it safe and killing off a new, lovable character every season. It gets a bit tired and would’ve been more hard-hitting if they’d dared to kill one of the OG characters instead. That was one of the reasons I think early GoT for example was so appealing - nobody was safe. Not that Eddie’s death wasn’t emotional, I am actually so heartbroken but I love how he went out a hero (at least to Dustin) and don’t even get me started on his epic guitar scene, shredding to probably the greatest Metallica song. 😱🤘🏻❤

I feel a bit cheated that Max survived and agree it would’ve made more of an impact if she’d died (as amazing as her character has been). I also think that series finales never really live up to the hype that’s built up around them, but this has been one of the better ones imo. Can’t wait for S5 though whenever that’ll be.
For a second I thought Will was going to confess his love for Mike 🤷‍♀️ emotional rollercoaster amongst the tangled storyline.

• Heart
My husband and I have been watching together from the beginning, but he has planned a night out on the 1st July. Surely that's grounds for divorce right?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18