Squid Game - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching things with subtitles or dubs is not my thing; however, due to the hype I decided to watch it last week and absolutely loved it. I loved the characters and got really invested. We sat up until 3am to watch it all in one go. The twist was kind of predictable. Also weird that he hadn’t seen his kid for over a year and still didn’t go but….you can’t have everything.

was it ever indicated that there would only ever be one winner. The last was a fight to death scenario but what if 10 people had made it that far? Would one team of 5 get the money to split?

Reactions: 6
Is this worth watching? I haven’t been sucked in by the hype yet and I want to know whether I should give in 😂

Reactions: 1
I also think Ali was done dirty. To portray a foreigner as so easily trusting and frankly dumb (we're really meant to think he wouldn't notice the stones being changed for marbles?) and then the added level of the VIPs being stupid (which seems to be more intended as a comment on them being rich more than anything) just seems off.
I agree with this one. His portrayal was very uncomfortable. I got the impression he was there illegally and was employed illegally in a dodgy factory but the subservience to the Korean characters felt very overdone and uncomfortable.

Reactions: 3
was it ever indicated that there would only ever be one winner. The last was a fight to death scenario but what if 10 people had made it that far? Would one team of 5 get the money to split?

I wondered if, they did get to a position with more than 3 left for final game, they’d introduce other rounds to ensure the numbers were reduced. Either that or find a way to shove some more folk off the platform beside the glass bridge

Reactions: 1
I’d like to see the origins of the old man for the next one, like how he won the games and how he became the leader. That or another games but the main guy is like the cop and secretly taking down the games

Reactions: 5
I’d like to see the origins of the old man for the next one, like how he won the games and how he became the leader. That or another games but the main guy is like the cop and secretly taking down the games
I’d be interested in a prequel I think, I’m not really fussed about a second series but I know if it goes off on all the socials like the original I’ll be suckered into watching 🙈

Reactions: 4
I’m so late to the game as I’ve just finished it. I loved it. I agree with what someone else said, if you’re going to watch it then watch it in Korean with subtitles as the dubbed voices are just ridiculous.
Also I agree with whoever said they fancy the main guy but I only fancy the character not the actor, I also fancied Sang woo and the recruiter guy…. I’m putting it down to pregnancy hormones 😂

Reactions: 2
I’m so late to the game as I’ve just finished it. I loved it. I agree with what someone else said, if you’re going to watch it then watch it in Korean with subtitles as the dubbed voices are just ridiculous.
Also I agree with whoever said they fancy the main guy but I only fancy the character not the actor, I also fancied Sang woo and the recruiter guy…. I’m putting it down to pregnancy hormones 😂
The recruiter guy is HOT:love:

Even Ali looks good! 😄
I must say I'm surprised how many people watch foreign films dubbed! I've always read English subtitles and "listen" in original language.

For me 1 series is enough, I enjoyed it because of the characters but it's done, I wouldn't need/want to go back to it again in any format prequel or sequel.

Reactions: 11
They’re all gorgeous but my personal favourite would have to be the recruiter. He definitely should have had a bigger part.
I’m excited there’s going to be a second season. I think there’s more to tell.
The "recruiter" is Gong Yoo, one of the most popular and best-known Korean actors there is. He only did this cameo because he is friends with the director. It's so hilarious to see people "discover" him, he's been a big name star for decades, but then so has most of the cast. As someone who has been watching Korean dramas and movies for years, I feel so torn about the show's success. I love seeing people get excited about a Korean show, but this also attracts so much ignorance and needless hate for "the hype", as if the show didn't deserve all the hype it gets. Not talking about this forum thread, just something I notice in general.

If you guys loved the recruiter/Gong Yoo, you should watch his early dramas "Coffee Prince" (it's on Netflix) and Goblin, which was a smash hit in Korea. He is so, so FINE in Goblin. Oh, oh, and the movie Train to Busan, that's probably his best-known role internationally.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The "recruiter" is Gong Yoo, one of the most popular and best-known Korean actors there is. He only did this cameo because he is friends with the director. It's so hilarious to see people "discover" him, he's been a big name star for decades, but then so has most of the cast. As someone who has been watching Korean dramas and movies for years, I feel so torn about the show's success. I love seeing people get excited about a Korean show, but this also attracts so much ignorance and needless hate for "the hype", as if the show didn't deserve all the hype it gets. Not talking about this forum thread, just something I notice in general.

If you guys loved the recruiter/Gong Yoo, you should watch his early dramas "Coffee Prince" (it's on Netflix) and Goblin, which was a smash hit in Korea. He is so, so FINE in Goblin. Oh, oh, and the movie Train to Busan, that's probably his best-known role internationally.
I love him in Train to Busan...fineeeee. That film encouraged me to do couch to 5k as i realised I'd be fucked in a Zombocalypse as I couldn't run

• Haha
  • Heart
Anyone else watching the real life version that Netflix have just added?

I was sceptical but surprised how much I'm enjoying it.