Steve's family vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They eat so much rubbish for dinner never cook proper meals these days. The girls in the family are are skinny and frail

Reactions: 2
unless my eyes are playing tricks on me; the comment has been deleted. They really don’t like hearing the truth do they? I imagine they consider it as trolling but it’s actually concern. No wonder liam looks so deflated and down these days when even his own dad is saying things to him like that. Its not nice at any age but he’s just about to head to high school and enter the teenage years. It’s so damaging.

The comments under the vlog saying 1 hour one to one schooling is the equivalent of three. But we all see his showing Lacey doing work and then going to do something else. I think he forgets he vlogs and people see it.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
unless my eyes are playing tricks on me; the comment has been deleted. They really don’t like hearing the truth do they? I imagine they consider it as trolling but it’s actually concern. No wonder liam looks so deflated and down these days when even his own dad is saying things to him like that. Its not nice at any age but he’s just about to head to high school and enter the teenage years. It’s so damaging.

The comments under the vlog saying 1 hour one to one schooling is the equivalent of three. But we all see his showing Lacey doing work and then going to do something else. I think he forgets he vlogs and people see it.
I noticed that too, he is pathetic!

I am so glad that people are starting to see what this family are really like. When I saw that comment last night 9 people had liked it so clearly people share the same concerns that we have hear.

I hope people keep commenting on his vlogs I really do!

He sits there defending Lacey over her home schooling even though we all know that she isn't recieving the right kind of eduaction being at home yet he deletes the comment about Liam!

Honestly makes me sad the way Steve said it too about getting a letter home to say he’s overweight. Liam didn’t seem bothered by it but deep down I know that must’ve cut deep. They do realise as they’re the parents they’re in control of it? They allow him to drink loads of full sugar Coke and even encourage it with a mini fridge?

Deleting the comment says it all. I’m surprised he’s not reuploaded the vlog with that bit edited out.

Reactions: 7
Medically speaking, Steve is right, Liam is over weight.

However making remarks about Liam's weight online is not acceptable and both Steve and Rachel make no effort in order to hep him loose weight and build his confidence. Even Val has made comments about Liams weight!

It is because of their parenting that Liam is in this situation in the first place. They are the ones that give him larger portion sizes than he needs, unlimited fizzy drinks, big bags of sweets and chocolate and no opportunity to execise. As a family their diet is appalling and although the girls may not be over-weight they look far from healthy, they are all so pale and never seem to have any energy.

It is because of their attitude towards Liam's that the girls also join in and call him fat as well, I have heard every single member of the family call Liam fat!

Steve is over weight himself so he should understand how it feels, he won't even wear a t-shirt in summer because he is so self-conscious.

Instead of insulting their child they need to help him.

Reactions: 6
I feel so sorry for Liam, there has been comments about his weight for a year or 2 now. I wonder how low he must feel, people he loves and trusts make fun of him.

Make fun of him, make it known to his siblings it's OK to make fun of him and don't give him anything healthy or encourage him.

I hope he doesn't have trouble at school with bullies or anything

• Heart
I feel so sorry for Liam, there has been comments about his weight for a year or 2 now. I wonder how low he must feel, people he loves and trusts make fun of him.

Make fun of him, make it known to his siblings it's OK to make fun of him and don't give him anything healthy or encourage him.

I hope he doesn't have trouble at school with bullies or anything
I really hope he doesn't get bullied as well. I hope it isn't already happening now, he seems so quiet all the time.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I really hope he doesn't get bullied as well. I hope it isn't already happening now, he seems so quiet all the time.
Especially with him going to secondary school soon, it's harder with bullying

Why does Steve always leave the footage in of his children slagging off their teachers and schools? Im pretty sure everyone at some point has a moan about it but I really don't think he should be leaving it in.

I thought I would see how many times they went to the shop this week:

Monday - Home bargains, Asda, The range
Tuesday - Rachel and Lacey went for a walk in town
Wednesday - Home bargains, Aldi, Asda, B&M
Thursday - Tesco
Friday - B&M, Morrisons

They went into multiple different shops 10 times in 5 days!

Steve telling the kids pot noodles are apparently not good for them. Is he actually joking? Of course there not good for them. He has clearly been reading here.

Art as Lacey's home school for the day... I don't actually know what to say anymore :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
I keep thinking what do they buy from all of these shops they seem to need someone everyday
I really don't understand it either.

I don't do the shopping at home, my parents do. They go to the shop 1-2 a week. Once on a monday to do the weekly shop unless we are having it deliverd and once on a friday for things like bread, milk and treats for the weekend. Maybe we are not the normal ones but going that many times to the shop when they do a big shop on Wednesday just seems really weird to me.

How much work did Lacey actually do this week? Most days they got home really late!

Reactions: 1
I really don't understand it either.

I don't do the shopping at home, my parents do. They go to the shop 1-2 a week. Once on a monday to do the weekly shop unless we are having it deliverd and once on a friday for things like bread, milk and treats for the weekend. Maybe we are not the normal ones but going that many times to the shop when they do a big shop on Wednesday just seems really weird to me.

How much work did Lacey actually do this week? Most days they got home really late!
We are a family of 6 like Steve and co and do exactly the same. A shop on Monday and top up on Friday.

oh remember Steve said Lacey is having lessons when they go to shops. I mean he hates being in shops, he says this all the time, but they have whole maths lessons in Tesco apparently. She’s going to have her GCSEs next year at this rate

The thing is if they really wanted to, they could make shopping a learning experience. Lacey could add things up, weigh fruits and vegetables, get involved in meal planning, give her the money and get her to pay which would really help with her social skills! Try new foods, get her to choose ingredients and cook something (the cooking lessons have already stopped!), try foods from different countries then go home and do a project on that country. The opportunites are endless when you think about it. I really can't see them doing anything like that though.

They say that they are already incorperating home schooling into shopping but whenever we see them in a shop Lacey is just walking with Steve and Rachel is doing the shopping.

The amount of work Lacey did last week was practically non-existant. what happened to all of the life skills they wanted to teach her?

The thing is they are actually in a really good position to homeschool because Steves doesn't work. The problem is they see home education as something like just doing a worksheet or reading a book. I watch a few families on Youtube who home school and they do it through out the whole day and they turn everything into an opportunity to learn. They don't get it over with as soon as they can just so it's out of the way and done, it's more the way they live their lives.

Steve has said a few times that they don't have to follow the curriculum and stuff like that. So why is he still following things like only learning during the week? And only working during normal school hours? Not working in half-term? It doesn't make sense. Loads of home school children still learn during half-term and all hours of the day. He really does contradict himself.

Liam beat Lacey up so he had his PlayStation taken off him? Surely you'd take everything electronic away from him at that point?

• Wow
This is the reason why these children should not be left in the house in the house on their own, what on earth was going on. How can they leave Sophie in charge of two 11 year old and a 5 year old!

I really hope they didn't send Sophie into school today. When Steve said that Sophie wasn't getting on very well at school I didn't realise how bad it was getting. Perhaps Sophie didn't tell them everything but for a girl in her school to do that to her that is out of order. Steve and Rachel both need to go into the school today and deal with it. This is a situation that Sophie can't deal with herself and I feel really sorry for her.

I don't know exactly what Steve means by Liam 'Beating Lacey up' but I am sure that if he had just hit or pushed her he would have said. That is really concerning, no 11 year old should be beating up their sister!

It sounds like Steve needs to take away all of the electronics and disconnect the internet for a while!

Imagine what goes on in the house when they’re left on their own!
When you think about how young Chloe is that's really concerning. I hope Liam didn't hurt Lacey when they were out!

What was Lacey doing to Liam in order for him to do that? Liam up until just recently was a very laid back, well mannered boy who just got in with things. In such a short space of time he’s become a shell of who he was, that’s the most concerning of his behaviour. What is going on with him? It’s like he’s being completely ignored. I think that poor little boy needs help, someone to listen to him!

Reactions: 6
What was Lacey doing to Liam in order for him to do that? Liam up until just recently was a very laid back, well mannered boy who just got in with things. In such a short space of time he’s become a shell of who he was, that’s the most concerning of his behaviour. What is going on with him? It’s like he’s being completely ignored. I think that poor little boy needs help, someone to listen to him!
Exactly this and why tell all of YouTube about it........and what’s going on with Sophie that should be kept and dealt with in private. That man is using his kids misery for vlog content, it’s disgusting.

Yes you’re so right. I know we don’t see Liam all the time but it’s obvious it would take a lot to provoke that sort of reaction from him, unless he’s taking his anger out on other people from whatever he’s going through now?

Maybe in a way he’s jealous of Lacey being homeschooled as if he’s being bullied at school he would not want to go to school anymore either. I really feel for him but beating up his sister is atrocious behaviour. Clearly there is something serious going on.

With Sophie too that incident is really serious I hope Steve and Rachel go in the school and get that dealt with! That’s not something you let slide.

That's a good point, we don't know what Lacey did or said to Liam. However beating your sister up is a really extreme thing to do and I don't think anything Lacey could have said or done would justify Liams behaviour towards her.

I think both Sophie and Liam are just left to deal with things on their own. Sophie has been saying for months now that she is having problems at school and Steves advice to her was to 'Stick up for herself'. Look whats happened now? I don't understand why they didn't go into the school earlier to deal with it. Rachel works there, why didn't she speak to someone? Liam is clearly not happy at school either.

They probably both resent Lacey being at home. Neither of them like school and it seems like both of them are struggling in one way or another. They have taken Lacey's worries away by removing her from school, they now need to focus on helping the other two now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.