Sophie and Dave #36 Don't sing to me Dave, I've got a migraine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s stopped copying Jade because Jades gone silent and now she’s copying.... Brogan 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
They've turned off their likes and dislikes just like Brogan too!! 😂

Sophie and Dave #37: life's a joke, they're broke, Disney trip's DOA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The end of the vlog where Barney is just bouncing himself on the pillow, poor kid is clearly frustrated and has too much pent up energy because he doesn't get enough stimulation during the day.

Also when she was repeatedly calling his name, I've noticed he doesn't tend to look at least at her when shes calling him and doesn't make eye contact when he's being held, isn't that one of the early stages of autism? Either that or detachment.
Excellent observation.

Now, what's very very strange about the situation with Barney is that he doesn't respond to Soaf. At all. She calls his name. He doesn't respond. She says something, he doesn't reply back or babble back. She shows him something, he doesn't repeat it back to her.

But with Dave, he does slightly more. So if Dave says, Barney. He goes 'Dadddddda'. Or he tends to look at Dave a little more.

I would say it's lack of attachment more so than Autism because with Autism, Barney would likely to be consistent across all caregivers, not 100% the case for all children with ASD but mostly the case.

The only time I've seen Barney actually relax with Soaf, was when he was laying on her on the video last night. And then I realised..... It's because she had a bleeping phone in her hand off camera (managed to get a screen shot of the phone) and that's why he was relaxed. It had nothing to do with her!!!

Barney, at 14 months old is ADDICTED to a screen. It's 24/7.

They said he watches entire films 2 or 3 times a day. That's 4 - 6 hours of Barney staring at a screen a day.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I wonder how many times they're going to use the word DISNEY in their vlog titles seeing as though they're the only videos which get over 10k views 🤔 (apart from the MOVING AWAY?! or HONEST CHAT?! clickbait)

Reactions: 8
I wonder how many times they're going to use the word DISNEY in their vlog titles seeing as though they're the only videos which get over 10k views 🤔 (apart from the MOVING AWAY?! or HONEST CHAT?! clickbait)
It didn't seem to work on last nights though!!

And it was a fake call!!!!

SHOW US YOUR 4 HOUR HOLD TIME SOAF!!!! YOU LYING TOE RAG!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Excellent observation.

Now, what's very very strange about the situation with Barney is that he doesn't respond to Soaf. At all. She calls his name. He doesn't respond. She says something, he doesn't reply back or babble back. She shows him something, he doesn't repeat it back to her.

But with Dave, he does slightly more. So if Dave says, Barney. He goes 'Dadddddda'. Or he tends to look at Dave a little more.

I would say it's lack of attachment more so than Autism because with Autism, Barney would likely to be consistent across all caregivers, not 100% the case for all children with ASD but mostly the case.

The only time I've seen Barney actually relax with Soaf, was when he was laying on her on the video last night. And then I realised..... It's because she had a bleeping phone in her hand off camera (managed to get a screen shot of the phone) and that's why he was relaxed. It had nothing to do with her!!!

Barney, at 14 months old is ADDICTED to a screen. It's 24/7.

They said he watches entire films 2 or 3 times a day. That's 4 - 6 hours of Barney staring at a screen a day.
I took my kids to the cinema today. It’s their first time at 4 and 2.5 and they did amazing. Managed to sit for the whole film and not too much talking. It makes me sad who a little baby is able to sit that still staring at screen at his age

• Sad
Reactions: 5
A little word on parenting Sophie and dave:
Just for sleeping, the guidelines are for 18-21 degrees is a 1 tog sleeping bag, a sleepsuit AND A VEST. 15-17 degrees is the same but with a 2.5 sleeping bag.
The average temperature of the UK recently have been 16-20 degrees, so why hasn't Barney been in appropriate layers at all?

12 months onward, Barney should either be on a follow on formula or just regular full fat milk, however you never discuss what hes drinking, he should also be able to use a "sippy cup" himself by now, as opposed to you feeding him with a bottle. Why are you stunting even his basic milestones when it comes to feeding?
Also at 12 months, according to health visitors, a baby should be able to feed himself with cutlery from a plate, yet we never see Barney even use his own plate, it is also advised that at least one third of a child's plate should be fruit or veg, yet all Barney has is your scraps or melty puffs.
When was the last time Barney was weighed? Because judging by how little toy are showing to be feeding him i do have to wonder if he's even in the healthy weight bracket.

Were coming up to autumn and winter, so Barney should therefore have a vest on as a bottom layer at all times, as well as warm clothing, a jacket abd a foot muff for his push chair, but you have not shown you having these or discussed buying them. Is this because you're hoping people will buy Barney these items for Christmas so you don't have to? And if this is the case, how can you sit and happily watch your son go through 3 months of cold weather before he becomes appropriately dressed.
In their defence, (god I never thought I’d say that) Barney isn’t a little baby anymore so doesn’t necessarily need a footmuff on the pram just yet (he’ll quickly let them know if he’s too cold, but would be far more terrible if he overheated). It’s been at least 21 degrees where I live all week so as long as his chest is warm, he’s fine without a vest for the time being. I know this will obviously change going into winter, but he’s fine for September at least.
And as for feeding himself using cutlery, I know that spoons are encouraged but they’re certainly not necessary just yet. I’ve never seen a baby using cutlery at 12 months before?! My bubs is 10 months and can stick a preloaded spoon in his mouth, but scooping and fork stabbing skills come a LOT later.
I know this is S&D we’re talking about here and they could certainly be encouraging these skills more, but different babies meet their milestones at different times. Barney can feed himself finger foods which is more than a lot of traditionally weaned babies can do at his age tbh.

I still find it so weird that they don’t have one single friend between them!! Not one! Does that not upset them? I know not everybody has friends and likes their own company but these two don’t have jobs or anything else to do either. They are all just crammed in that bungalow 24/7 apart from seeing the ratbag family.
I was thinking this. They’re at the age as well that all their friends would be getting married (early 30s) and yet they never get invited to any weddings or similar.

My 12 month old will not use a sippy cup it’s bottle for milk or I feed her with an open cup or she goes thirsty 😔 dreading when she starts nursery! That said I doubt he has a sippy cup to try lol
Have you tried a weighted straw cup? My baby didn’t do well with a sippy cup but the straw cup you don’t even have to lift to drink if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.