Steps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Either Claire or Lisa had the other on block at one point which people could tell by the way it looked with their names in Instagram tagging.
I want to know the tea so badly.
Do we reckon they're not as happy as they try to make out? I sense that H and Lisa are the leaders this time round, I get mean girl vibes from them.
H comes across as very egotistical, arrogant and could easily make you feel very uncomfortable in his presence- again mean girl vibes.
I think Lisa is still very jealous of Claire because of her voice and always will be.
I think Faye is fairly neutral but won't let anyone walk all over her or take the piss.
I think Lee is also very similar to Faye. You can tell that H annoys him.
Claire, doesn't have the same energy has she did in previous tours but she's very homely isn't she? So I'd imagine it's a lot to do with missing her family and possibly memories of the early tours coming back.
I think they all enjoy performing but not necessarily with each other as much anymore.
Lee and Faye I feel like it's more of a paycheck than anything else.
Just my opinion and I could be way off the mark.

Reactions: 8
I think only H and Lisa get on. That’s the vibe I get. I always think Lee (although bloody gorgeous) seems so miserable and embarrassed to be in the band….especially when H is jumping around being ‘hyper.

Reactions: 7
I think only H and Lisa get on. That’s the vibe I get. I always think Lee (although bloody gorgeous) seems so miserable and embarrassed to be in the band….especially when H is jumping around being ‘hyper.
Lee always just seems to be, there. Though he is beautiful, so he can just stand and dance and look gorgeous and I'd be happy.

Reactions: 6
They did an interview late last year about their new album and while they were obviously in the same building, H and Lisa were in a separate room from the others which just seemed weird. Even with covid it seemed bizarre that they couldn't all be together in one room at a time when they were actually recording stuff and filming music videos. Also, no idea if its something they do every night on tour but H made a joke about Faye being on Onlyfans and she didn't sound overly happy with him but he seemed to find it hilarious.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
They did an interview late last year about their new album and while they were obviously in the same building, H and Lisa were in a separate room from the others which just seemed weird. Even with covid it seemed bizarre that they couldn't all be together in one room at a time when they were actually recording stuff and filming music videos. Also, no idea if its something they do every night on tour but H made a joke about Faye being on Onlyfans and she didn't sound overly happy with him but he seemed to find it hilarious.
He’s made that joke a few times then I think, when he made it in Birmingham she did laugh

Reactions: 1
The banter they do between songs probably is pretty scripted then. Lisa Scott-Lee probably forgets her lines occasionally.

Reactions: 4
H and Lisa really took the ‘queen of huns’ joke a ran with it huh? Lee also looks a bit pissed off with H constantly referring to him as a DILF.

Reactions: 5
I want to know the tea so badly.
Do we reckon they're not as happy as they try to make out? I sense that H and Lisa are the leaders this time round, I get mean girl vibes from them.
H comes across as very egotistical, arrogant and could easily make you feel very uncomfortable in his presence- again mean girl vibes.
I think Lisa is still very jealous of Claire because of her voice and always will be.
I think Faye is fairly neutral but won't let anyone walk all over her or take the piss.
I think Lee is also very similar to Faye. You can tell that H annoys him.
Claire, doesn't have the same energy has she did in previous tours but she's very homely isn't she? So I'd imagine it's a lot to do with missing her family and possibly memories of the early tours coming back.
I think they all enjoy performing but not necessarily with each other as much anymore.
Lee and Faye I feel like it's more of a paycheck than anything else.
Just my opinion and I could be way off the mark.
I don’t get the impression they are happy back together. I think the tour is all about the financial result and for some of them a platform to other things maybe. like Faye being in the West end. I was a teenager when they were at their peak and I was shocked to find out they weren’t getting along in real life when they split.
I have had the displeasure of meeting Lee and H. Lee was sullen but H was very arrogant. it could have been a bad day but I think H would be very difficult to get along with. This was the man that said in the reunion show when he wanted to witch about Claire, he went to Lisa and vice versa. He seems a right drama Queen.

He also took absolutely no responsibility in the documentary and everything was directed at Claire.

Reactions: 5
H and Lisa seem very close, which is funny considering it was him and Claire who went solo back in the day. I can imagine H would be draining to be around, I don’t think I could put up with him. They did seem really appreciative of the support when I saw them last night, it seemed genuine. But I would say for some of them it’s a source of income rather than something they really want to do.

He made that joke at my show last night too and she laughed and said people keep asking her if it’s true but it’s not.

Reactions: 2
H and Lisa really took the ‘queen of huns’ joke a ran with it huh? Lee also looks a bit pissed off with H constantly referring to him as a DILF.
The whole Hun thing is so cringy. I wish they would just stop it.

I've noticed that too about H making seedy comments to Lee. I find it quite rude and disrespectful to Lee and his wife, I know it's probably said for a "laugh" but Lee doesn't look to pleased with the comments very often.

Reactions: 3
H and Lisa seem very close, which is funny considering it was him and Claire who went solo back in the day. I can imagine H would be draining to be around, I don’t think I could put up with him. They did seem really appreciative of the support when I saw them last night, it seemed genuine. But I would say for some of them it’s a source of income rather than something they really want to do.

He made that joke at my show last night too and she laughed and said people keep asking her if it’s true but it’s not.
It kind of makes sense that the two thirstiest members get on so well today - they are probably super keen for a comeback whilst it’s more of a money or don’t want to perform in a pub thing for the rest.

I remember H constantly pissing off the rest of the band back in the nineties - it was a mixture of being ultra hyper as well as seeing himself as the star.

H has emerged a few times over the years (once or twice on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and the like), but never popped. I don’t imagine sharing a name with Ian Watkins of Lostprophets‘ fame helped either (if only when one Googles “who dis guy?”)

Other singing “personalities” seemed to have a longer 15mins (Darius Danesh, Chico, The Cheeky Girls, Stacey Solomon etc) with TV or theatre chucked in, while other pop band’s fellas quietly retired or went into theatre / panto. This makes me think he doesn’t get on with other people in the industry / is a bit of a prick.

Lisa was quieter back in the day - everyone wanted to talk to Claire in interviews while Faye copped a lot of grief for Claire leaving. However, Lisa was extremely ambitious and really ran with a scripted reality TV show in 2005 (a couple of years ahead of the curve for reality TV) as well as ”managing” her brother’s career. It was unfortunate she was the weakest singer and dancer out of Steps.

I wouldn’t pay to see Steps in concert, but I would buy tickets to an evening of Pete Waterman’s acts including them, Rick Astley, Kylie etc.

Reactions: 3
I went to see them on Friday in Manchester. They were ok but not as good as I’ve seen before. It was still a good night though and if you’re a fan worth going to see them!

Reactions: 2
Haa anyone watched that Banger or Trash on YouTube on Social Junkies account?
It has H deciding which Steps' songs are Bangers or Trash. Anyway at one point he talks about Neon Blue (I think!) and mentions Claires short hair and he says "She was very popular with the Lesbians."
I don't know about anyone else but I thought that comment was out of order and goes against a lot of what he stands for.
He's just stereotyped a lot of Lesbians. I feel he gets away with saying things like that just because he's a gay man. Can you imagine if someone else had said that? I'm sure there would be an uproar!

Reactions: 13
Given he likes to call Lee a DILF all the time, I have wondered what the reaction would be if Lee went about calling Claire, Faye or Lisa a MILF....

Reactions: 8
Given he likes to call Lee a DILF all the time, I have wondered what the reaction would be if Lee went about calling Claire, Faye or Lisa a MILF....
Exactly, Lee would be cancelled.
It's not acceptable for anyone to say the things H does. It's clear that Lee doesn't like H leering all over him and calling him a DILF all the time.