Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did they win the lotto or something? How can the afford all this
The prices of properties in the region of Italy they're in (Abruzzo) are very reasonable in comparison to U.K. prices (under €100k! for a similar property to Steph I think ....in an attempt to repopulate many rural areas as young families didn't want to live there any longer apparently - however I think you need to be a EU National to purchase property - so that rules U.K. out now unfortunately

Reactions: 1
They ‘forgot’ they owned a second house 🙄 Gimme a break. Could they be more unrelatable if they tried?
But those two houses are in the cheapest place in Europe to buy houses so you probably wouldn’t rent an apartment in Dublin for a yea for the
Full cost.
Did they win the lotto or something? How can the afford all this
the purposely bought in that area as they googled the cheapest place to buy a house in Europe and that was it. Id say they got it for a song. It seems remote so that would make it even cheaper also

Reactions: 3
The other houses she shared that they were looking at at the time were all between €40K -€80K it’s a massive difference in price between Ireland/UK and Italy

I used to love steph mainly while they travelled around Asia but since they moved to Italy she has really started to grate on me. As an Italian myself I find their behaviour very cringey and I'm certain they stick out like 2 sore thumbs to the locals. They do not have "2 houses" as she continues to refer to the property, but rather the house is split into 2 living spaces, which is very very common in Italy and is done to accommodate the extended family/ageing relatives. I know its a minor detail really but I feel the way she goes on about it is very much to just show off.

Also, in the height of a hot summer, the council will often shut off the water supply/limit pressure with no prior warning to conserve what little water there is. If she had done more research she would know this. After all she "discovered" Abruzzo and is there to educate us all 😒

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Saaame, I used to stan Steph so much and thought she was this fab, humble, down to earth blogger. Could not be further from what I think now 😂😂

Reactions: 7
I know the house was cheap. It doesn’t mean it’s not a lot of bullshit for her to say ‘oh teehee we forgot we have 2 houses’

Reactions: 6
Loved Steph too! Thought she was super genuine and trusted her travel tips etc. I'd even booked to do her freelancer course. Now I can't stand her! I know Italy really well (i live here) and I 've never seen it look so DULL! Sicily is amazing and she made it look shite. How many times can she show that average view from her house or the town square with a gasp?! Really?! Also super irked me that she 'mentioned' only about the fires in Turkey - Italy has been on fire for weeks and she's obviously oblivious or doesn't give a tit because it doesn't affect her fab life. Road trip and 'something's on fire!' - half the south is on fire you egotistical maniac! Water's off in the summer - yeah, welcome to Italy love! Rant over.

Reactions: 14
Christ on a bike nobody gives a rattling duck if you have kids Steph. I'm not sure who in this day and age goes into parenthood expecting it to be a bed of roses. Newsflash that's not why we have kids. She is insufferable.

Christ on a bike nobody gives a rattling duck if you have kids Steph. I'm not sure who in this day and age goes into parenthood expecting it to be a bed of roses. Newsflash that's not why we have kids. She is insufferable.
Then she promptly behaves like a kid herself while opening a package of squash..don't worry Steph I'm sure all that plastic packaging was worth it and maybe just as well, you're not going to procreate .
She lives in such a horticultural area, why doesn't she make her own lemonade with all those lemons she's growing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'd put money on being able to buy cordial in Italy. Or at least buy 1 bottle. Gobshite.

Reactions: 4
Was the juice an ad? Such a weird purchase when she has been over there for so long presumably enjoying other beverages. Like in London she was promoting all that alcohol free drink now she's on the wine every night!

I really dislike the constant talk about not having kids. If it’s a topic she doesn’t like to talk about, she should stop talking about it. It’s everyone’s personal choice whether to become parents or not. When people ask me I just say “ oh maybe one day” because I feel uncomfortable telling people the truth that I really want one but nothing is happening after my miscarriages.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I really dislike the constant talk about not having kids. If it’s a topic she doesn’t like to talk about, she should stop talking about it. It’s everyone’s personal choice whether to become parents or not. When people ask me I just say “ oh maybe one day” because I feel uncomfortable telling people the truth that I really want one but nothing is happening after my miscarriages.
She never shuts up about it. She is another one who can’t seem to understand you can be happy with kids or without kids. It’s not either or. She is so high & mighty it’s draining

Was the juice an ad? Such a weird purchase when she has been over there for so long presumably enjoying other beverages. Like in London she was promoting all that alcohol free drink now she's on the wine every night!
This thought crossed my mind also. Is it the build up to a sneaky ad.

She goes on about it so much, I think she does want kids and Tim doesn’t, and that’s why she’s so defensive about them not 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Who is she actually trying to convince with this study chart she keeps sharing?? Seems like it’s a big insecurity of hers. She should just own her decision either way and stop banging on about it. Nobody really cares.

Reactions: 5
Exactly. To each their own really. Some people have kids and are happy, some don’t and are happy. There’s no need to keep bringing it up and if someone is pressuring her, she should speak to them about it.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.