Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yikes not sure how I feel about naming and shaming the hotel !! sure say you had a bad experience but something doesn’t sit right with me to then post the actual listing.. 😬 maybe I’m just too nice
Given the dirt in the cups and that they were totally right to share. Seems Steph cant do anything right, the complaint on 99% of threads is that bloggers are saying everything is so amazing all of the time

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Given the dirt in the cups and that they were totally right to share. Seems Steph cant do anything right, the complaint on 99% of threads is that bloggers are saying everything is so amazing all of the time
Completely agree!

Reactions: 8
I think she's right to complain & be real about it but maybe tell people to DM her if they're going to Sicily so that they don't book it? Ultimately that could do a lot of damage to a small business when it could be a one off

Reactions: 7
I think she's right to complain & be real about it but maybe tell people to DM her if they're going to Sicily so that they don't book it? Ultimately that could do a lot of damage to a small business when it could be a one off
Yes, exactly my thinking. Yes obviously dirty cups and bowls aren’t acceptable but also 1 influencer could ruin a whole small business after a whole 18 months of no custom as it is .. if someone was genuinely about to book something in Sicily then OK they could ask her but to just badmouth them infront of thousands for no real reason is 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Yes, exactly my thinking. Yes obviously dirty cups and bowls aren’t acceptable but also 1 influencer could ruin a whole small business after a whole 18 months of no custom as it is .. if someone was genuinely about to book something in Sicily then OK they could ask her but to just badmouth them infront of thousands for no real reason is 🤷🏼‍♀️
Its so mean!!! Whoever owns that business more than likely has a family to support!.... maybe they are at the early stages of setting everything up, and there are some issues which can be easily rectified. Complain to them yes about everything that was wrong, but give them a chance to make all the necessary changes because you bad mouth them to your 70,000 followers ...

Reactions: 3
I mean to be fair, if I was looking for somewhere to stay in Sicily I wouldn’t go to her Instagram, I can’t imagine it will have all that much impact once the stories expire, I doubt anyone would remember the name of the place.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I think she was completely right to complain, of course. Also she said they "tried" to charge a 100Euro cleaning fee, doubt they actually paid it. Just found it odd to post the name. By all means complain in person. Then they know for sure what issues the guests have and maybe rectify it going forward. I'm travelling at the moment (in China where I live we have no covid) and I'm trying to support local businesses a lot and leave great reviews when I can because it's obviously been a hard time last year for businesses because of covid. Tbh these days I wouldn't even leave a bad review if I have a problem, I just don't leave a review. Maybe tell them in person and let them try to fix it but don't leave a bad review. That's just what I do.

I just think Steph tries to come across as an easy going free living traveller but actually she's a bit up tight and extremely passive aggressive as we have seen many times before 😅. So posting the name is just her being passive aggressive again and giving her some satisfaction.

Reactions: 17
Anyone seen they are in Turkey now? Looks like they have been paid to go there and promote it!

Why did she need to ask everyone how to say hello in Turkish when her sister lived there? It’s more about her than the scenery

Reactions: 5
Should the stories not be marked as #ad since she is receiving a free holiday.

Might submit an ASA report as it’s not clear from their website what a “press trip” should be labelled as.

Reactions: 5
Haven’t t looked at stories but I’ll take a guess :

bikini up arse crack pose from the back on a boat/beach ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Should the stories not be marked as #ad since she is receiving a free holiday.

Might submit an ASA report as it’s not clear from their website what a “press trip” should be labelled as.
no doubt if anyone questioned her about it via dm she would have a calculated well-thought-out answer for them... thinks she untouchable this one. I used to really like her.. thought she was so real and genuine.

Yeah should surely be #ad. I doubt she's allowed to say anything negative about the place so therefore it's an advertisement.

Reactions: 4
That photo she's posted the behind the scenes & it's now live on her feed is ridiculous! Its because of influencers doing stupid tit like that for the gram that young people follow suit & get hurt 🤬🤬

Reactions: 9
That photo she's posted the behind the scenes & it's now live on her feed is ridiculous! Its because of influencers doing stupid tit like that for the gram that young people follow suit & get hurt 🤬🤬
Jesus!!! I just had a look 😱... she is bloody ruthless for likes ... awful, what if she had slipped 😱

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.