Steve’s family vlogs #2 Always in a lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was Sophie age I spent all the weekend with my friends going shopping, cinema to parties etc. All she does is sit in house. I worry about her when she has to leave school

Reactions: 2
It’s just laziness, that’s why he’s not taking Liam and Sophie to school or home schooling Lacey. Chloe is the only one who has a reason to be off. Lacey’s school work is becoming less and less, no school work on shopping days, no school work because she’s in a mood, it really is just any excuse not to do it.

It really is sad if they haven’t taken Chloe to see Santa. She was chatting to the one that came around outside the house so she’d probably love to go see Santa and get a present. She’s the most social out of all the kids!

Dont know if anyone watched Sophie’s video about what she got for her birthday, but she said she got £20 from Nannie and grandad and then said she got a fiver from her “mum’s mum” who they don’t see that often and then said she’s not being rude it’s just the truth. I thought it was an odd way to refer to a grandparent as your mum’s mum. I wonder why they don’t see Rach’s family more. There doesn’t seem to be any issue. They’ve helped each other out a few times, send cards to each other etc so I assume everything is fine. When they do go, it always seems to be just “popping in” rather than a visit.

Reactions: 8
It’s just laziness, that’s why he’s not taking Liam and Sophie to school or home schooling Lacey. Chloe is the only one who has a reason to be off. Lacey’s school work is becoming less and less, no school work on shopping days, no school work because she’s in a mood, it really is just any excuse not to do it.

It really is sad if they haven’t taken Chloe to see Santa. She was chatting to the one that came around outside the house so she’d probably love to go see Santa and get a present. She’s the most social out of all the kids!

Dont know if anyone watched Sophie’s video about what she got for her birthday, but she said she got £20 from Nannie and grandad and then said she got a fiver from her “mum’s mum” who they don’t see that often and then said she’s not being rude it’s just the truth. I thought it was an odd way to refer to a grandparent as your mum’s mum. I wonder why they don’t see Rach’s family more. There doesn’t seem to be any issue. They’ve helped each other out a few times, send cards to each other etc so I assume everything is fine. When they do go, it always seems to be just “popping in” rather than a visit.
It makes me wonder if Rachel’s family disapprove of something to do with Steve or something…it would drive a wedge between them.

Reactions: 4
It makes me wonder if Rachel’s family disapprove of something to do with Steve or something…it would drive a wedge between them.
Maybe they think after giving him 4 children Rachael should have a ring on her finger. Who knows. It does seem strange though.

Reactions: 1
It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t like him. I’d hate my children to end up with someone like Steve. He’s lazy, has no ambition, moans all day, and is failing his children.

Reactions: 3

Maybe Rach’s mum can’t stand her bone idle son -in-law.

Reactions: 5
Would love to hear what that family argue about tbh. I remember Steve said they all had a massive argument on one of their holidays and it put them in a bad mood. Must be awkward for Rache, arguing in front of her in-laws.

Reactions: 6
Would love to hear what that family argue about tbh. I remember Steve said they all had a massive argument on one of their holidays and it put them in a bad mood. Must be awkward for Rache, arguing in front of her in-laws.
I remember that. Maybe they fell out with Val. It intrigued me too.

Probably happens when Val demands Steve to take her shopping! 10 shops should do it Steve 😂 I doubt Rache ever says much!

• Haha
Bet Bill finds it hard to bite his tongue when Steve needs money for his tenth dodgy car of the year 😅

• Haha
Wonder what they will do for Christmas. Bill has cancer and don’t think val is very well. Don’t think they will want to be all together

Reactions: 1
Wonder what they will do for Christmas. Bill has cancer and don’t think val is very well. Don’t think they will want to be all together
I think Steve said they're going to the crew's for Boxing Day

It’s nice they get the kids lots of presents. But you never see Chloe playing with her toys she’s always on her iPad. Sophie’s bedroom is tiny she will have no where to store all these presents. And Lacey won’t be wanting all of chloes toys in her room. AND WOW!!! They got main presents too. Where is all this money coming from? They must be in dept all year

Reactions: 3
It was lovely to see the kids so happy and pleased with their gifts. I mean, I know they SHOULD have been, as this was a massively expensive haul! but so often these days kids are spoiled and can't get out a thank-you or look pleased, but how polite and sweet were this lot, I heard lots of 'thank-yous' and lots of 'I love it!' from all of them, every one. I felt genuinely warm towards the whole lot of them.

Dread to think where they will put it all though, and Chloe got too much plastic tat which will rarely be played with, but that's the way of things nowadays.

They got main presents too. Where is all this money coming from? They must be in dept all year
No unlikely, they get quite a payout in benefits from the uk government. They also live in a council house which provides a low rent accommodation for the family.

Our Steve's new illness ;) that he is continually telling us about and then the possible extra benefits claim will help pay for next years even bigger Christmas!

• Wow
It's hard to watch anyone get as much as that, however grateful they seem. I have 4 grown up children and even back when my husband was making very good money I'd never have bought that much. I'm glad my son never puts that expectations on his own children either...and they're still delighted with what they get. What on earth does Lacey need with an expensive phone anyway. She's never anywhere on her own.
Sorry for the ramble. I just don't like all the consumerism around Christmas.

If our Steve had worked hard in a day job through the year (even a weekend job!) it would be easier to watch his christmas vlog! Unfortunately a lot spent here will be the government benefits they save, as they will get quite the amount each month! This vlog is unfair to those working all hours for food or even using food banks to just feed their kids this christmas.

One day the extra benefits will stop/run dry when all the kids reach a certain age so this won’t last forever. Even Liam said “I didn’t think you’d have enough money for this” and Steve replied “Well we didn’t really.” Which says it all. They’d rather spend money they don’t have on things that are materialistic and unneeded, and end up with very little money to fix the car or pay important things with. I don’t think the sake of one day is worth the financial insecurity they must go through. I recently got a used refurbished iPhone 7 Plus and this will be my phone for at least another year or 2 (until it stops working). I don’t get the desire to get the latest model phone, especially when it’s over £1000 each time (specifically with iPhones).

One day the extra benefits will stop/run dry when all the kids reach a certain age so this won’t last forever. Even Liam said “I didn’t think you’d have enough money for this” and Steve replied “Well we didn’t really.” Which says it all. They’d rather spend money they don’t have on things that are materialistic and unneeded, and end up with very little money to fix the car or pay important things with. I don’t think the sake of one day is worth the financial insecurity they must go through. I recently got a used refurbished iPhone 7 Plus and this will be my phone for at least another year or 2 (until it stops working). I don’t get the desire to get the latest model phone, especially when it’s over £1000 each time (specifically with iPhones).
I bought myself a Samsung on black Friday and that was £230. My previous phone was years old and kaput. Can't imagine spending 3-4 times that amount on a child or teenager. A couple of those phones probably cost more than his car lol

Saying that he'll probably be trying to get higher rate mobility for Lacey soon, so he can get a car.

What is wrong with me?? It's Christmas and I'm acting like Scrooge lol but it is hard to watch them buy so much when you know it's impossible for Rach's wages to afford them all that. Bah humbug!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I bought myself a Samsung on black Friday and that was £230. My previous phone was years old and kaput. Can't imagine spending 3-4 times that amount on a child or teenager. A couple of those phones probably cost more than his car lol

Saying that he'll probably be trying to get higher rate mobility for Lacey soon, so he can get a car.

What is wrong with me?? It's Christmas and I'm acting like Scrooge lol but it is hard to watch them buy so much when you know it's impossible for Rach's wages to afford them all that. Bah humbug!
You have a great point though. If they only had Rach’s wages to live on, the only things they would be able to afford realistically is the rent and basic food possibly the bills at a push. There’s no way they would be able to go shops as often as they do or afford their kind of Christmas. What frustrates a lot of the “trolls” as Steve likes to call them is that there is no reason why Steve couldn’t work from home or do something to bring extra money in. I know he will be earning money from AdSense but unless you have thousands upon thousands of viewers, it won’t be enough to live on. He is clearly capable but stuck in a rut of self pity.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.