Sophie & Dave #18 their house is a tip, they’ve broken Chip, still on about a Disney trip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a little concerned by her saying she sees 1 year olds on insta sitting up properly and playing.... thats what Barney should be doing now. She really has no idea about milestones
I was thinking about this yesterday. My friend had a baby in September and she is nearly sitting up unsupported and can hold her own head up. She also has a highchair and is sitting in it to have her bottles since she's still too little for weaning.

Reactions: 8
Firstly, yawn at the groundhog day that is 'I'm going to start my Sophie Belle channel again'.

Secondly, some observations on Sophie's monologue.

The reason she 'lost her confidence' as she made her way through her 20s is because all of her peers will have been moving into their adult lives, finding jobs, buying houses. Meanwhile, she continued filming videos playing dress up and meandering after Dave in a sad existence with no direction. As someone as obsessed with keeping up the Joneses as she is, of course her confidence was knocked when she started making comparisons. She is too stupid to see that you have to work for a nice life. Unfortunately, the choices she has made thus far in life mean that she will never have the lifestyle she craves so desperately (her sisters!).

I do actually feel the Sophie Belle channel could be a success but she would have to work at it. I found in Mummy Mondays, when she had bothered to get dressed, do her hair and make up, she was far more tolerable than in the 'normal' vlogs, and at first glance you would never know how chaotic life was behind the façade. But her solo channel would need content beyond turning the camera on for 10 minutes a day and hoping for the best and she doesn't have the work ethic to create any despite having the most fashionable influencer accessory of all in Barney.

If she truly wants to succeed it is the eye-opening Sophie & Dave videos that need to be deleted, not the picture perfect Sophie Belle ones. Dave needs to be hidden again, not because of his appearance, because the fact he doesn't work raises questions - 'Sophie Belle' should be aspirational and who wants a layabout for their OH!? The idea of a 'mysterious unseen actor husband' is far more alluring. Agree with a post upthread about her needing to create a 'set' for filming to hide the untidy house. Had the Loaf turned out to look as good in reality as it did in Sophie's head it probably would have been perfect but God that thing is ugly. She should have abandoned all pretence of it being 'for Barney' and got a pink one like she actually wanted, in a different style (Reader is cute) and put it in the corner of the dining room and got rid of the Gumtree sofa.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Firstly, yawn at the groundhog day that is 'I'm going to start my Sophie Belle channel again'.

Secondly, some observations on Sophie's monologue.

The reason she 'lost her confidence' as she made her way through her 20s is because all of her peers will have been moving into their adult lives, finding jobs, buying houses. Meanwhile, she continued filming videos playing dress up and meandering after Dave in a sad existence with no direction. As someone as obsessed with keeping up the Joneses as she is, of course her confidence was knocked when she started making comparisons. She is too stupid to see that you have to work for a nice life. Unfortunately, the choices she has made thus far in life mean that she will never have the lifestyle she craves so desperately (her sisters!).

I do actually feel the Sophie Belle channel could be a success but she would have to work at it. I found in Mummy Mondays, when she had bothered to get dressed, do her hair and make up, she was far more tolerable than in the 'normal' vlogs, and at first glance you would never know how chaotic life was behind the façade. But her solo channel would need content beyond turning the camera on for 10 minutes a day and hoping for the best and she doesn't have the work ethic to create any despite having the most fashionable influencer accessory of all in Barney.

If she truly wants to succeed it is the eye-opening Sophie & Dave videos that need to be deleted, not the picture perfect Sophie Belle ones. Dave needs to be hidden again, not because of his appearance, because the fact he doesn't work raises questions - 'Sophie Belle' should be aspirational and who wants a layabout for their OH!? The idea of a 'mysterious unseen actor husband' is far more alluring. Agree with a post upthread about her needing to create a 'set' for filming to hide the untidy house. Had the Loaf turned out to look as good in reality as it did in Sophie's head it probably would have been perfect but God that thing is ugly. She should have abandoned all pretence of it being 'for Barney' and got a pink one like she actually wanted, in a different style (Reader is cute) and put it in the corner of the dining room and got rid of the Gumtree sofa.
THIS! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Totally agree. Unfortunately until Soaf addresses the mental health issues that are emerging, I think she is going to feel lost for a while.

Having a baby during lockdown is traumatising. The fear, the unknown, but let’s face it, she was very sheltered before it and has gone on to have an ‘easy pain free 2 x paracetamol’ Labour so compared to others, she’s had it okay. She had family support, a loving husband, financial means to move into a private rented property before having her baby.

But her baby wasn’t a girl. That baby girl she created in her head for years (even before 2016) has not come to fruition and I think she is 100% struggling with that. If Barney had been a girl, trust me, we would have seen a different take on motherhood. She’s grieving a baby and a future she doesn’t have. She wants a lifestyle that includes being successful on YouTube (10 years in the making and she’s still here... starting over AGAIN), having a daughter to show off because until recently, no one else in her family had a daughter. Her sisters recent announcement will be triggering Soaf. It’s quite blatant.

Quit the fakery and be real and relatable because THATS what’s missing off YouTube. But instead, she’s now going to be plotting how to recreate an image that is no longer a reality. You are a new mum with new goals and focuses and you need to wake up and focus on your son.

Good luck managing their own channels, I can’t see it lasting though. we’ve never seen anything last with these two.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The thing with Barney not being a girl is really sad !!!! I just don’t understand how you could be like that ... I actually can’t think about it Cos it makes me really angry ! I went thru 5 years of fertility for my little girl girl and I would love another baby so she isn’t an only child but I can’t as I’ve already had my chance via the nhs
She’s such a horrible spoilt person and that Sophie belle channel was a fake version of her
We have all seen the real Sophie now, so going back to the sweet innocent whispery sickly sweet voice version she was filming is never Gonnae work

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Because she didn’t have too much trouble concieving. It happened when she planned. The smugness, the lack of empathy. What’s missing with these two is stability.

Reactions: 13
Barney’s not a girl and looks the spit of Dave, go figure Soaf, you married him with his scottishness and reddy blonde hair 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I predict now Sophie will order some pink stuff from Anthropology to make a filming background. At least Dave already has his Gainnnnnz Gym to film in.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, she definitely can't sell their marriage as "aspirational". We've seen the reality. And the crocs.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thread: All protein and no upload, could Fiona and her Shrek be at the end of the road?

Please someone, make Fatman Protein Scoop rhyme with something good! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s all about gainzz for Farman protein scoop
While princess Fiona eats rotten looking chicken soup (stew)

It’s all about gainzz for Farman protein scoop
While princess Fiona eats rotten looking chicken soup (stew)
Or change soup to goop

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I actually think they will stay together forever, muddling along until the end of their days. They've stayed together this long - c. 10 years - despite the relationship clearly being one based on little more than friendship and convenience. Added to which, they now have a good reason (or excuse) to stay together: Barney. Neither of them would have the backbone to walk away.

It's sad, because it means neither of them will ever experience true love or passion in their respective lifetimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I actually think they will stay together forever, muddling along until the end of their days. They've stayed together this long - c. 10 years - despite the relationship clearly being one based on little more than friendship and convenience. Added to which, they now have a good reason (or excuse) to stay together: Barney. Neither of them would have the backbone to walk away.

It's sad, because it means neither of them will ever experience true love or passion in their respective lifetimes.
Completely agree with this.

Sophie will never leave. Dave, well, sooner or later he is going to have to get a job and as soon as he has a life outside the house things may change.

Also, is anyone unsure what is Chip's food and what is Sophie's stew!? :sick:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

This is so true and so sad
Imagine never knowing true love or actual real thrown about the bedroom sex 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is so true and so sad
Imagine never knowing true love or actual real thrown about the bedroom sex 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Your comment caught me off guard and make me laugh out loud.

Although, tbf, I'm not sure anyone would be throwing Dave around the bedroom, true love or not. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
They have been VERY quiet on socials today, they probably have dead arms after all that YouTube deleting 😂 Who bets there isn’t a vlog or their 5 mins of productivity from yesterday has gone down the pan 😂
When my baby was little, I never had them on my lap but facing away. The whole thing is so so weird! Why doesn’t she want to look at his face? Will her owl eyes turn him to stone? 👀

her post is so fake. Soaf, come on, we know you sit around watching TV all day and your baby sleeps right through the night!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.