Sophie & Dave #3 Fatty Potter & the turkey baster of clickbait.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit of a change in subject but I noticed the other day they had hit 30,000 subscribers but haven’t mentioned one thing about it. Most subscribers are humbled to reach that kind of milestone and thank their subscribers for sticking with them but nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Gender disappointment is a real thing.. my friend couldn’t speak when she found out she was having a 4th boy and had a cry. She adores her boys though.
My sister was upset when she had a second boy and she has never fully bonded with him and he is a teen now :(.
I suppose it was the fact she said she was shocked. I’m not sure how you could be shocked when it can be either one or the other!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
At the risk of being a devil's advocate, I want a girl. I've outright said it to everyone. I'd love whatever I had, of course, but I think it's natural to have a preference. My mum wanted a boy and yet we're the closest you can imagine and always have been; we're utterly best friends, but she always wanted a boy "to play cricket with dad" and hoped I would be one when she was pregnant. I'm not traumatised by that knowledge! Because once I existed she fell in love with me immediately regardless of of her preference. I hope Sophie would be the same. I want a girl, but if I had a little version of my partner running around that would be wonderful too!

At the risk of being a devil's advocate, I want a girl. I've outright said it to everyone. I'd love whatever I had, of course, but I think it's natural to have a preference. My mum wanted a boy and yet we're the closest you can imagine and always have been; we're utterly best friends, but she always wanted a boy "to play cricket with dad" and hoped I would be one when she was pregnant. I'm not traumatised by that knowledge! Because once I existed she fell in love with me immediately regardless of of her preference. I hope Sophie would be the same. I want a girl, but if I had a little version of my partner running around that would be wonderful too!
I don't have problem with her having a preference. I do think sometimes that is a bit of a subconscious thing that you can't help.
I'm having a boy and I didn't think I had a preference but now I do think we are more suited to a boy.

The issue I have with Sophie is the choice of lanaguge when she's been talking about the baby. Saying she would grieve for the little girl if it was a boy. Again I get what she meant but it was just an uncomfortable and insensitive way of saying it.

Reactions: 9
Oh yeah, I completely agree with that. And heck, even if she DOES feel that way, I think probably keeping it to yourself is probably for the best when you're an influencer or have any social media influence.

Reactions: 6
Oh yeah, I completely agree with that. And heck, even if she DOES feel that way, I think probably keeping it to yourself is probably for the best when you're an influencer or have any social media influence.
Yeah it's the type of thing you can talk about with family and friends when you know their circumstances around fertility/childless and how those comments would be received.

Sharing those thoughts with the world and their audience is a bit tactless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The reveal was pointless.. They already knew and no one looked interested.
Totally agree. I thought the parents weren’t meant to know at the gender reveal, as part of the excitement for guests is seeing the parents’ reaction as well as whether the baby is a boy or girl.

Maybe I’m not very sentimental, but I wouldn’t drag my family and friends over for a gender reveal party. It looks like they got presents too, and she’ll have a baby shower too I bet, I think it’s asking too much of people.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree. I thought the parents weren’t meant to know at the gender reveal, as part of the excitement for guests is seeing the parents’ reaction as well as whether the baby is a boy or girl.

Maybe I’m not very sentimental, but I wouldn’t drag my family and friends over for a gender reveal party. It looks like they got presents too, and she’ll have a baby shower too I bet, I think it’s asking too much of people.
Traditionally if you have a baby shower it's meant to be arranged for you - would someone do this for her?

Traditionally if you have a baby shower it's meant to be arranged for you - would someone do this for her?
I recon Mummy Belle and Sisters will be expected to, but it does seem like you could amalgamate the baby shower with gender reveal tbh.

Reactions: 3
My thoughts are with sophie and Dave at this time.
you know the worst part, they can’t even call the kid chip. 😞

Reactions: 4
Their reaction is so funny... it was a 50% chance of being a boy yet they were so shocked.

Dave looks like an actual state - he’s surely put on even more weight... I can’t understand how Sophie is physically attracted to him. He needs to seriously lose weight and pull himself together before their kid comes along.

Reactions: 7
I do think Sophie looks genuinely happy.
Strange to say when the scanner said "he" she thought "no, surely not" though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.