Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They had a crash on the bike and had a very tough time navigating the hospital system in Bali and ended up spending a good portion of their savings just to get Tim the basic treatment he needed. I don't envy what they went through and in fairness I thought Steph did a very good job of highlighting the pitfalls of travel insurance for backpackers etc.
Then they left Bali for a time and eventually went back. When they went back a friend of theirs was killed in a crash similar to theirs and I think obviously between mourning their friend as well it just brought everything back and they left.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The second time they left Bali though was because of covid. Tim has asthma so they worried about his health if he got covid.

But they don't seem to gives a tit about covid anymore which is odd 😂.

Reactions: 6
To be fair to them they seem to have followed every restriction to the letter. I dont think they cone close to the worst of them

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah apart from all the flights they've took during the pandrmic. If they actually worried about Tim getting it they wouldn't have planned to fly to Ireland at Xmas or flew over to Italy etc.

Reactions: 3
Yeah i havent taken a flight but still they were allowed when they did i guess.

For example, dr lisa (theres a thread on her here) is a doctor in the uk and after the travel ban was announced she flew via belfast to be home in ireland for xmas.

When you compare the 2 its hard to find fault with steph and tim is all. I consider dr lisa to have made a head mobe, especially given her job, whereas with steph and tim, i'm like not the best idea, but within rules so fair enough

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The second time they left Bali though was because of covid. Tim has asthma so they worried about his health if he got covid.

But they don't seem to gives a tit about covid anymore which is odd 😂.
I read it that it was more a case of ‘once bitten twice shy’ with the health system in Bali and they knew that if Tim caught it out there that his chances weren’t great as opposed to being treated by NHS etc 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think also to be fair they wouldn’t be as worried because at least the health system in the Uk and Ireland is modern and at least speak English, in Bali they had fierce language problems communicating with the doctors and also if it’s healthcare system was poor then I can imagine what it is like now with Covid so with Tims underlying issues they made a wise move coming home. They isolated completely for months in KL which was the only place they could get to out of Bali at the time and then when they could make it back to Uk safely they did and again followed all requirements about testing and isolation. I know how scary it can be so far from home when crisis happens so I think they handled it a lot more responsibly than the rest just look at siobhan O hagan or becca Gillen now they are idiot rule breakers

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think also to be fair they wouldn’t be as worried because at least the health system in the Uk and Ireland is modern and at least speak English, in Bali they had fierce language problems communicating with the doctors and also if it’s healthcare system was poor then I can imagine what it is like now with Covid so with Tims underlying issues they made a wise move coming home. They isolated completely for months in KL which was the only place they could get to out of Bali at the time and then when they could make it back to Uk safely they did and again followed all requirements about testing and isolation. I know how scary it can be so far from home when crisis happens so I think they handled it a lot more responsibly than the rest just look at siobhan O hagan or becca Gillen now they are idiot rule breakers
I agree here. I think that given the circumstances surrounding everything going on, Bali is not a place you want to be in terms of medical when there is a pandemic especially if you have health issues with the language barrier not being good whatsoever. They were the only people who I’ve seen with a following on social media who religiously stick to correct restrictions from the beginning, stuck in KL for weeks and barely able to leave their accommodation at all even for exercise. They have continuously isolated and followed correct guidelines within travelling. While coming home to Ireland for Christmas May have not been the wisest decision, the government had allowed travel home at this point and once it was mentioned and not even fully confirmed Steph had said their trip home would be cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm after a few drinks here so I'll let it flow....years ago, like at least 10 years I had a boyfriend who was in the same social as LDB, they shared a very close mutual friend. She is the same now as she was then - she thought she was a big deal in Cork, she tried to be different to be cool, she had a lot of attitude. She makes it out like she is so self aware and woke and maybe she has changed since I encountered her last but the way her and her friends acted at that time...

Reactions: 2
Yeah in fairness I do agree they have actually followed most of the rules which is rare for Instagrammers 😂

Reactions: 6
I agree here. I think that given the circumstances surrounding everything going on, Bali is not a place you want to be in terms of medical when there is a pandemic especially if you have health issues with the language barrier not being good whatsoever. They were the only people who I’ve seen with a following on social media who religiously stick to correct restrictions from the beginning, stuck in KL for weeks and barely able to leave their accommodation at all even for exercise. They have continuously isolated and followed correct guidelines within travelling. While coming home to Ireland for Christmas May have not been the wisest decision, the government had allowed travel home at this point and once it was mentioned and not even fully confirmed Steph had said their trip home would be cancelled.
Totally agree with this, they saw the stress the Bali health system was under well before any pandemic was on the radar. They also saw first hand how dangerous the driving on scooters is there and the consequences of that. I know they have come under fire for moving to Italy but they did everything that was asked of them in KL and London when they returned from Italy and were very open in doing so. They didn't travel to Ireland for Christmas as planned and when they were planning on visiting Tim's family it was going to be done on the basis of having done covid tests.
When the borders for Bali re-opened Steph was very vocal in highlighting how bringing any risk at all in to the locals was very detrimental and that people needed to isolate to protect them even if isolation wasn't mandatory and to remember the locals who were facing not only a health crisis but decimated livelihoods.
A million miles apart from Bali's current Irish residents who couldn't give a f*ck.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know its tattle. But for me it is ok to see the good in people. I've been following steph for 3 years about, i went to Bali summer '18 and followed her before that. I actually messaged her a couple of times and she messaged back. The only thing shes done that i really didnt like was share the names of her course attendees. Pretty inoffensive.

She doesnt use #af links all too regularly, she doesnt promote tat, her travel highlights are really useful. I know the pandemic has bee n hard and seeing people go abroad when i havent is tough but honestly aside from a few cringe pics i cant find fault with her. Really do think shes one of the good ones

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The thing that annoys me is this never ending talking about how cheap houses are in Abruzzo. The house they got is at least 150K looking at the condition, it's fully detached, millions of rooms, sizes, all the dishwashers, tv etc etc etc and mind blowing panorama around for house alone. Well, it's hard not to be jeleous here when someone earns 50K+ in A MONTH whilst we sit in pandemic with no jobs and can't even leave house. But do really people think finishing one course will give them this lifestyle and freedom? The world is FULL of high-end developers already competing with each other. The ONLY people these days that make CRAZY amount of money are THOSE selling their courses. And people fly like bees on honey thinking few months will give them same. It is just impossible.

Reactions: 4
and how does Tim feels when woman makes all that crazymoney and he is the only ever seen to cook and clean whenever they are. Are normal things too much for posh Steph? A bit less of self-centrism would be so much more attractive. There was never a word said to people who bought her courses - thank you for your trust choosing me as a teacher etc....for hundreds and thousands they pay for the courses elsewhere 10 times cheaper, just a Wordpress! why pretend there was money to buy a house before. It's a few months of courses that got it all at once. Why lying about small budget to start with. Why so much misleading info so now everyone thinks you can buy villa for pennies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
and how does Tim feels when woman makes all that crazymoney and he is the only ever seen to cook and clean whenever they are. Are normal things too much for posh Steph? A bit less of self-centrism would be so much more attractive. There was never a word said to people who bought her courses - thank you for your trust choosing me as a teacher etc....for hundreds and thousands they pay for the courses elsewhere 10 times cheaper, just a Wordpress! why pretend there was money to buy a house before. It's a few months of courses that got it all at once. Why lying about small budget to start with. Why so much misleading info so now everyone thinks you can buy villa for pennies.

Are you ok? Seems to be a lot of misplaced anger in your post(s). Steph has been quite open in the past about Tim being the bigger earner in their relationship, as far back as when she was going the travel plans. Sometimes in relationships two people earn different salaries, it doesn’t mean one is better than the other, or more of a contributor to the unit. One person may work outside the home for a high salary, while the other works in the home rearing kids, for example. Both contribute the same amount of effort and time to a successful relationship. That said, Tim is an earner in his own right. If their delegation of cooking and cleaning causes you so much anger then maybe pour yourself a gin.

Have you looked up the cost of houses in abruzzo? Do you know it came with the DW, etc. or if they’ve had things installed while they were back in the U.K.? Irrespective of the cost of it, they’re both hard workers, who lost 99% of their life savings and had to start afresh. It’s bizarre you’d begrudge people a stable roof over their heads.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
no-one here is begrudging anything, just no need to keep talking on insta about houses there worth pennies simply because it is misleading. Ruins? yes.

Reactions: 1
also, no-one said Tim doesn't earn any money, it was more about the sudden change and how that affect man's EGO. About ordinary, again, Tim was the ONLY one again to know there are 2 dishwashers in the house :D Still a bit odd. It's been couple of days since moving :))

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.