Stereotypes that annoy you

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine is that women are bad drivers. I think anyone can be a good or bad driver but statistically, women are less likely to get into accidents, more likely to wear a seatbelt and our insurance premiums are cheaper.

Reactions: 20
That young people are into clubbing. I couldn't think of anything more boring personally.

Reactions: 21
That Spanish people are lazy and just have siestas all day.
---
Mine is that women are bad drivers. I think anyone can be a good or bad driver but statistically, women are less likely to get into accidents, more likely to wear a seatbelt and our insurance premiums are cheaper.
TBH I am a woman and also a terrible driver.
I am that stereotype 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thin people don't eat.
I got accused of this all the time in my twenties. My metabolism has caught up with me now though.

Reactions: 21
That overweight people are like that through gluttony, they're lazy and dirty.

Feeling particularly salty about this today as a friend is being bullied at work for all these things. She has a legitimate health condition that causes her to be overweight, and cannot do any heavy lifting because of that condition. It is NOT through laziness. One colleague also reported that she perspires more than the average person, which they feel is due to poor hygiene.

Stuff these awful people! How dare they treat her like this (she works in an office; the heavy lifting is moving boxes of A4 paper and other stationery upstairs when it arrives at the downstairs reception).

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
That shy quiet reserved people are miserable.

I’ve been battling with being called this my whole life. Yet my husband, my mum & his family would say I’m totally crazy and always make them laugh with my silliness!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
yes! Especially among uni students. There's a stereotype they're all just drunk all the time and they love it.
Yip, I was the uni stereotype.
---
That shy quiet reserved people are miserable.

I’ve been battling with being called this my whole life. Yet my husband, my mum & his family would say I’m totally crazy and always make them laugh with my silliness!
Do you have resting witch face? I have unfortunately and I'm also not that bad!
---
That white people can't dance. Not sure where that one came from although my brother reinforces this stereotype

Reactions: 3
That infertile couples are crazy baby snatching weirdos (not helped by silly soap storylines)

Reactions: 11
That blondes are stupid

I have all my school qualifications passed at top an went on to get highers an advanced highers

Reactions: 6
I don't think I should be in here because I play a game of stereotype bingo whilst out shopping 🙈
For example you have to see if you can spot the 'chav' the 'single mum' the 'workaholic' the 'shoplifter' and the 'karen' 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12