Stefanie Preissner - False Facts but don’t correct me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For someone so high & mighty she’s still just a basic ass instahun at the end of the day. The Louis V casually in her news talk photo. That’s influencer rule number 1 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I listen to her and the hubby on Miriam o callaghan. I don't know her or her story (but recognised the name). Her story was well told. But it was odd because she was saying I wish people talked about miscarriage when they were in if and not when they are sitting with their baby. Which is exactly what she was doing.
I found it so sad that they went through so much with 5 miscarriage and yet are still not happy in themselves with their new baby. And to read here that they won't have another because it was all so hard leaving the new baby as an only child. There is a whiff of selfishness about it all.

Reactions: 7
I listen to her and the hubby on Miriam o callaghan. I don't know her or her story (but recognised the name). Her story was well told. But it was odd because she was saying I wish people talked about miscarriage when they were in if and not when they are sitting with their baby. Which is exactly what she was doing.
I found it so sad that they went through so much with 5 miscarriage and yet are still not happy in themselves with their new baby. And to read here that they won't have another because it was all so hard leaving the new baby as an only child. There is a whiff of selfishness about it all.
I agree with the first bit above, but the last 2 sentences i dont agree with

Reactions: 8
I agree with the first bit above, but the last 2 sentences i dont agree with
I am still processing what I listened to so it is possible those 2 sentence from me were way off the mark. I'm not a mom and likely never will be either So may never get to experience or understand what it is all like.

I am still processing what I listened to so it is possible those 2 sentence from me were way off the mark. I'm not a mom and likely never will be either So may never get to experience or understand what it is all like.
A person's choice not to have multiple children should never be deemed selfish.

Reactions: 14
Selfish for not having another child? Seriously 🤦‍♀️ It is personal choice. Not everyone can or wants 2 children. There is a whiff of selfishness off you for wanting people to do what “ you” think is correct.
I find it extremely sad that she tried so hard for Rori and is still unhappy and finds it so hard. She can’t even be alone with her baby. 😳. And don’t come at me about how hard babies are. I know they are but usually the good times outweigh the bad and it does pass.

Selfish for not having another child? Seriously 🤦‍♀️ It is personal choice. Not everyone can or wants 2 children. There is a whiff of selfishness off you for wanting people to do what “ you” think is correct.
I find it extremely sad that she tried so hard for Rori and is still unhappy and finds it so hard. She can’t even be alone with her baby. 😳. And don’t come at me about how hard babies are. I know they are but usually the good times outweigh the bad and it does pass.
I don't think she's unhappy with the child per se, I think she finds motherhood extremely challenging, particularly having spent so long focusing on conceiving. It must be a really weird situation and difficult to have those feelings

Reactions: 1
Haven't been following her closely, but with her neurodiversity and some of the comments, would have to worry about postnatal depression etc. Don't particularly like her, but I also think there's a pressure on women to be GRATEFUL and HAPPY about their baby and the reality often seems more crushing and terrifying. Don't have any of my own, but more than a few friends and acquaintances have admitted to the first few months being completely different to their expectations, and being basically miserable. It passed, but with all the problems she had getting pregnant and staying that way in the first place, can absolutely imagine saying one and done. She may change her mind, or not. It's fine to have no children, one child, more than one. Being a woman can be hard enough without being judged for every single thing you do or say as a mother too.

Reactions: 3
I could be wrong but I thought she said that the problem that caused all the miscarriages is not resolved and that’s why she likely won’t have another as may have a similar journey again (more miscarriages) and can’t face that. Who could blame her, as someone who has had multiple miscarriages myself can see how she would feel like that.

• Heart
She's an absolute dose. Having said that if she doesn't want anymore children then that's her prerogative. I've had 17 miscarriages in my lifetime. I have one child. Not a hope in hell I would try again after I eventually had my baby

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Has she just made up the term inclusively breastfeeding? Not one I’ve heard before 🤔

Reactions: 2
I've never seen someone make everything so hard. If you weren't depressed before you would be after an hr with her.

Has she just made up the term inclusively breastfeeding? Not one I’ve heard before 🤔
Its a real term but I think shes used it out of context? Its just a way of using inclusive language around BF, so human milk instead of Breast milk, milk pump instead of breast pump

Shes used it instead of combined feeding I think?

Its a real term but I think shes used it out of context? Its just a way of using inclusive language around BF, so human milk instead of Breast milk, milk pump instead of breast pump

Shes used it instead of combined feeding I think?
Yes she’s combined feeding

Disappointing that such a strong advocate for private maternity care becomes an ambassador for the National Maternity Hospital - when prob less than 10% of woman nation wide can access the private health system due to the cost.

Reactions: 4
Disappointing that such a strong advocate for private maternity care becomes an ambassador for the National Maternity Hospital - when prob less than 10% of woman nation wide can access the private health system due to the cost.

Will that ambassadorship be a paid role? I hope not. I cannot understand how anyone can use their experience of infertility and loss for personal profit

No idea if it’s paid I would presume not. But ultimately will direct traffic to the social media channels and have a knock on effect that way.
Surely there are a lot more “famous” woman in Dublin that have had their babies there to generate money for this charity.

All well and good for her to be yay holles st when she didn’t have to deal with the famine era public wards. And she’s still doubling down on the private maternity care. She drives me mad

I'm so confused what the private maternity care comments on this thread mean?

I'm so confused what the private maternity care comments on this thread mean?
There are new rules coming in that consultants cannot use public hospitals for their private clinic, they can only use private hospitals. There are no private maternity hospitals which means private maternity care will cease when these rules come in. Stefanie is priviliged to be able to afford private care and has been up in arms about it and how its a disgrace to take the option away from women

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.