Stephanie Lange

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will the dog be put down now?
Legally it will have to be especially as it attacked a child and severe injuries at that. Possibly because it's their own dog, they might not have to but I can't see them being comfortable keeping it in the same house as Axl now. Maybe they'll re-home it.

Reactions: 2
I don't think it's a legal requirement, this happened a friend's child it was her parents dog and nobody ever followed up about the dog and they didn't put him down.

I wonder is it the same dog who attacked the other dog?

So scary either way and seems very serious because he had to have surgery poor Axl.

Reactions: 1
Jesus the poor baby. I hope he is doing well. I wonder which dog it was? They all seem like big softies.

Not blaming rescue dogs but it goes to show you really don’t know how a dog (especially a rescue) and their temperament will go with small children. It would make me nervous of having a dog then children.

I am by no way anti dogs, I love them and always had a dog growing up but always placid pure breds so they were very reliable.

Reactions: 3
I'm a huge animal lover but can say I would never trust a dog around a child 100% no matter how lovely a dog is. You never know what kind of movements a child can make that can make a dog nervous, or it could be as simple as Axl reaching for a toy the dog was possessive over. It could even be he accidentally hurt the dog who was injured and the dog attacked in fear. It's just a terrible situation all around especially as it's clear they are a family who adore their dogs! Definitely just a freak accident!

Reactions: 8
I'm a huge animal lover but can say I would never trust a dog around a child 100% no matter how lovely a dog is. You never know what kind of movements a child can make that can make a dog nervous, or it could be as simple as Axl reaching for a toy the dog was possessive over. It could even be he accidentally hurt the dog who was injured and the dog attacked in fear. It's just a terrible situation all around especially as it's clear they are a family who adore their dogs! Definitely just a freak accident!
I think Striker (?) recently recovered from surgery, so the poor dog might still be sore. Could be the suspect. Honestly my worst nightmare 😭

I think Striker (?) recently recovered from surgery, so the poor dog might still be sore. Could be the suspect. Honestly my worst nightmare 😭
Yea it could be either dog, striker reacting to his attack or could be the one that attacked striker also.
I hope and pray Axl recovers well from this, he is such a beautiful child.

Leaving the dogs really seemed to have caused an issue some how.

She loves that little boy, I really hope the whole family are OK.

I’m so mad about this, the dog that was injured was mauled not just a little fight. The attacker should have been taken away from the house straight away as he is obviously going through something that’s made him change. He certainly would not be allowed near my young child. Which dog is the one that attacked previously? (I assume it’s the same dog for both cases) I couldn’t figure out which breed it was. It can happen, accidents happen but the dog attack was enough of a warning to keep the child safe. From the picture showed Axl looks badly hurt, now it would be time to put the dog to sleep. I know she loves him, but she could be with him at the end and know he won’t harm others or have a bad life as a dangerous dog.

Reactions: 7
As a mother this is my worst nightmare.. poor Axl.. I’m bawling and poor Stephanie my heart breaks for them.. I hope he recovers from this ok. Beautiful little boy

It’s your worst nightmare isn’t it? God love them, I really hope Axl is ok. Maybe Stephanie will use this as an opportunity to educate people on how even responsible dog owners whose animals are family can be caught in a nightmare like this….

I’m so mad about this, the dog that was injured was mauled not just a little fight. The attacker should have been taken away from the house straight away as he is obviously going through something that’s made him change. He certainly would not be allowed near my young child. Which dog is the one that attacked previously? (I assume it’s the same dog for both cases) I couldn’t figure out which breed it was. It can happen, accidents happen but the dog attack was enough of a warning to keep the child safe. From the picture showed Axl looks badly hurt, now it would be time to put the dog to sleep. I know she loves him, but she could be with him at the end and know he won’t harm others or have a bad life as a dangerous dog.
It was Rocky I believe. Striker was the one who was attacked.

The only way I can see it working is if the dog is in an adult only home - and if out in public or around children, he be muzzled. That wasn't just a bite poor Axl suffered, it's a proper mauling and who knows if the poor little mite might suffer permanent scarring on his face. I think once a dog attacks as viciously as that, you'd always be terrified it would happen again.

My blood runs cold even thinking about being in the situation and trying to figure out what the best course of action would be. I feel so sorry for them 😭

Reactions: 6
The only way I can see it working is if the dog is in an adult only home - and if out in public or around children, he be muzzled. That wasn't just a bite poor Axl suffered, it's a proper mauling and who knows if the poor little mite might suffer permanent scarring on his face. I think once a dog attacks as viciously as that, you'd always be terrified it would happen again.

My blood runs cold even thinking about being in the situation and trying to figure out what the best course of action would be. I feel so sorry for them 😭
I thought the same. Poor axl could be scarred for life. even with what we could see from the photo it looked horrendous. 😭
I hope they’re okay.

I literally could not re home the dog. I’m sorry but I think it’s time it was PTS. I couldn’t live with myself if I re homed it and it attacked again and who knows what the consequences could be the next time.

The stories are now deleted. She kept the dogs locked up most of the time and has said for a long time the dogs don’t really get on but yet she kept them in the same house with a child. After the dog attacked the other she should have been extra careful with her child around that dog. I know it’s hard to keep an eye on the child all the time but surely she should have considered rehoming that dog then. A child around old doggies isn’t ok for doggies or child. The child can easily hurt a dog and older doggies have no patience for kids. She loves animals but she definitely needs to rehome.