Stereotypes that annoy you

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! And we don’t all love haggis and I’ve never said ‘Och Aye the Noo” in a sentence ever in my life.
Exactly. And don’t get me started on the people (Americans usually) who think we still live in the 14th century - all Braveheart and William Wallace. Or that Scotland is a place in England. 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The very fact that the veganism stereotype is STILL being discussed more than ANY of the others renders the stereotype completely true imho 🤣 (and it was said by a vegan who told us they were vegan - you couldn’t make it up!) Bleating about not being a bleating vegan IS being a bleating vegan. Wow. Give it a rest (nobody cares or questions your milk in your tea thing, I hear of it all the time & nobody is ever asked 🙄come on foreigners take it like that all the time!) you want people to ask you 😂. And I’ve never heard a bad 2009 I love dead animals/meat hole in 2009 or otherwise…. Please prove us wrong vegans and sssshhhhhhh, see if you can do it!
YES - 100% AGREE.

Vegans seem to always play the victim and this thread has totally proved the stereotype 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People being judged and put into boxes on the basis of them voting Labour or Tory, or being a member of either. There are good and bad people in both parties. Some very decent politicians on both sides of the house and some dreadful ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The very fact that the veganism stereotype is STILL being discussed more than ANY of the others renders the stereotype completely true imho 🤣 (and it was said by a vegan who told us they were vegan - you couldn’t make it up!) Bleating about not being a bleating vegan IS being a bleating vegan. Wow. Give it a rest (nobody cares or questions your milk in your tea thing, I hear of it all the time & nobody is ever asked 🙄come on foreigners take it like that all the time!) you want people to ask you 😂. And I’ve never heard a bad 2009 I love dead animals/meat hole in 2009 or otherwise…. Please prove us wrong vegans and sssshhhhhhh, see if you can do it!
I'M VEGAN DID YOU HEAR?? I AM VEGAN LOVE ME ALL THAT VEG

VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'M VEGAN DID YOU HEAR?? I AM VEGAN LOVE ME ALL THAT VEG

VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN VEGAN
Typical Vegan.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Jesus lads can we stop with the vegan stuff already. 🤪.

I hate the stereotype that living on a council estate is a bad thing and that the people living there are anti social or on welfare.

Reactions: 21
That shy quiet reserved people are miserable.

I’ve been battling with being called this my whole life. Yet my husband, my mum & his family would say I’m totally crazy and always make them laugh with my silliness!
This! I always always hassled about this as a kid and then in my 20’s was was always accused of being stuck up or a witch when in fact it was just shynes!!

I’m late 30’s now so couldnt give a tit what people say about me but i am very concious of it with my girls as they can be shy esp in new situations and i make sure to let them know it’s perfectly acceptable and to come out of their shell when they’re comfy and most of the time they do once they have warmed up to those around

• Heart
That eating healthy is only eating dry Lettuce leaves :rolleyes:
That vegetables are boring and all taste the same :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
That Scottish people are tight with money. Although I must admit to being a huge fan of haggis, alcohol and deep fried mars bars :)

That single women are lonely and must be desperate for a man. In my experience, single women tend to be that way by choice and are happy about it, but single (straight) men are rarely happy and are indeed desperate for a partner.

That cuddling a baby or thinking it’s cute means you are broody.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nothing more cringe than a meat eater who can’t stop banging on about how much they love bacon, hate veganism and repeatedly telling the same dead, overplayed vegan jokes that have been floating around the internet since like 2009.
Pls update your humour 😭
Yes! And meat eaters always say 'I love my meat' and 'I couldn't live without my meat' - like why is it their meat?
I'm vegetarian but it's not me who tells other people, it's always my partner or my friends that say something about it 🙂

That people over 25 who still live with their parents are sad losers. I think it's very smart to save your money if you can and they must have a great relationship with their parents which is lovely

Reactions: 9
That people over 25 who still live with their parents are sad losers. I think it's very smart to save your money if you can and they must have a great relationship with their parents which is lovely
Agreed! My family kind of does this. My mam owns a duplex with an efficiency apartment (shower/WC, kitchenette, bedroom, sitting room, outside exit). My brother and his wife and kids rent one apartment, I rent the other (with one of my nephews living in my spare bedroom), and my mam lives in the efficiency. My brother and I cover the mortgage, taxes, insurance, water, etc., which allowed my mom to retire. There's always help with keeping the place up, someone to accept a package or let in a tradesperson, babysitters and rides at hand.

Definitely doesn't work for everyone, we definitely bicker and drive each other mad at times, and I get such tit for "living at home" at 34 but.....a) I like my family usually, b) the rent is cheaper than anything else but still covers everything with us splitting it, and c) I still have my own place.

If you and your family can make it work, I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. It just depends on each individual family and their relationship and set up.

The stereotype that you are a rabid right winger if you don't believe that trans identifying men are women 🤪

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23