Squirmy & Grubs #6 Hannah’s vain, Shane’s a pain, their biggest fan is Jamaican Rain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He looks ill. Like seriously unwell, not just a bit under the weather. Run down and exhausted type ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The most graphic description I can recall is Shane saying their “intimacy” (the word they use for sex bc apparently saying sex violates their privacy)
No it violates YouTube's "suitable for children" rules. So they can speak to an audience they know is comprised of about 50% children and give wildly unsuitable details about their sex lives as long as they don't use anatomically correct terms for it.

Great, huh? Not at all a hide for creepers is it?

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Anyone live local to them that could contact the police about her driving - if she's having to either hold his head with one or constantly check to make sure his head hasn't fallen over - then she is driving distracted and she could end up killing him or worse - some innocent person
In short, ain't happenin'.

The tl;dr version:

The police would have to observe Hannah driving and pull her over for an unrelated issue like speeding, running a stop sign, exhibiting significant road rage that's endangering other drivers (my money's on that one), or something as simple as a burned out taillight. And in MN, she could be pulled over for anyone in the vehicle not being properly restrained.

During a traffic stop an officer would have to question them if/how Shane is strapped in. Or, heaven forbid, they respond to the scene of an accident and have to pull what's left of Shane (or both of them) from the wreckage. That fall off the icy ramp when Shane said he saw his life flash before his eyes is nothing compared to the damage a MVA could do. Flip that big SUV just once, and it would be a miracle if he survived. If his neck didn't snap first, and the vehicle landed upside down, the roof could be compromised enough for his 400-pound wheelchair to crush him which, ironically, is the reason commercial airlines claim they do not allow wheelchair users to remain in their wheelchairs in the cabin.

You would have thought his parents would have insisted upon proper restraints when they were still providing his care, but I remember in one of the early videos seeing his mother reach over and prop his head back up. The laws vary from U.S. state to U.S. state, but PA laws are similar to MN's.

Most states place responsibility on the DRIVER for all passengers being properly belted in. So what that means is I don't care if my front-seat passenger (or a minor in the back in my state) doesn't want to buckle up. I'm not going to risk getting a traffic ticket because YOU don't like wearing a seatbelt.

Shane had one of those foam neck braces in an early video but said he hated wearing it. Same as with his wrist splints (and perhaps other sorts of splints that might have helped him have more mobility and less deformity today) had his parents, and once he became an adult, Shane, had the discipline to use such aids. When he was a minor they could have insisted he wear the splints prescribed. What was he going to do? Tear them off?

Other than providing minimal support, such as keeping his head from falling over when they hit a pothole or speed bump or turn a corner (seems it would be more comfortable), that foam neck brace isn't going to provide nearly the level of support a rigid neck brace or toddler seat would. Even his "airplane seat" strapped into the back seat wouldn't keep his head from falling forward, but it looks safer than him sitting up front, his head sitting precariously atop his neck like Colorado Springs' "Balanced Rock."

Balanced Rock CO.jpg

It still seems like he needs a system to keep his neck completely stable in all directions. I can see why he'd probably hate it, but it could mean the difference between life and death in a just minor accident.

The police aren't going to knock on their door and say, "Mr. Burcaw, we've received information regarding your well-being which necessitates we check the safety equipment required for you to ride in a passenger vehicle," any more than if you report your neighbors who regularly let their unrestrained toddlers climb all over the inside of their moving car... ain't gonna happen. The police would have to witness the vehicle moving and see the kids bouncing around inside. I suppose a police officer could pull up beside S&G at a traffic light, look over, and think Shane is a small child who should be riding in a proper seat in the back and pull them over for that, but that's a long shot. He may have gotten a medical exception (from a not-very-bright doctor IMO), so that would be the end of it. They have to have a reason to stop someone besides the word of someone, however well-meaning the person is.

As others have noted and Hannah's frequent distracted driving shows, his wheelchair straps don't do anything to stabilize his neck. Even a sudden stop or low-speed impact could snap his neck in half like a twig. At the very minimum it would seem if he's going to ride in his chair up front that there needs to be a rigid neck brace (something much sturdier than his horseshoe pillow) and some sort of strap(s) to secure his forehead to his headrest... assuming the headrest on his wheelchair could withstand the force the headrest of the OEM seatback could. It looks pretty flimsy.

I think others have mentioned the risk of someone of his size being hit with an airbag. Even very short adults are at risk of serious injury from a deployed airbag.

Since he's the height of a toddler with even less muscle than a toddler, it stands to reason that, based upon his height and size that he should be strapped into at a minimum a toddler seat, depending on the local and MN state laws.

I'm not an M.D., but I do have an biomedical engineering degree, so I have had some experience in designing medical equipment. Also, a very good understanding of physics! It's horrifying to consider all the physics involved in all the scenarios previously discussed. I don't know who began this particular topic, but thank you. I hadn't really considered just how dangerous it seems for Shane to ride in a motor vehicle sitting in his wheelchair. I rarely read the comments on their videos, but has anyone seen someone ask them about this subject?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It gives me the fear when I see him in the front of the car with his head wobbling all over the place 🥴

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
He looks ill. Like seriously unwell, not just a bit under the weather. Run down and exhausted type ill.
I agree. And as much as I don't like the direction he has taken his channel, it is sad to see how much weaker he looks and how much muscle mass he has lost in his arms and neck. Even his face looks gaunt in a way it hasn't before.

What angers me is the deception of it all: Using filters, their "nothing wrong here" affect and their showing off their pointless mansion to viewers as pretty background scenery to avoid the real issues. How is this disability advocacy?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree. And as much as I don't like the direction he has taken his channel, it is sad to see how much weaker he looks and how much muscle mass he has lost in his arms and neck. Even his face looks gaunt in a way it hasn't before.

What angers me is the deception of it all: Using filters, their "nothing wrong here" affect and their showing off their pointless mansion to viewers as pretty background scenery to avoid the real issues. How is this disability advocacy?
It’s a bit of a kick in the teeth and rub it in people who have a disabilities face they aren’t showing real issues for disabled people majority of people don’t have a bleeping mansion yet they are showing it off all the time and his half naked “wife” he’s just showing off to make his fragile ego better he’s constantly on the beg asking for more and more money squeezing out every last penny of their disabled and abled bodied fans screaming poverty when they have a nice new mansion where as most of their fans ste on the bread line living off benefits and minimum wages they are both disgusting one thing I can stand is people who scream poverty and constantly on the beg or you tubers or ticktockers who have Amazon wish lists it’s greedy and disgusting and I unfollow them simple as

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A few weeks ago someone posted a screenshot of Shane's snotty reply to someone in which he claimed his non-profit supplies "hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical/adaptive equipment to disabled people each year." In April 2020 I reviewed the 990s for LAMN for 2015-2018 here:

2019's 990s had posted by May 1, 2021, so I condensed the previous info and posted it along with Shane's comment. To review, let's look at the summary of the past 5 years' worth of 990s that were currently available (as of May 2021). I think it's easier to compare and digest it in spreadsheet form rather than a wall of text like this one from 2 months ago.

And now the 2020 990s are available. I wondered how they were going to treat the $100 "pandemic" gift cards. They did make the distinction (and claim to have distributed 869 cards). S&G seem to really like Target. Did you know if you have a Target RedCard you can get 5% back from purchasing Target gift cards? Their website claims they offer "bulk discounts" for "corporate" orders of large quantities of cards. Apparently you can stack that with other discounts like Honey. I'm NOT accusing them of anything hinky or illegal. Just saying it's possible to play the system.

I'd not paid any attention to the 990T forms until now. Those are where they report any taxable income from "merch" sales and, IDK, direct book sales maybe? I have no idea if these forms reflect the income they receive through their annual 5K run. If this is really all they made in this arm of LAMN, they're losing money PLUS Cousin Sarah is collecting a few more thousand $$$ a year just for this part of the business (IMO it's all a business). Hopefully this spreadsheet will be legible when you zoom in. (If it's not and anyone's interested I can try it a different way. There's little data for 2015 because Guidestar only posts the most recent 3 or 4 990s, and 2015's had dropped off the list by the time I began this little project last year.

I saw several things of interest, and you may very well find others. Their net assets almost doubled between 2019 and 2020 and now stand at over $357K. Shane and Sarah reward themselves with annual COLAs (must be nice).

LAMN Spreadsheet.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
39010ADE-588D-411C-B25C-8D1DBE6A494E.png

Lol round 2

The most graphic description I can recall is Shane saying their “intimacy” (the word they use for sex bc apparently saying sex violates their privacy) “looks like two spiders.” But keep in mind, Hannah really can’t bear any weight on him and his legs don’t bend below 45 degrees, plus his stomach appears to be at least a little distended. So, let your imagination run wild. 🙃 When there’s a will there’s a way, sure, but it does seem that penetration is unlikely. Not to mention that Hannah can hardly get lost in the throes of passion with the true risks of someone as delicate as Shane.
Two shrivelled spiders?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Why do they think they need to have a huge wedding other than to keep up with the Joneses?

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Has anyone read the "purpose statement" (?) on the LAMN tax forms? If not, here it is.

"Laughing at My Nightmare is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit teaching children that all people deserve kindness and respect, regardless of their differences, while providing equipment grants to those living with muscular dystrophy.

"No More Nightmares: The purpose of this program is to provide resources in the form of equipment grants to people living with muscular dystrophy. These grants aim to increase the independence, comfort, and productivity of each recipient. In 2020, the organization supplied 38 equipment grants totaling $55,048.

"The COVID-19 Resource Relief (CRR) Program provides financial assistance to individuals living with any disability, diagnosis, or chronic illness to help alleviate the burden of the coronavirus-related quarantines and social distancing practices. This virus has created a variety of brand new struggles in daily life, many of which are tied to the financial impact of widespread quarantine.

"One community being hit harder by these new challenges is Positivity Outreach: In 2020, Laughing at My Nightmare worked to spread positivity through our virtual speaking program. This program teaches children vital lessons about disability awareness and to treat all people with kindness and respect, regardless of their differences. The organization also works to spread positivity through online content and through the sale of Shane Burcaw's books."

What a crock! I HATE "touchy-feely" anything already, and I hate it even more when it's wrapped in unicorn paper, tied with rainbow ribbon and sparkles, and I see a school paying good money for these two clowns (S&G) to "spread positivity." If it's a public school the taxpayers are paying their honoraria... shoot, they haven't even had to travel to the schools for over a year thanks to C19. No wonder LAMN's assets have almost doubled in the past year... they rarely have to leave the house or buy gas! They can stay at home, have Shane's beer and shakes delivered, and Hannah can toss together overpriced Hello Fresh meals while Shane sings the helping song.

But seriously, isn't "teaching children that all people deserve kindness and respect, regardless of their differences" something parents and teachers should already be doing? I don't even remember parents OR teachers addressing this in school. To me it just comes naturally to treat someone who's "different" with respect.

And is it even true? If some bully had dangled young Shane over a toilet and given him a "swirly" would that bully have really deserved kindness OR respect? Or is the type of "kindness and respect" Shane speaks so ineloquently of as he wrote in LAMN about how disgusting some special needs students were when they dared make Shane, who's just "a normal guy in a wheelchair," ride the same bus with these offensive creatures? Or the way he described the other kids at summer camp being sooo uncivilized because they didn't all wear shoes? At least I bet when they DID wear shoes they weren't 5 sizes too big for their feet.

Someone posted this review of the book, LAMN. It was written by a young woman named Kathleen Downes who happens to use a wheelchair herself, and she nailed it. S&G are two of the biggest bullies (and con artists) I've ever seen. She blew this whole "Positivity Outreach" that SJW Hanna-with-an-H and the studly Shane, who we're supposed to believe is hung like a horse because he obviously never matured past the age of 13 and it's such a frequent topic of HIS conversation... Ms. Downes knocked it out of the park!

Why do they think they need to have a huge wedding other than to keep up with the Joneses?
Just think of all that "Super Chat" money when they livestream it! Maybe they can do multiple livestreams to maximize the time of day or evening more people around the world can watch... one for the European folks, another for North America, and yet another for Australia. Just rent a cheap venue for the day (maybe an outdoor affair on the family's new compound... that would be free), go back inside and throw back a few cold ones in between showtimes (because it's hot in MN in August). By the time the 3rd show streams, maybe we'll get to see just how well Shane can hold his beer. And how many guests end up being tossed into the pool. Unlike 95% of their YT videos, this one might really have potential.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
What a crock! I HATE "touchy-feely" anything already, and I hate it even more when it's wrapped in unicorn paper, tied with rainbow ribbon and sparkles, and I see a school paying good money for these two clowns (S&G) to "spread positivity." If it's a public school the taxpayers are paying their honoraria... shoot, they haven't even had to travel to the schools for over a year thanks to C19. No wonder LAMN's assets have almost doubled in the past year... they rarely have to leave the house or buy gas! They can stay at home, have Shane's beer and shakes delivered, and Hannah can toss together overpriced Hello Fresh meals while Shane sings the helping song.

But seriously, isn't "teaching children that all people deserve kindness and respect, regardless of their differences" something parents and teachers should already be doing? I don't even remember parents OR teachers addressing this in school. To me it just comes naturally to treat someone who's "different" with respect.
Excellent points, Fred Flintstone! And thank you very much for your detailed tax information/analysis of S and G- really approachable formatting, especially with the spread sheet and writing certain words in bold. I wouldn't be surprised if S and G were finding loopholes with Target gift cards for their charity programs- they're shameless. I also think that S and G are ridiculous and hypocritical to do these sickly sweet, feel good speeches to schools when they're both really vile and rude to anyone who questions them and judgmental of other disabled people.

In general, I think that inspirational speakers are one trick pony narcissists that love hearing their own voices and are pretty ineffective in making significant changes in peoples lives through the healing powers of their bogus speeches. I remember in middle school, we had an inspirational speaker come in and talk about bullying, and an hour later classmates called me a "pizza face" for having childhood acne 😏- so much for the presenter talking about how we should all love one another! You know what would inspire me? If Shane's livelihood wasn't based on exploiting and talking about his disability nonstop: if he was a news anchor or a software engineer- something that he'd have to learn to excel at without making it all about him. We've heard both of them speak over the years: they're inarticulate. below average in intelligence, and not witty or entertaining in the slightest- the fact that schools pay probably hundreds to hear them is truly disheartening. Children are our future, and they'd benefit a lot more with proper physical education and updated textbook funding for public schools to start with than listening to these unfortunate looking ass 🤡clown dullards on stage.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Excellent points, Fred Flintstone! And thank you very much for your detailed tax information/analysis of S and G- really approachable formatting, especially with the spread sheet and writing certain words in bold. I wouldn't be surprised if S and G were finding loopholes with Target gift cards for their charity programs- they're shameless. I also think that S and G are ridiculous and hypocritical to do these sickly sweet, feel good speeches to schools when they're both really vile and rude to anyone who questions them and judgmental of other disabled people.

In general, I think that inspirational speakers are one trick pony narcissists that love hearing their own voices and are pretty ineffective in making significant changes in peoples lives through the healing powers of their bogus speeches. I remember in middle school, we had an inspirational speaker come in and talk about bullying, and an hour later classmates called me a "pizza face" for having childhood acne 😏- so much for the presenter talking about how we should all love one another! You know what would inspire me? If Shane's livelihood wasn't based on exploiting and talking about his disability nonstop: if he was a news anchor or a software engineer- something that he'd have to learn to excel at without making it all about him. We've heard both of them speak over the years: they're inarticulate. below average in intelligence, and not witty or entertaining in the slightest- the fact that schools pay probably hundreds to hear them is truly disheartening. Children are our future, and they'd benefit a lot more with proper physical education and updated textbook funding for public schools to start with than listening to these unfortunate looking ass 🤡clown dullards on stage.
Thank you, @SmallWonder! I'm glad the spreadsheet was viewable. I think it's much more concise and useful for comparing the financials of LAMN by year than trying to add a new section to what was already a much too long post. You made some great points, too. I especially like the bolded one. For several months I've occasionally followed the video channel of a guy I found to be likable who presented what I thought was mostly credible information. But over the past couple of months he's changed. His stories have gone from sounding reasonable to "you have GOT to be kidding me"! He attracted the attention of several like-minded "big names," and gained a lot of subscribers, the majority just like S&G's adoring fans who constantly remind him how wonderful he is. He's become completely insufferable! Turns out he's made a lot of money over the years in a MLM company (similar to Amway) "recruiting" his "expansive downline" (which has been accompanied by his ever-expanding waistline and head!), and in a sales pitch during many of his recent shows, a pitch he must have channeled via his inner Jim Bakker (since JB has been into "survival" stuff) and tried to convince people they need expensive "satellite phones" for the coming apocalypse, and he just happens to have a big stake in the company that sells these things. And... LOL... he advertises himself as... a "motivational speaker"! I've worked for narcissists a couple of times and encountered them in all walks of life, and they really do all have similar characteristics.

Anything that doesn't go their way is always somebody else's fault. How many times have we heard Hannah gripe about "accessibility issues" and how it's always someone else's fault... the airlines, restaurants, stores, the dentist? This is an excellent list of 20 characteristics that mean you're likely dealing with a narcissist. Related to that is they are skilled gaslighters. As I went down the list, for every single point, an example of Shane and/or Hannah would immediately pop into my head. The author described them both to a tee!

• Heart
Thank you, @SmallWonder! I'm glad the spreadsheet was viewable. I think it's much more concise and useful for comparing the financials of LAMN by year than trying to add a new section to what was already a much too long post. You made some great points, too. I especially like the bolded one. For several months I've occasionally followed the video channel of a guy I found to be likable who presented what I thought was mostly credible information. But over the past couple of months he's changed. His stories have gone from sounding reasonable to "you have GOT to be kidding me"! He attracted the attention of several like-minded "big names," and gained a lot of subscribers, the majority just like S&G's adoring fans who constantly remind him how wonderful he is. He's become completely insufferable! Turns out he's made a lot of money over the years in a MLM company (similar to Amway) "recruiting" his "expansive downline" (which has been accompanied by his ever-expanding waistline and head!), and in a sales pitch during many of his recent shows, a pitch he must have channeled via his inner Jim Bakker (since JB has been into "survival" stuff) and tried to convince people they need expensive "satellite phones" for the coming apocalypse, and he just happens to have a big stake in the company that sells these things. And... LOL... he advertises himself as... a "motivational speaker"! I've worked for narcissists a couple of times and encountered them in all walks of life, and they really do all have similar characteristics.

Anything that doesn't go their way is always somebody else's fault. How many times have we heard Hannah gripe about "accessibility issues" and how it's always someone else's fault... the airlines, restaurants, stores, the dentist? This is an excellent list of 20 characteristics that mean you're likely dealing with a narcissist. Related to that is they are skilled gaslighters. As I went down the list, for every single point, an example of Shane and/or Hannah would immediately pop into my head. The author described them both to a tee!

They fit pretty much everything on that list wow!!

Reactions: 7

Thank you, Fred Flintstone! I've noticed that money and sudden fame, no matter how small can really bring out the worst in people. I firmly believe that MLM's are cults and they pray upon the most impressionable/hopeful people. I laughed at the concept of "satellite phones" that the Youtuber you're talking about tried to sell because don't all phones use satellites? It's such a preposterous and laughable sounding MLM business venture, but to quote The Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come." John Oliver did an episode on MLM's on Youtube- I found it by typing John Oliver MLM into the search bar- its worth a watch.

Narcissists are terrible to meet whether it's through work or romance, I honestly wish that there could be an online registry for them like with sex offenders. S and G are both textbook narcissists: the Youtube channel about their mundane lives, the massive mansion, body shots of Hannah in skimpy bikinis, refusal to be questioned, charity drives that go mostly to themselves, and branded merchandise promoting themselves- and the list goes on. I hope that S and G's scamming ways are found out by the world someday and that a made for TV movie could be made about them: I'd kill to see Edward Furlong in a stringy blonde wig play Hannah!

• Haha
Is it possible they only use their charity organization as a tax write off? So it wouldnt matter if it was profitable or not if they could still be saving tons of money by not paying taxes

You all are dead on about them being narcissists. Also, I read an interesting article about “Duper’s delight”. It’s the inexplicable laughter that narcissistic people express. It fits Hannah perfectly.

On another note: check out this observant commenter. This is Hannah’s view of Shane one second before she says “There you are!”I knew they concocted that target story. Their actual lives are so boring that they make up fake tit to film.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Is it possible they only use their charity organization as a tax write off? So it wouldnt matter if it was profitable or not if they could still be saving tons of money by not paying taxes
I'm no tax accountant, but it kind of looks like some of Sarah's salary is sheltered in those 990Ts.

sorry mid conversation guys, but Hannah blocked me on Instagram, I was not following her, I absolutely never messaged her, I never commented on any of her posts or stories, I only watched her stories along time ago, the only thing I ever did was like a very polite comment addressed at Hannah about her hostility towards her perceived able ism , seems like Overreaction, I don’t even know if she saw the comment, my Instagram handle is not the same as the one here either, WTF?! Like she has time to block absolutely everyone and anyone who she thinks remotely is against her Wtf looks a bit crazy to me

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14