Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Just binge watched in 2 days to see what the fuss was about and loved it. Episode 6 broke my heart and made me cry which I didn't expect I loved player 1 😂
I did think it was a bit obvious with Gi Hun that every game he had a very last minute issue, could have let him sail through one at least

Not sure how I feel about a 2nd series, a prequel could work how it all started maybe

Reactions: 8

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Finished it tonight, I really enjoyed it. The policeman 😍😍 dunno what happened with that red hair at the end though?!

Errie

Anyone else think the male main character actors were all so handsome 😍
I follow them all on Instagram and they are so different from their characters

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
she still hasnt receivedthe money apparently
And part of the contract was that you couldnt give any of your prize money to any of the other players.
Surely once it yours and in the bank its yours to do with as you please?

• Wow

nefariousnellie

Chatty Member
Mai can get fucked. She started annoying me when she was slagging TJ off to anyone who would listen then quickly changed her tune. Glad Ashley isn’t in the final she was a massive dick for what she did to Trey. It made no difference as she jumped in the end anyway so why did he have to suffer? Twat.

Also I keep wondering if either San or Phil clocked that Mai lied about who she gave the gift box to. No way they didn’t pick up on the fact that she couldn’t remember straight away who she’d given it to.

Little_Red_Rides

My thoughts!

I honestly thought majority of the men on there were beautiful!! The policeman! The guy who plays the game with him at the train station too 😻😻😻 SEXY!

Also hated the old man twist, literally why? I didn’t think it worked and I also hate the age old storyline of ‘we’re so rich the only pleasure we get in our life is doing fucked up things like killing people’ been done so many times before 😴

The VIP American acting has to honestly be one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time 😂😂😂 the accents were so OTT and almost seemed fake? Also some of the script was so strange ‘wow, it’s a bigger version of the bridge’ ehhh??

Agree with the tattler who said the red hair at the end was tragic - I actually didn’t really like the ending- I would have liked him to have taken the main gals little brother (can’t remember her name) more under his wing rather than dumped with the old lady - hardly keeping to his end of the promise!

The longer the game goes on and the more invested people become in their relationships the better it gets, I was curious about how they would replicate the dorm dynamics from the show and the random tests with eliminations is a great mechanic, especially when they have to tell the group who they are eliminating.

My boyfriend and I struggled to get through the cookie bit without heaving. Seeing everyone’s saliva all over the shapes 🤮🤮🤮🤮 we were wretching. But we are really enjoying the series
Fucking minging that was, and the slurping noises. ffs it was grim even with the editing.

On a separate note the mom and son are a pair of sneaky cunts imo.

• Haha

Welshgal

VIP Member
Absolutely loved it! I liked how it was brutal without being to graphic (apart from some scenes) and all the littles details. Just wish I understood Korean to fully understand everything and appreciate the actors performance even more.

If you are debating on watching or not definitely watch it but with subtitles. I watched the first episode again in German then English and the dubbing is ridiculously bad.

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
There’s no plans for a second season (source: I teach Korean kids), it’s all designed to be a political statement about North and South Korea and the disparity in money between rich and poor. He just didn’t want to end it with : “and he lived happily ever after.” I don’t know that I “enjoyed” it but I was totally fascinated and would love a prequel!

Reactions: 7

adult human female

Anyone googled their ages and realised they are so much older than they look and then died a little inside at their own aging face? Just me? 😆

• Haha

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
View attachment 810667

Just finished it! Everyones gonna do Squid Game for Halloween aren't they lol

Some thoughts:

Gi Hun and Mr Sexy Policeman are well fit - hope the policeman isn't really dead as we didn't see his body 👀
Fuck Sang Woo, all my homies hate Sang Woo 😡
The licking scene in the honeycomb game made me so uncomfortable, I skipped the slow-mo licking scenes 🤣
Predictable but a fun watch - I sped up some of the talking scenes by x1.25 because they all talk so slow, especially that damn old guy
Speaking of the old guy, I hated the twist, what was even the point of that?
STATE OF GI HUNS HAIR AT THE END, OMFG I HATED IT
Fave ep was the tug of war or the marble game #justiceforali

Also what shape would everyone have picked? I would've totally gone star (but would have considered picking the umbrella first)
I would have picked the umbrella as I thought they were going to have boiling hot sugar poured on them depending where they stood 🤣

• Haha

Beige Mama

Chatty Member
I was glad to see crazy curly hair and the snake tattoo dude go off in a blaze of crazy.

The marble episode broke my heart…

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Old man must have had a hell of a lot of confidence in his tug of war strategy 😂. I actually want to try it out to see how effective it is

• Haha

hehehe

VIP Member
Loved it overall but the twists were very weak and a few things didn't make sense.
  • [*]Someone already pointed out the food issue

[*]The Front Man twist was predictable and served no purpose. The cop's brother had been missing for days? The Front Man indicated he'd done Squid Games in the past, so obv. he would be gone for days if not weeks at a time, so why is it now an issue to be solved? Plus his flat back in the city looked like student digs - I got the impression the missing brother was younger. Didn't cop find brother's file in the private room and he was supposedly one of the contestants (#130 or so)? Did the briefly seen photo even look like him? It looked like a kid. I thought the guy that was trying to partner with Gi-hun for the marble challenge would turn out to be the brother.

[*]The old guy twist was really dumb, again served no purpose. Didn't make sense because it was after the marble challenge where he was eliminated that the VIPs arrived. Old guy told the Front Man to apologise to the VIPs that he won't see them because "it's more fun to play than watch" - but he was already out of the game by then?? If I'm missing something please let me know.

Last edited: