Steven Bartlett

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy Sexy Millionaire author/The Diary of a CEO podcaster/ Dragon on Dragons Den Steven Barlett now had his own thread

I'm in 2 minds about Steven. I enjoy listening to his guests on TDOA CEO but I'm not hugely in love with Steve himself.

Reactions: 5
I’m looking forward to dragons den coming out soon to see what he’s like on that as he seems so different on his podcast with each guest to another

Reactions: 2
I’m 50/50.

You cannot deny the success of The Social Chain and his stint on The Secret Millionaire was admirable (if not stage managed), his podcast has some great guests / insights but he’s not overly likeable himself?

He often talks about his failed relationships and wanting a girlfriend: I think he would be a nightmare to be with.

I’ve followed him for a while and as our head office is a Manchester based start up he’s quite well known and it’s generally agreed he’s a bit of a nob.

He’s been relentless on LinkedIn these past few days obsessively posting a mixture of quotes, thoughts and diagrams from his book: some of which are complete tit.

Reactions: 12
I’m 50/50.

You cannot deny the success of The Social Chain and his stint on The Secret Millionaire was admirable (if not stage managed), his podcast has some great guests / insights but he’s not overly likeable himself?

He often talks about his failed relationships and wanting a girlfriend: I think he would be a nightmare to be with.

I’ve followed him for a while and as our head office is a Manchester based start up he’s quite well known and it’s generally agreed he’s a bit of a nob.

He’s been relentless on LinkedIn these past few days obsessively posting a mixture of quotes, thoughts and diagrams from his book: some of which are complete tit.
He has a girlfriend now

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He has a girlfriend now
Ah does he? I only pick and choose based on the guest he has on so not up to speed tbh. I don’t follow him on anything other than LinkedIn as I’m more interested from a work POV…

I do wish he’d ask more challenging questions on his podcast: he’s so far up the guests arses 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Hes not a nice person end of. Know so many people who have worked for him and have been treated like sh*t . Everything on social media is so fake lol I hope more stuff comes out about him

Reactions: 14
I watched him on a Channel 4 programme a few years ago called The Secret Teacher, where he went undercover as a teaching assistant at a state school and then offered kids mentoring/jobs or something at the end.

I can remember he came across as really uncomfortable in the school environment and clearly had quite a high opinion of himself just by the way he walked around the place etc.

I would’ve guessed he was gay so quite surprised that he has a girlfriend.

Reactions: 13
I wish he'd stfu about Huel. Does my head in with those ads.
Ah agreed! The way Molly Mae pretended to not know ‘what those bottles were’ - so fake!

He recently posted something about anxiety on LinkedIn. I can’t remember the exact words but it was kind of like ‘if you understand this, then it goes away and is no longer an issue’ and I was like ‘duck off mate!’

Wish he’d stop repeating guests on the podcast as well: sick of Ben Francis 🤣

Reactions: 7
I honestly hate TDOA CEO intro

"I hope nobody's listening, but if you are... keep this to yourself"

WHAT THE F DOES THAT MEAN

His team are obviously yes men if they haven't told him how tit the intro is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hadn't come across this guy until a few days ago but have seen him on The One Show and Dragons Den, I've already gotten a vibe that he's very up himself.

Shot down a lot of ideas without good reason on both shows and comes off as someone keen to tear anything down that doesn't fit to his narrow view.

Reactions: 9
I see this guy as a massive fraud tbh. He's a motivational speaker and influencer masked as a businessman. Some of the pitchers probably have more business acumen than he does. He's certainly nowhere near the same league as the other dragons.

He's like the British Gary Vee 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This Molly Mae shite sadly probably isn't the last we'll hear from/about the nodding dog podcast host (apart from Dragons Den) and I have a funny little feeling that like many of the hustle culture clowns he isn't exactly the height of intelligence or even ethical business practices either, is there anything solid there beyond my initial gut feelings?

This Molly Mae shite sadly probably isn't the last we'll hear from/about the nodding dog podcast host (apart from Dragons Den) and I have a funny little feeling that like many of the hustle culture clowns he isn't exactly the height of intelligence or even ethical business practices either, is there anything solid there beyond my initial gut feelings?
I think your gut is right in telling you his ego is huge and he’s not a very nice person to be around.

With The Social Chain (the business where he made his millions) I think there was definitely an element of right place, right time but then that’s the same with many start ups which scale quickly and see huge growth. He’s also openly said that he believes in hiring people who are better than him to do the work etc but again that’s nothing new and part of being a CEO…

He’s recently launched a new venture: some kind of lifestyle / wellness app I think (but didn’t pay much attention to it tbh) so I’m really interested to see if he can repeat any where near the same amount of success he did previously (and who’s money he’ll use).

He’s just an overly pretentious nob: his whole ‘I’m going eco friendly, I’ve sold my Range Rover’ which leads straight into an ad properly makes me roll my eyes.

And yep, his opening to each episode is 🙄 as well as the page turning sound effect 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I think your gut is right in telling you his ego is huge and he’s not a very nice person to be around.

With The Social Chain (the business where he made his millions) I think there was definitely an element of right place, right time but then that’s the same with many start ups which scale quickly and see huge growth. He’s also openly said that he believes in hiring people who are better than him to do the work etc but again that’s nothing new and part of being a CEO…

He’s recently launched a new venture: some kind of lifestyle / wellness app I think (but didn’t pay much attention to it tbh) so I’m really interested to see if he can repeat any where near the same amount of success he did previously (and who’s money he’ll use).

He’s just an overly pretentious nob: his whole ‘I’m going eco friendly, I’ve sold my Range Rover’ which leads straight into an ad properly makes me roll my eyes.

And yep, his opening to each episode is 🙄 as well as the page turning sound effect 🤦🏻‍♀️
Tbh he admits he had luck with the social chain

Good point that somebody raised on Twitter as a result of his tweet...
"You might aswell say "molly mae did an interview on my podcast (name of podcast) and I'm pissed off the sound bite didn't include mine or the name of said podcast" 🤣

Fake outrage"

• Haha
The LinkedIn losers are kissing his arse

The hashtag heroes zeros
Screenshot_20220110-144913_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220110-144832_Chrome.jpg

The one trying to be deep using their "daughter"
Screenshot_20220110-143724_Chrome.jpg

The suck up
Screenshot_20220110-142745_Chrome.jpg

The one trying to sound clever with Molly Man
Screenshot_20220110-142407_Chrome.jpg

And lastly the one who wants to comment but never listened to the podcast
Screenshot_20220110-142330_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Haha
The LinkedIn losers are kissing his arse

The hashtag heroes zeros
View attachment 979823
View attachment 979827

The one trying to be deep using their "daughter"
View attachment 979838

The suck up
View attachment 979832
The one trying to sound clever with Molly Man
View attachment 979834

And lastly the one who wants to comment but never listened to the podcastView attachment 979836
Sums up the shambles LinkedIn has become these days: fed up of tit like this and endless polls about WFH for engagement 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6