Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Saw this on FB earlier but the page was public so didn’t want to comment on it but Gong Yoo could smack my ass like a drum 😛

CAF7FDB3-CD26-417E-9ED0-24A550F1150A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Lilu22

VIP Member
I wasn’t really paying attention when I put this on, I just saw Korean game show and thought it’d be like Takeshi’s Castle… Imagine my shock when they starting beating each other up and getting murdered!🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I wasn’t really paying attention when I put this on, I just saw Korean game show and thought it’d be like Takeshi’s Castle… Imagine my shock when they starting beating each other up and getting murdered!🤣🤣
When a girl at work recommended it she said ‘have you seen Takeshi’s castle?’ I said yeah and she goes ‘it’s like that…and Saw’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Also sorry but I hated his hair at the end. Just seemed silly and added nothing (unless I’m missing something)

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
how are they forgetting what happened on the bridge? Mais decison is completely understandable
I'm so frustrated that no one is holding Ashley accountable!! And then mai confronts her and Ashley gaslights her into thinking she was a teamplayer 🥲

Reactions: 16

Hairraiser

VIP Member
Anyone else watching??
no.3 on Netflix at the moment

I really thought I’d struggle with the fact it isn’t a English series but I seem to manage so far & I’m loving it!!!
gruesome but so so clever

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Finished Squid game tonight and loved it! I definitely think I have acquired some new nightmares though 🥴🤣.

The guy who gave Gi-Hun the card in the subway at the beginning might be the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen in my life.

Edit - Googled and the actor is Gong Yoo

• Heart
Reactions: 15

kev1974

VIP Member
1635028257745.png

There is a "window wonderland" event in my city this weekend where people decorate their windows and people wander around and check out all the art on display.

I liked this one! Great work by whoever lives there :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 15

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
Squid Game is the only TV program i have watched in a long time that has captivated me all the way through. i didnt feel bored or like skipping any parts or reading up spoilers! definitely recommend, enjoyed all the characters equally and found myself holding my breath during all of the games. amazing

Reactions: 14

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
how boring of an episode!!!! To leave the final down to chance was so stupid. It should have been a skill based challenge

Reactions: 13

CaptainChaos

Yes and then one of the red guys explains to the doctor that the special game was planned/pushed by not giving the players enough food. Which is clearly not right
but they were only given an egg and water bottle of water each anyway, nowhere near enough food even if everybody had some

Reactions: 12

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just finished it.
I really thought there was going to be an "Oberyn Martell" moment in the final squid game, and Sang Woo-was going to grab that knife, kill Gi-Hun and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Last episode was the weakest.

Not sure about the Gerard Way "Danger Days" hairdo at the end.

Always remember: if you never actually see them die on screen, they're probably not dead (the old man). Interesting that he also had the casting vote for them all to leave, and was the one who convinced Gi-Hun to go back in. Did he go and visit the other 454 as well?

I was interested to know how the cop's brother went from competitor to winner to games master, but I don't think it should be stretched to another series. When the cop visited his flat, I got the impression that he had only been missing a few days/weeks?

Also, Gi-Hun promised to look after the Sae-Byeok's brother, but dossed around for a year before showing up at the orphanage? 😂

Mark81

VIP Member
how are they forgetting what happened on the bridge? Mais decison is completely understandable

• Heart

CaptainChaos

Loved it overall but the twists were very weak and a few things didn't make sense.
  • [*]Someone already pointed out the food issue

[*]The Front Man twist was predictable and served no purpose. The cop's brother had been missing for days? The Front Man indicated he'd done Squid Games in the past, so obv. he would be gone for days if not weeks at a time, so why is it now an issue to be solved? Plus his flat back in the city looked like student digs - I got the impression the missing brother was younger. Didn't cop find brother's file in the private room and he was supposedly one of the contestants (#130 or so)? Did the briefly seen photo even look like him? It looked like a kid. I thought the guy that was trying to partner with Gi-hun for the marble challenge would turn out to be the brother.

[*]The old guy twist was really dumb, again served no purpose. Didn't make sense because it was after the marble challenge where he was eliminated that the VIPs arrived. Old guy told the Front Man to apologise to the VIPs that he won't see them because "it's more fun to play than watch" - but he was already out of the game by then?? If I'm missing something please let me know.
the front man storyline is the only one that has me confused. I’m waiting For a day off to binge watch again for any details I missed but just going off of one viewing, this is what I think:
Front man was shown to be a previous winner (I think his archived file said 2015) so where were his winnings? I have 2 explanations -
1) he refused The cash and chose to become front man as part of the winning package OR
2) (which is the most likely scenario in my head) he gambled all the winnings away and got recruited again to clear his debt (see note 1 below*) As he had already won he couldn’t be a contestant so had to be staff And having the status of winner put him in good stead to become front man rather than one of the red staff. (The red staff must have been recruited to pay back some sort of debt aswell - they have very basic rations, are working like robots and are at as much risk of getting killed as the contestants, so they are clearly indebted somehow)
I thought he had only been missing for a few days but it seemed to me as if he had a history of going missing for a few days at a time, which would make sense as the games only last for a few days and only seem to happen once a year. He’s only missing for the time it takes for recruitment and finding a winner. Honestly I was expecting the brother to be The first contestant who died in green light/red light.

*note 1 - the old guy made his money as a loan shark. In the beginning gi-hun signed away his physical rights to his loan shark. he was reminded of this in the squid games compound so I think gi-hun’s loan shark was working for old man. In fact I think everybody there ultimately owed their debts to the old man, like a pyramid scheme of loan sharks with old man at the top 😂

the old man didn’t want to watch the rest of the games as he had already played in them, so wouldnt get enjoyment out of just sitting and watching. Kind of like no longer watching the World Cup when your team loses and is out of the competition early doors.

And final few comments not related to anything above.
Gong Yoo 😍 he could rip me to shreds and I’d thank him for it.
Ali deserved better. Him playing marbles are the most heartbreaking scenes in the whole show.

jackolantern

VIP Member
Absolutely bloody loved it, haven't been so gripped by a show in a long time. I usually hate anything gruesome/horror but it won me over with such a clever storyline. Although I did guess the ending which is not like me at all, so that was a bit disappointing :ROFLMAO:

I feel like they will ruin it with series 2 though. I feel like alot of these style shows or movies - hunger games, westworld etc, they are SO good when the game/action part is happening and once they start trying to 'overthrow' the system it's just shit. Hopefully I'll be wrong though.

LOVED Ali and Sae-byeok, pretty much hated everyone else but I accept that was necessary for the story to work 😅

I watched Alice in Borderland after and did enjoy it, but nowhere near as much.

Reactions: 11