Steps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not me crushing on H as a kid not realising he’d be more interested in my dad than me hahahah!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not me crushing on H as a kid not realising he’d be more interested in my dad than me hahahah!
Me crushing on Lee is the same thing.

I might be prepared to let him do anything to me, but first of all he would need to start swinging H's way.

I always fancy the straight guys, it's tit. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember Lee on that boyband show and he was so bad vocally they sacked him?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They were one of Pete Waterman’s creations, yes he of the early Pop Idol show fame at the turn of the century. He was the first harsh but fair judge in the line up before being replaced in that niche by that Simon Fuller lackey / wannabe Simon Cowell.

I think Steps got the songs Waterman’s other act, Kylie Minogue, passed on.

Also, like all the other pop group acts of the nineties, they walked away with very little while Waterman and other executives made millions.

She was also extremely unkind to Michelle Heaton.
Wasn’t Michelle married to one of Lisa’s brothers for a few years? Her three brothers formed the band 3SL.

Lisa’s holiday home in Spain is around the corner from my Mum’s place and pre-COVID, she saw Lisa and her family around from time to time during the summer. I must ask my Mum if she has any tea.

Reactions: 3
I fancied H so much back in the day, I had that naked picture of him in my school folder and would just stare at it all the time 🤣

I wanted to be Lisa so badly but with Clares voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Lisa was very jealous of Michelle. Remember on Totally Scott Lee when she went so show her Nana her new video and all the nana could talk about was how she’d seen Michelle and Liberty X on This Morning 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m totally going to watch that show now. I had a right crush on Andy to be honest 😂

5 mins in on YouTube and Mich is laughing at Lisa and cringing at the nanas dog 😂

Reactions: 4
They were one of Pete Waterman’s creations, yes he of the early Pop Idol show fame at the turn of the century. He was the first harsh but fair judge in the line up before being replaced in that niche by that Simon Fuller lackey / wannabe Simon Cowell.

I think Steps got the songs Waterman’s other act, Kylie Minogue, passed on.

Also, like all the other pop group acts of the nineties, they walked away with very little while Waterman and other executives made millions.
Simon Cowell was actually Mr Nice originally on those shows.

Pete was Mr Nasty.

Then Pete left and Simon adopted that character.

Lisa and Geri are shining examples of how little talent, average talent and a hell of a lot of ambition can get you a long way.

They're both batshit mental.

Simon Cowell was actually Mr Nice originally on those shows.

Pete was Mr Nasty.

Then Pete left and Simon adopted that character.

Lisa and Geri are shining examples of how little talent, average talent and a hell of a lot of ambition can get you a long way.

They're both batshit mental.

Yep - remember when Dr Fox was on those shows? The bloke dominated the radio for a chunk of time before vanishing and then popping up when he got arrested arrested during Operation Yewtree (found not guilty).

I think the other Mr Nasty Nigel Lithgoe popped up early on as a judge to call Kim Marsh “too fat“ before going to the US to judge on So You Think You Can Dance.

Proper memory lane now :D

Reactions: 6
Yep - remember when Dr Fox was on those shows? The bloke dominated the radio for a chunk of time before vanishing and then popping up when he got arrested arrested during Operation Yewtree (found not guilty).

I think the other Mr Nasty Nigel Lithgoe popped up early on as a judge to call Kim Marsh “too fat“ before going to the US to judge on So You Think You Can Dance.

Proper memory lane now :D
He was also the brains behind American Idol with Simon Fuller & they both made an absolute fortune from it.

Wasn’t Michelle married to one of Lisa’s brothers for a few years? Her three brothers formed the band 3SL.

Lisa’s holiday home in Spain is around the corner from my Mum’s place and pre-COVID, she saw Lisa and her family around from time to time during the summer. I must ask my Mum if she has any tea.
Yeah she was married to Andy I think. I’m pleased Michelle managed to move on and marry her now husband who is an absolute dish.

Reactions: 1
I loved Steps a kid! Their steps reunion documentary partially shattered my illusions that they all loved each other and were close. Claire was bullied, H was/is a complete prick, Lisa is totally delusional and Lee is a pretty boy but he can’t sing so why he was surprised they weren’t using his vocals shouldn’t surprise him.

I met Lee, H and Faye back in 2001. The boys In particular made it very clear they didn’t want to interact with the few fans there.

• Sad
I loved H as well! I don’t know how he can keep up that jolly, happy, cheeky act though (and it must be an act because no/one can be like that all the time surely).

Reactions: 1
I loved steps. I remember getting the album buzz for Christmas once and listening to it at the dining table on my own that evening.

Lisa was my favourite, I remember Claire and h used to annoy me cos toward the end it was all about them. They presented a talent show on cbbc (steps to the stars i think it was called) then released a couple of singles as H and Claire.

I loved how each single had a look with steps. My favourite was the china/Mulan theme for after the love has gone. Hated tragedy and chain reaction. The stomp video was my whole look in year 6!! Especially the hair!

Reactions: 4