Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the two of them used to seem really normal, sound and authentic and now are just fake and over the top for insta pics. Maybe because they are no longer traveling it’s shown them up for who they really are? I dunno. I also remember how self-important she was when talking about digital nomads at the start of the pandemic. Basically saying how they had the right to get back traveling before anyone else 🙄 at the end of the day we are all just tourists, digital nomad or not so get down off that high horse. Ps. I can’t stand the term digital nomad it makes me shudder with the cringe

Reactions: 15
haha yes I hate the term digital nomad! and yeah that's what I was referring to too!!! They seemed to think they were sooo important and countries would want to let them back in. no Steph countries aren't going to give a flying duck about a digital nomad that spends 30 dollars a day and contributes nothing compared to say a Chinese tourist who spends hundreds of dollars day. how could you be so self important and clueless.

Reactions: 11
Eco warrior steph on telling us how much CO2 we can save by not buying new clothes of Christmas day. F#ck off! I'm not offsetting your carbon footprint for your flights all over the place.
If I want a new xma jumper I'll buy 1. It'll be only only luxury in last 6 months.

Next time your off to Italy - how about you take the train if you really concerned about the amount of CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere. Practice what you preach ffs.
What a f#cking hypocrite!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I'll start by saying that I like Steph's content. But. When she posted that her weight was just above 8st and she was trying to lose 3lb I was horrified. She's 5ft 10 and that's extremely underweight.
I can't find the picture, I have her blocked so she won't come up on my For You Page, but there is a fairly recent photo of her and Tim sitting on a bridge or a dock by water and if that is how skinny she really is she then I would be concerned for her.

I find everything about her page so contrived; I was very happy to unfollow a couple of months back. The constant posed photos of her and her husband/ stories of him sleeping/ awkward videos of them holding each other staring into the camera. Nothing ever seems natural - just pose after pose after pose and documenting every moment. Even her supposedly candid shots are so engineered & her incessant insistence on standing on tip toe for every freaking photo just seems so manufactured. I had to unfollow when I saw her advertising 'travel guides' to NZ (where I have lived for the past 15 years) when she had been here on a quick 3 week whip around, around the country. I find it beyond entitled that she would charge people to advise about a place that she has been in once, and could only have scratched the surface of. For me it made me wonder where else she had barely been, yet was happy to charge and consult on peoples' travel plans.
I don't underatand why people pay her €50 a pop for information that is free on the internet. You can literally Google how to get from X to Y and there you go. I spent three years on a round the world trip and any time someone has asked me for advice/recommendations I've given them loads and said you can get the rest on Google I would never dream of asking people to pay me.

For anyone reading this you don't need to pay someone for advice on NZ, Australia, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Bali etc. these places are set up for tourists and so easy to get around. Just use Google.

@littlegreenkiwi I loved the time we spent in NZ, it was one of my happiest times travelling.

I also find it strange that her and Laura don’t appear to have met up. They are both constantly out and about in London. It’s a bit bizarre.
Laura has put memes on her stories from time to time that could be subtle shade towards Steph. For example one day she put up something like (this isn't it exactly but close) "Girls who stretch their bodies out in pictures we see you" a few days after Steph put up a heavily altered photo where it looked like she totally stretched herself out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I do wonder do her & the sister Lauradebarra get on at all..never seem to like each others pics etc🤔🤔

Reactions: 5
I think the two of them used to seem really normal, sound and authentic and now are just fake and over the top for insta pics. Maybe because they are no longer traveling it’s shown them up for who they really are? I dunno. I also remember how self-important she was when talking about digital nomads at the start of the pandemic. Basically saying how they had the right to get back traveling before anyone else 🙄 at the end of the day we are all just tourists, digital nomad or not so get down off that high horse. Ps. I can’t stand the term digital nomad it makes me shudder with the cringe
I think her and Tim are genuinely dull people. Like this thing they had - travelling, living abroad, being 'digital nomads' made them interesting and quirky and it probably made them feel special but now it's gone they have nothing to fall back on. Like they're in London one of the best cities in the world with plenty of content but she still needed to go to Italy.

Reactions: 10
I think she is very beautiful, not sure why she has had botox though as she seems so young for that. Still want to know why her and her sister are not talking, it's doing my head in 😂

Reactions: 3
I think she is very beautiful, not sure why she has had botox though as she seems so young for that. Still want to know why her and her sister are not talking, it's doing my head in 😂
I'm sure she'll have a Question box up on her insta soon enough - dare ya to ask her :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Thats the whole point of botox tho - you get it before you have deep wrinkles and it ensures you dont get any

Also i am dying to know the tea there, they definitely used mention eachother before (not often) but they did once or twice

Reactions: 7
I noticed also that it was so weird they didn't seem to be hanging out, considering both of them seem to document their whole lives on insta they defo would have posted it. I get feeling that LDB doesn't suffer fools gladly. That 'candid' vid of Steph and Tim dancing and kissing in the kitchen a few weeks back was the last straw for me :)

Reactions: 7
Have to admit I'm a big Laura fan, bought the book and enjoy her content. She's so sassy and camp. Love it. Steph is a snore.

Reactions: 12
LDB definitely does not suffer fools gladly and I think she hates any form of BS. I think she has a lot of integrity actually.

Reactions: 10
Was in school with both Laura and Stephanie. Laura has not changed a bit, she was always really witty and very talented. Designed Moulin Rouge customs which for the school show which were amazing! Stephanie was always very friendly and always very striking and had the same body shape as she does now. They are not from money just pure Cork work ethic! However, Stephanie heading away on a weekend jaunt during a global pandemic is absolutely ridiculous and not justifiable!!!

Reactions: 12
Was in school with both Laura and Stephanie. Laura has not changed a bit, she was always really witty and very talented. Designed Moulin Rouge customs which for the school show which were amazing! Stephanie was always very friendly and always very striking and had the same body shape as she does now. They are not from money just pure Cork work ethic! However, Stephanie heading away on a weekend jaunt during a global pandemic is absolutely ridiculous and not justifiable!!!
This is pure nosiness from me - what school did they go to?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.