Sparkles and Stretchmarks #2 Wasting dosh on Disney thrills, not a thought to energy bills

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Err she does know that rescues have kittens aswell, the ones near me do regularly! Boring personal story but we rehomed a 1 year old cat earlier this year and admittedly I wasn't sure if I was a cat person prior but I wouldn't be without him now, so I can understand that perspective somewhat. However, we chose a cat that was a little older as we only wanted one for the time being and were told kittens are best rehomed in pairs. I don't think she's given this decision much thought at all and I can see her getting frustrated with the kitten. No way will she have pet insurance, that would be too responsible and we all know every decision Hayley makes is driven by her 'inner child' 🙄

Reactions: 3
I was so busy being angry about the selfish buying of the kitten that I hadn't even thought about the vet bills side of it. She'll probably be tapping up her followers to cover them 🙄🙄

Err she does know that rescues have kittens aswell, the ones near me do regularly! Boring personal story but we rehomed a 1 year old cat earlier this year and admittedly I wasn't sure if I was a cat person prior but I wouldn't be without him now, so I can understand that perspective somewhat. However, we chose a cat that was a little older as we only wanted one for the time being and were told kittens are best rehomed in pairs. I don't think she's given this decision much thought at all and I can see her getting frustrated with the kitten. No way will she have pet insurance, that would be too responsible and we all know every decision Hayley makes is driven by her 'inner child' 🙄
I wonder if she tried a rescue but they said no for all the reasons we've laid out!

And she would have brought his brother but can't afford it. If you can't afford to buy the other kitten how is she going to afford pet insurance, vaccinations and all the other things that come with the responsibility of owning pets? But stuff all those non-important things so long as her inner child gets to play with a kitten for a few weeks until it is a fully grown cat and she gets bored and blames her anxiety for having to rehome the poor thing. Obviously won't be her fault but that evil mother of hers.

She has a very accommodating landlord/lady allowing pets.... Am sure she checked with them first before splashing over the Internet she is getting a cat.
Maybe the landlord will be rolled out as the reason when she rehomes the kitten in a few months time.

Reactions: 2
As a cat owner myself I will be raging if she doesn’t look after it properly.

There’s not even any grass or flower beds on their rented property where the poor moggy can go out and bury its scat in peace. I predict an unhappy experience even if it a house cat, they already have guinea pigs, no? What a recipe for stench/disaster.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh lordy I didn't know they had guinea pigs aswell, poor things will end up tormented by the cat and Hayley will either be oblivious or in denial. Usually people who own both make an effort to ensure they're kept separately but I can't see that happening here. And if anything happened it wouldn't be her fault anyway 😬

Reactions: 1
As a cat owner myself I will be raging if she doesn’t look after it properly.
I am so worried about that kitten. The chaos on Christmas morning and those awful unruly kids running wild. They will be arguing about who gets to pet it. The reason she never went to a rescue is because she knows the chances of getting one were zero given her circumstances. That poor mite will be so traumatised and shame on the breeder for selling it to her.

I have a rescue dog that was bought by people during the first lockdown who jumped on the dog owning bandwagon. They surrendered him last year as cute little puppy had turned into a 40kg dog they didn't have the time or inclination to bother with. We are still working on unpicking his issues caused by them.

Of course we will never get to see the behind the scenes trauma it suffers.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It is a rented house so I assume she will have to ask permission for a cat flap and if she has anxiety about having a cup of tea in a house with pets how the flip is she going to cope with cleaning out a litter trap.
She has some very daft ideas but this has to be one of her worst.

And
It is a rented house so I assume she will have to ask permission for a cat flap and if she has anxiety about having a cup of tea in a house with pets how the flip is she going to cope with cleaning out a litter trap.
She has some very daft ideas but this has to be one of her worst.
and since they have no garden, the cat will be leaving its poo in other properties, just wait for the neighbours knocking, get yur cat out my yard! She has no clue

Those stories about her kids are horrid.

They really need to be in school and getting the help they need.

Yeah, I expect some of the behavioural issues are down to boredom for her children. How can you properly home school and run three businesses from home?

I pity her poor neighbours too.

Wow I can’t even listen to all of those. I’m so angry listening to her. Those poor poor kids. Yeah sure hun, blame their undiagnosed diagnoses, it couldn’t possibly be poor parenting, bored understimulated children. I am very pro home Ed. But those children need school. They are never ever going to be able to cope in life. They will have issues galore

Hayley, hon... being the size you are is going to make you feel lousy, lethargic, possibly in pain. I say this as a larger person myself. You can stamp your feet and preach body positivity as much as you like but you choose flattering angles for all your photos so clearly you're not as happy with your size as you make out 🤷🏻‍♀️ There's no shame in admitting you need to lose weight to improve your health.

So has Noa changed their name with the fact the friends called the middle child by their new name.

That sleep situation sounds insane, and I'd put money on the fact she hasn't tried things consistently or for long enough. Probably not much routine going on in that household either. Honestly, to me it just looks like the kids rule the roost and she has too much time to ruminate over things. Some externally imposed routine/pressures might not be so bad. Working from home and homeschooling requires self motivation and discipline to do well, not qualities that Hayley seems to have in abundance.

Why are the local education authority not stepping in? I’m not very knowledgable on home Ed but don’t you have to prove you’re doing it and not letting your kids doss about all day?

Why are the local education authority not stepping in? I’m not very knowledgable on home Ed but don’t you have to prove you’re doing it and not letting your kids doss about all day?

Exactly this, how someone hasn't reported her to them or to social services is beyond me