Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In today’s story where she’s talking about talking to strangers in a new country & he’s just like nodding dog next to her
He stresses me out. He is too laid back. The other day he was lifting boxes into the house and she was standing there filming him. If I was him I would lose it with her

Reactions: 7
Ah god I feel bad for poor Tim getting bad press, he seems like a nice guy. Chilled and easy going. Don’t see anything wrong with that. It’s the 21st century so if they decide to share surnames instead of her taking his then I say more power to them! 🙌🏻

Reactions: 30
Ah god I feel bad for poor Tim getting bad press, he seems like a nice guy. Chilled and easy going. Don’t see anything wrong with that. It’s the 21st century so if they decide to share surnames instead of her taking his then I say more power to them! 🙌🏻
He seems like a nice guy definitely but a bit too laid back for me. I get the impression she bosses him around.

Reactions: 4
He comes across as a really sound ultra laid-back guy, also quite good-looking.... she is lucky she met him.
I think its the dynamic in their relationship that she takes charge and he is happy to go along with it.

Reactions: 4
He comes across as a really sound ultra laid-back guy, also quite good-looking.... she is lucky she met him.
I think its the dynamic in their relationship that she takes charge and he is happy to go along with it.
It def seems like the dynamic in their relationship. He’s comes across as far too passive for me, but he seems like a harmless character and they seem really happy. Whatever works for them.

They're quite boring people, not much personality. I realised the only reason I followed her was because I travelled around South East Asia and I liked seeing the places I'd been again and seeing which places they went to. I only ever liked the stories anyway the grid posts are cringey af. I always unfollowed her when she went back to Ireland or the UK 😂. Her travel tips are a bit useless for anyone who has travelled before.

Seems she's moving out of travel related stuff anyway and focusing a lot on these boot camp things which is a smart decision I suppose. She seems like a fairly shrewd business person.

Tim seems nice but she def bosses him around, he seems to go along with whatever she wants. Which is why I wasn't that surprised she had a Vera Wang wedding dress even though they are stingy 😂😂. If they splash out its for her.

Reactions: 10
They're quite boring people, not much personality. I realised the only reason I followed her was because I travelled around South East Asia and I liked seeing the places I'd been again and seeing which places they went to. I only ever liked the stories anyway the grid posts are cringey af. I always unfollowed her when she went back to Ireland or the UK 😂. Her travel tips are a bit useless for anyone who has travelled before.

Seems she's moving out of travel related stuff anyway and focusing a lot on these boot camp things which is a smart decision I suppose. She seems like a fairly shrewd business person.

Tim seems nice but she def bosses him around, he seems to go along with whatever she wants. Which is why I wasn't that surprised she had a Vera Wang wedding dress even though they are stingy 😂😂. If they splash out its for her.
Suppose she doesn’t really have an option at the minute, she can’t travel so she has to focus on something else. It would be pointless of her sharing travel tips now when no one can go anywhere.
Also the wedding was before the started travelling so I suppose they had a lot more disposable cash then to splurge, when travelling they were doing everything on a budget understandably

Reactions: 1
Yeah that's what I mean shes smart to have these bootcamps now when she can't have travel content or do travel planning 🤑🤑.

Reactions: 2
Fair play to Steph for setting up the online training, regardless of the content,price and if its value for money, which I queried before.
I've been a critic of her travel late last year and some of her other activities, but I'll give credit were it is due too.

This is the type of digital nomad behaviour that I'm comfortable with, she has used her professional skills to create something, and from what i get she actually delivers this training herself and not just a course that the participants work through themselves.
Delivering that hands on training can be difficult and time consuming, and is worthy of being called a days work.

Reactions: 10
Fair play to Steph for setting up the online training, regardless of the content,price and if its value for money, which I queried before.
I've been a critic of her travel late last year and some of her other activities, but I'll give credit were it is due too.

This is the type of digital nomad behaviour that I'm comfortable with, she has used her professional skills to create something, and from what i get she actually delivers this training herself and not just a course that the participants work through themselves.
Delivering that hands on training can be difficult and time consuming, and is worthy of being called a days work.
I agree. And I also queried it before as really a CPD certification isn’t valid for many however she is the one delivering it, she hasn’t just recorded it once and sending it out to anyone who is buying is to watch re-run videos etc that’s not the case - she is working 10-12 hour days delivering the content herself all the time live. She is definitely putting in the work regardless of whether or not the course itself holds any value

Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree too, I think she’s obviously really business minded and entrepreneurial and fair play to her. I got sick of her content when they had to move back to the UK but it’s not really their fault they couldn’t travel.

Reactions: 3
How are they having their first visitor next week? In a pandemic in Italy? Is she for real?

How are they having their first visitor next week? In a pandemic in Italy? Is she for real?
Some regions of Italy already moving to highest restrictions, and all of Italy doing so for the 2 weeks around Easter.
This looks to be the case for the majority of Europe with Germany, Poland and France.

Currently I feel that if you are planning any travel, that you must be prepared to cancel even at the last moment.
And not only be prepared, but actually willing to cancel when things clearly are deteriorating.
Not to have the mentality that "Oh I booked it ages ago and sure how could I possibly cancel now"

I think we are now in the area were she and her guest should consider cancelling.

Has she mention if these are friends/family or if they are commercial guests?
The master plan was to have an type AirBnB property.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.