Stacey solomon #20 Doing a live but full of regrets as the kids spill all her secrets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Although it’s annoyed me that she’s got a sausage, because I’ve got one, and they are so increasingly popular, the price of them now are just crazy!! I do have to say with her three young children, adopting a dog would be dangerous. I wouldn’t personally and that’s why I bought a dog. My long haired sausage LOVES kids and babies so much! He just wants to lick them and sit on them, I’ve never known a more loving dog. His only fault is that he barks at big dogs. So unfortunately I’ll have to agree she’s not worthy of any rattling over this, apart from the fact, she’s made out she’s adopted it? Buying it off someone who’s just bought the puppy, is the exact same thing as buying it!? It’s not adopting it!
Dogs from rescue centres are just as loving as dogs that people buy. I've only ever had rescue dogs, I've grown up with them. I don't understand why people have such Ill informed ideas about rescue dogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Such a lie to make out that dog is a rescue. It’s a pedigree puppy/designer breed. She’s basically just took it from someone who got it from a breeder and changed their mind. That’s not rescuing

Reactions: 24
Looking at that advert it actually sounds like it’s the breeder advertising. ‘His family can not have him so we’re looking for a new owner’ people give backword so it just sounds like they changed their mind or something came up meaning it wasn’t possible. I don’t think it particularly unusual and it’s not a ‘rescue’ - just still got sake!!

Reactions: 7
Looking at that advert it actually sounds like it’s the breeder advertising. ‘His family can not have him so we’re looking for a new owner’ people give backword so it just sounds like they changed their mind or something came up meaning it wasn’t possible. I don’t think it particularly unusual and it’s not a ‘rescue’ - just still got sake!!
Why can’t she just say she got it from a breeder? I don’t have a particular opinion about breeders if they are reputable, registered etc but to lie and say it’s a rescue to make herself look better is just a bit sick really

Reactions: 9
I generally don’t mind Stacey but not a fan of her grid picture with Rex holding the dog like that, she can get a decent picture of the puppy and not have to let her children hold it inappropriately just for the likes
This is what I was thinking.. I understand he’s a toddler and excited but if she had done ‘tons of research’ she would know that sausage dogs have extremely fragile backs and have to be handled a certain way.

Reactions: 6
Dogs from rescue centres are just as loving as dogs that people buy. I've only ever had rescue dogs, I've grown up with them. I don't understand why people have such Ill informed ideas about rescue dogs.
I don’t think it’s that, but if you’ve got kids you’ve got to be extra careful with any animal you bring into the home. You don’t know the history of a rescue dog and it can take a while for things to surface. Whereas if you’ve had the dog from a puppy you have a background to their personality. I think it’s great that people rescue, I would love to one day but would I put an unknown adult dog around my toddler? No I wouldn’t, it’s just not worth the risk.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think it’s that, but if you’ve got kids you’ve got to be extra careful with any animal you bring into the home. You don’t know the history of a rescue dog and it can take a while for things to surface. Whereas if you’ve had the dog from a puppy you have a background to their personality. I think it’s great that people rescue, I would love to one day but would I put an unknown adult dog around my toddler? No I wouldn’t, it’s just not worth the risk.
Then you wait until your children are older, if that's how you think. I'm waiting until mine are older, as rescues won't give dogs to those with young children. I couldn't be a hypocrite and buy a dog, but that's my personal beliefs. Also, rescue centres don't re-home dogs that can't be re-homed and they have strict conditions on what households they can go too. I still don't understand why people are Ill informed on rescue dogs.

Reactions: 4
Then you wait until your children are older, if that's how you think. I'm waiting until mine are older, as rescues won't give dogs to those with young children. I couldn't be a hypocrite and buy a dog, but that's my personal beliefs. Also, rescue centres don't re-home dogs that can't be re-homed and they have strict conditions on what households they can go too. I still don't understand why people are Ill informed on rescue dogs.
I don’t think it’s hypocritical to buy a puppy. You can be a dog lover and do both 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also don’t agree rescue centres are always that thorough. And they can only deal with what they see of the dog. I know people who have rescued dogs from registered rescue centres without home checks or much questioning.

I don’t think people are ill informed by being cautious. People are entitled to make judgements on their own circumstances.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think it’s hypocritical to buy a puppy. You can be a dog lover and do both 🤷🏻‍♀️

I also don’t agree rescue centres are always that thorough. And they can only deal with what they see of the dog. I know people who have rescued dogs from registered rescue centres without home checks or much questioning.

I don’t think people are ill informed by being cautious. People are entitled to make judgements on their own circumstances.
Well that's what you believe and I believe differently and we aren't going to agree. I personally think I would be a hypocrite if I bought a dog as it goes against my beliefs.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you. I completely agree with this. A puppy like that would definitely not be free! And looking for a home on Instagram! C’mon! We were searching for dogs through rescues and no one wanted to give us one because we had a small child! I’ve been bought up with dogs my whole life same as my husband! Luckily we knew a vet who knew an older lady who wanted to rehome a dog and we got her instead.
rescues are hard to get dogs from and dogs like sausage dogs aren’t in rescue centres and certainly wouldn’t be free!
I rescued a dog last year during lock down, and I have 2 small children. We did have to send loads of pictures of our garden etc to the rescue tho so I guess it just depends where you are!

I should add, even when things return to "normal" there will generally always be someone here during the day, and she (the dog!) is a pain in the arse but we love her all the same 😂

Reactions: 2
Just want to pop in and say that I really really hope that she actually has done her research.

One of my friends has a sausage who's now six and they've had him since he was a puppy. My friend gets really annoyed when people treat sausage dogs as a cute accessory and don't consider the difficulties that the breed can have. I know his dog was diagnosed with graded 2-3 ivdd in 2019, he relapsed last year and ended up having to have ten discs out. Thankfully he's doing okay, but my friend always pays a decent amount of pet insurance in and that surgery still cost a fair bit on top of it.

Reactions: 5
It depends what area you’re in, where I live there’s only 1 rescue centre near us and that’s an hour and abit drive, and it’s always filled with Staffies. (Which personally I wouldn’t want) my husbands mum got a little terrier rescue, thats was a 6months old puppy and it’s extremely temperamental still now at 8, when it’s had most of its life in a loving home! I wouldn’t trust it alone near my children.
When I watch tv shows like Paul Ogrady, and the rehoming In London/ bigger cities. Then the options seem much wider and they all seem lovely dogs. But when you’ve got small children and a growing family, I don’t think risking it with a dog that might snap is worth the risk at all. We had two labradors growing up, both rescued who were as soft as they come! But my lifestyle wouldn’t suit having a big dog. So I don’t see why some people get so cross that people choose to buy certain breeds of dogs etc.

I never normally comment on this thread but why does everyone think they’re suddenly experts on dogs🙄does it really matter if the dog was rescued or bought as long as it’s cared for properly? What I gathered from her post is that someone had the dog and couldn’t care for it properly so rehomed it. As for being able to look after it, she’s had Theo for ten years and chihuahuas are notoriously difficult dogs I have one myself but it’s all in how they’re looked after, trained etc. From what I can see Theo seems very placid and good with the children so who’s to say that this dog won’t be the same? As for saying when things go back to normal it won’t be looked after as they will be at work won’t everyone? So anyone here with a dog do you just give up work to be around it 24hours a day? No you walk it before and after work.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Genuine question are you allowed to sell dogs on Instagram ? ?
No reputable breeder would. People like that come under the word 'greeder'. They're greedy breeders and more more interested in making money from the mum. More money they make, the more times they force the mum into having a litter. It's disgusting plain and simple

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.