Sophie & Dave #18 their house is a tip, they’ve broken Chip, still on about a Disney trip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember reading about a psychological effect where you get the same rush of positive feelings from telling people you’re going to do something as actually achieving it.

so if you want to lose weight for example you’re best off not telling anyone because it will keep your motivation. Once you talk about your intentions your brain is like Yep, that’s checked off the list!

So soaf and Dave are surfing the dopamine of constantly telling everyone what they intend to do, but never end up just getting on with it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Sophie belle channel must be getting a new look or she has deleted all her videos or maybe I’m blocked but I only see one video now
Mines the same looks like she's rebranding the channel to be a mum life

Reactions: 11
So I’ve just watched an interview with arg (who was mentioned here a couple of days ago) and because he’s taller he doesnt look as big on top as Dave, basically he was told he will die by his doctor sooner rather than later (is this the advice Dave said he didn’t agree with from his GP?) he also inferred if he got COVID he would die.... how Dave just prances about not worrying scares me. I’m not saying they’re the same in any case but Dave really need help, I’m not suggesting WLS surgery but Sophie you need to have Barney’s dad around for him, that shirt of having a parent who dies never goes away, he might not fit into your perfect posh housewife life but your son needs his dad, force him to the doctors and start eating together! I honestly am more shocked the longer this goes on, it’s so sad because the end result isn’t a good one!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I’m going to call it.... I don’t think these two are going to be together long term.

They just do not seem on the same page at all, live and parent complete seperately. It’s very sad for Barney
Perhaps this is Sophie thinking long term- if they split she needs her own Chanel back and perhaps this is them both preparing for the inevitable (with Dave thinking on starting his own Chanel also)
Sophie seems down at the moment and a bit manic- maybe the realisation has set in that Daves just not for her.
Eating by herself going for walks by herself , her New Years resolution was to do more on her own wasn’t it.
Perhaps the only thing keeping her from leaving him is she now comes with baggage-a big blue fecking loaf😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 16
They will be showing us how loved up they are in the next vlog after all this speculation.🤣

I do agree things must be pretty bad now they are wanting their own channels. They can’t find time to do one between them so how are they going to manage it all? If they do split up Sophie will obviously go and live with mummy. I wonder what Dave would do with his life???

Reactions: 12
I wonder if in 20 years time and they are still together if Dave will do a Phillip Scofield.
Wait for the day soph then you will get your views up.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Almost felt sorry for Dave the Slave in tonight's vlog when he says he "just needs to figure out what to have for tea" meanwhile back at the ranch soaf is full on her sloppy stew. why oh why can they not have a proper dinner time TOGETHER as a family?

Soaf clearly isn't one bit house proud or wanting to be daves doting wife. Now I'm in noway saying it's a woman's place to make the man a dinner...but I grew up watching my parents both work full time and my mum kept our wee house lovely they raised us well and my mum always had dinner ready for a certain time for all of us every night (maybe even 4 different dinners lol) all until i got to a certain age and wanted to help her.
now I have my own house and i enjoy making dinner for my fiance personally. And can't wait to make dinner for my family when we have children.

...my own personal thoughts. i know it won't be everyone way of life...but it's mine. and I wouldn't change it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What annoyed me is when Sophie said “she doesn’t care about trolls.” I agree about people who post rubbish like “duck off and die etc etc” but I don’t see us tattlers as trolls? I just feel that if you get ADs then you are an INFLUENCER. As an influencer you should be held accountable for the influence you have. You should be held accountable over crappy actions like breaking lockdown rules and claiming poverty one minute and over spending the next. It can’t get addressed in the comments because it gets deleted and then they edit out of their videos. People need to know who they are watching/supporting - read the crappy things they have done and decide for themselves if they want to still support them. Instead of attempting to cover up the tit with dinosaurs and rainbows 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m just waiting for the landlord now to sell the house and they end up getting kicked out. It’s happening a lot at the moment due to the financial situation

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Am I the only one whose a bit sad her old channel videos are gone (probably for nothing, seeing as the rebrand won’t last long-term). I won’t ever deny I used to like the old Sophie when I found her channel in 2017 - at least I liked the image she used to present to the internet. I was going through a very stressful period of my life at the time and for some reason her videos relaxed me. Thinking back, it was probably the sloth pace 😂 but still I grew fond of them because they helped in calming me amidst the anxiety I was experiencing.

I’ve seen Youtubers (closer to a million followers) tell their fans to save links to their favorite videos before they removed them from public eye. Why would I ever think Sophie would be so thoughtful?

Oh well. I think some of y’all nailed it. I do believe their branching off is either because they sense a split coming on or their management team told them to.

Edit: Noting no Dave in her YouTube banner. But at least Barney is in there along with his “brother” Chip.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I remember reading about a psychological effect where you get the same rush of positive feelings from telling people you’re going to do something as actually achieving it.

so if you want to lose weight for example you’re best off not telling anyone because it will keep your motivation. Once you talk about your intentions your brain is like Yep, that’s checked off the list!

So soaf and Dave are surfing the dopamine of constantly telling everyone what they intend to do, but never end up just getting on with it.
I can totally relate/agree with this! And I think thisis exactly what they are doing. When my husband and I first got diagnosed with fertility problems and were heartbroken we would come up with grand plans and tell everyone then they would change the next week. It was ridiculous looking back. It was like a way to cope and mask what we were going through. Same when a member of our family was having marriage problems -grand plans again changing constantly but never happening.

To me it just proves how unhappy they are! But they made their own bed with their crappy decisions so I struggle to have too much sympathy!

• Heart
Something extreme has happened here for her to delete all of her videos on her channel because they won’t be generating any income at all now.

It’s all damage control, she will blame Dave and their joint channel for her not growing any of her channels to a huge number. This is all strategy marketing. Like I said before, she wants to control her image and unfortunately, it looks like she doesn’t want Dave to be part of her image. She hid him on her channel for years. (Which she mentioned last night)

Soaf, you can try to upload videos which portray you as a doe eyed, amazing mum who dotes on her baby and does endless hauls but we’ve all seen the truth over the last year.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I wonder if their new management has had a word and suggested the channels need a revamp. Also if they can't manage chores properly between them then how will they organise who gets the laptop and camera and box light on which day, for filming. :unsure:

Last edited:
So I’ve just watched an interview with arg (who was mentioned here a couple of days ago) and because he’s taller he doesnt look as big on top as Dave, basically he was told he will die by his doctor sooner rather than later (is this the advice Dave said he didn’t agree with from his GP?) he also inferred if he got COVID he would die.... how Dave just prances about not worrying scares me. I’m not saying they’re the same in any case but Dave really need help, I’m not suggesting WLS surgery but Sophie you need to have Barney’s dad around for him, that shirt of having a parent who dies never goes away, he might not fit into your perfect posh housewife life but your son needs his dad, force him to the doctors and start eating together! I honestly am more shocked the longer this goes on, it’s so sad because the end result isn’t a good one!
he DOES need his dad because he’s the one who seems to do most of the nappy changes, bath times, and the one who interacts with him naturally, actually plays and talks with him. I don’t think he will ever win father of the year and be taking Barney outside to play sports and will probably just try and get him into singing and video games but at least he has tiny hobbies his son can notice.

I’m so confused by soph saying she felt down when chip was on her lap but then the next moment she’s acting so hyper and manic, it’s kinda unsettling / fake.

Reactions: 14
You’d have thought for two ‘full time youtubers’ that spare room would be an office and not Daves bedroom. Take the bed down guys, put it in the loft and bloody have some element of being professional by having a filming space. Then everyone wouldn’t see your state of a house.

She had a desk, Mac computer etc so where has that gone?

Why can’t they take turns cooking a family meal? Why eat seperately? And again, STOP FOCUSING ON YOUR YOUTUBE IMAGE AND FOCUS ON YOUR SON.

Reactions: 23
I'm a little concerned by her saying she sees 1 year olds on insta sitting up properly and playing.... thats what Barney should be doing now. She really has no idea about milestones

That’s so weird about her videos, she was only talking about them in the vlog last night and encouraging people to go check out the vlog where you could hear Daves voice but not see him as he didn’t want to appear on camera!! I watched some of the vlogs last night and forgot how she used to come across on camera. She’s changed so much and not at all in a good way

• Wow
Anyone else notice the slog last night was, yet again, several days footage pieced into one 15 minute borefest?!

Seriously what do these guys actually do? And now suggesting they want their own channels. Pur-lease!

If the rumours are true about travel and the UK not being able to travel properly for at least a year, what content are they going to give us, because lets face it the only views they get are their Disney vlogs!

Reactions: 11
It’s a sad state of affairs when Dave is the best parent cos he hardly puts the maximum effort in.

I always worry about becoming a mum and wondering if I will be cut out for it but I already think I’d do 1000 times more with my kid (I understand that’s easier said than done when I don’t have a baby yet) 😂

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.