Sparkles and Stretchmarks #2 Wasting dosh on Disney thrills, not a thought to energy bills

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Hayley Mclean clan are on a three week Disney World binge, running up a huge credit card debt, whilst moaning about the cost of rent on their house.

The first thread was a timeline of the serial grifting habit of the proprietors of Sparkles and Stretchmarks blog, insta, and facebook nonsense. Reader concerns often expressed about their perpetual moaning about the cosy of raising and homeschooling three minor children, whilst racking up enormous debt on a 3 week Disney holiday. She claims to have every malady in the book. He is chronically unemployed. Benefits keep them afloat. What pays their billls? Perhaps the Bank of Mum & Dad…perhaps something web based flaunting her qualities to chubster punters?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I’m a bit of a sensible sally and as much as I can see the pull of going to Disney and giving your kids 3 weeks of incredible memories I really couldn’t spend that money If we didn’t own a house or have some future stability for our children. If they have got cash from somewhere and it’s not on credit (could they even get credit cards for that amount?!) that would be enough for a house deposit

Reactions: 12
Aren't some benefits means tested and you have to prove you have less than a certain amount in savings? Surely this blatant spending would call into question their eligibility for any benefits they receive. Looks like they have won the lottery.

Reactions: 5
Following on from the last thread, I am so shocked at how much the swimming with dolphins cost!! Over a grand for what an hour? With those poor dolphins ☹. She is trying to squeeze in every "holiday of a lifetime" moment but without ever saving up for it. There must be an only fans or something but I don't want to go trying to track it down 😂

I’m a bit of a sensible sally and as much as I can see the pull of going to Disney and giving your kids 3 weeks of incredible memories I really couldn’t spend that money If we didn’t own a house or have some future stability for our children. If they have got cash from somewhere and it’s not on credit (could they even get credit cards for that amount?!) that would be enough for a house deposit
It doesn't look like the kids are even enjoying it that much. Do kids even rate these experiences as so much better than a week in Butlins?

The Cheesecake Factory 🍰 and Target 🎯 ........... finally she's done something to make me a teensy bit envious 🤣

Reactions: 2
[QUOTE="jobackhorsewoman, post: 11829668, member: 36]
It doesn't look like the kids are even enjoying it that much. Do kids even rate these experiences as so much better than a week in Butlins?
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I have thought as I've watched the stories. I think it is too much for them. Every single day is utterly full on; hug this character, eat this food, go on this ride, watch these fireworks, shop for that here...and repeat all day every day.
It looks utterly exhausting and 'too much', they haven't got time to process any of it.
The expense of it blows my mind. Surely you'd rather have a holiday a year for the next 3years than 3 weeks of a sugar high then nothing?!?

*The dolphins is utterly disgusting, I can't believe this type of set up still exists. I loathe SeaWorld and all that it stands for. I hated seeing those photos.

Following on from the last thread, I am so shocked at how much the swimming with dolphins cost!! Over a grand for what an hour? With those poor dolphins ☹. She is trying to squeeze in every "holiday of a lifetime" moment but without ever saving up for it. There must be an only fans or something but I don't want to go trying to track it down 😂

good point the kids don’t look particularly enthusiastic . We’ve taken our kids to some amazing places abroad, Disney included (Paris though) and when I ask them about their favourite holiday or ask where they’d like to go… they say a caravan park we went too in Devon 🙈

Reactions: 7
good point the kids don’t look particularly enthusiastic . We’ve taken our kids to some amazing places abroad, Disney included (Paris though) and when I ask them about their favourite holiday or ask where they’d like to go… they say a caravan park we went too in Devon 🙈
Ha agree! My husband and I love to travel, so our kids have had some cool travel experiences (in our opinion 😅) but without fail, when we ask them something like “what was your favourite part of the summer holidays?” They will say “playing with friends” or “going to the park” etc. we are under no illusions that they need any special trips in order to have a happy and fulfilled childhood.
I think Hayley feels likes fancy trips like this and lots of presents (I am always shocked by how much they give at Christmas) are essential for a joyful life. And she feels entitled to them. It makes her feel like a good parent. It’s really messed up.

Reactions: 9
Ha agree! My husband and I love to travel, so our kids have had some cool travel experiences (in our opinion 😅) but without fail, when we ask them something like “what was your favourite part of the summer holidays?” They will say “playing with friends” or “going to the park” etc. we are under no illusions that they need any special trips in order to have a happy and fulfilled childhood.
I think Hayley feels likes fancy trips like this and lots of presents (I am always shocked by how much they give at Christmas) are essential for a joyful life. And she feels entitled to them. It makes her feel like a good parent. It’s really messed up.
Haha yes, we went on a cool trip this summer and my children both told their teachers the best thing they did in the summer was go on a pedalo at the local park with their friends 😂

think you’ve got it right, she’s very much about stuff. Even her home schooling seems to revolve around buying things

Reactions: 2
Quality not quantity Hayley love
You can buy happiness and your kids love. Sure they’d prefer stability and parental financial stability opposed to a Mickey waffle and another 2 hour queue for a photo with Minnie Mouse in the rain

Reactions: 8
The Cheesecake Factory 🍰 and Target 🎯 ........... finally she's done something to make me a teensy bit envious 🤣
Target sells a lot of stretchy tents for oversized figures but its cheapo stuff which looks nice on the rack but does not survive a few washes. Ive stopped wasting money there.

Reactions: 1
Why on earth are they spending so much time at universal if they don’t like Harry Potter? Makes no sense. The parks aren’t worth much if you skip the HP stuff. And even if you don’t like HP, the theming and rides are amazing, you really don’t have to be a fan to enjoy the rides and they are by far the best at universal (bar the big coasters if you want something scarier). I just can’t fathom spending all that money if you’re not interested in half of what the parks have to offer 🙄. Plus Universal has Halloween horror nights going on right now, which means they close early every day. Why are they spending so much for parks they’re not fully interested in that close early every day? 😂 Their absolute ridiculous spending is shocking.

I’d like to know how she’s walking 9-10 miles a day for the last 2 weeks without her chronic illness getting in the way 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’d like to know how she’s walking 9-10 miles a day for the last 2 weeks without her chronic illness getting in the way 🤔
She said she was going to get a mobility scooter wonder if she’s just left it out the photos

Reactions: 1
She said she was going to get a mobility scooter wonder if she’s just left it out the photos
We caught a glimpse of it near the start of their holiday, she panned across, the younger two were in strollers & her scooter just got into shot. I’m surprised the oldest child & weird husband can walk that far, none of them look the picture of health 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
In contrast Hayley and her inner child look like they are having the best time, cuddling the characters, holding out her dress for the camera and eating and drinking all the high sugar and fatty food and drink.

Hope the memories keep her warm at night when she can't afford the electricity bill this winter.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
In contrast Hayley and her inner child look like they are having the best time, cuddling the characters, holding out her dress for the camera and eating and drinking all the high sugar and fatty food and drink.

Hope the memories keep her warm at night when she can't afford the electricity bill this winter.
All about her

I am in the western US at the moment, and I took the chance to chat with a couple from Orlando who are at the same conference as we are. They said the weather for the past month in Orlando has been unbearably humid and hot, that lightning storms have been frequent. They said it was a huge relief to have come west to drier air. I asked if this would have been a good time to be at Disney World, and they just burst out laughing…I wont repeat what they said but it makes me think poor old Sparkles will be struggling to propel herself without motorised wheels.

Reactions: 4