Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jac40

I woke up to a lovely text message from a guy I matched on bumble months ago, I hope one day we can meet, even if it’s just friends as we have been chatting since April. I also put on jeans for the first time (been living in leggings during lockdown) and they still fit so don’t have to buy new jeans... isn’t jean shopping the worst and I love jeans. I finished my painting project.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I've a pinafore dress that I love which I had to stop wearing because it was becoming tight (picture a sausage made by someone who is not a professional so it's got lots of wobbly bits!). Anyway, I put it on this morning and I look less sausage like than I did before :ROFLMAO: 🎉🎉

• Haha

hrh89

VIP Member
Went for an opticians appointment and bonded with the assistant about travelling, bless her when we got to till she put it through like I had a free eye test voucher so I had the £25 appointment for free
this is why you respect people in retail and treat them as humans with respect and decency! They WILL go above and beyond for you. Props to the assistant for being kind and to you for clearly being a polite and appreciative customer. When I worked retail I very much appreciated customers like yourself who took the time to have a chat and treated me as an equal and not someone behind a till. 😊 You always get better service when you’re nice

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I left a toxic work environment where I was underappreciated and overworked and started my actual dream job a few weeks ago.

I worked from home today and not once did my boss call to check up on me and see if I was actually working whereas in my previous job I had to check in every hour and send proof of the work I’d done
I have been in a couple of jobs like that before I went self-employed. In one particular IT company, I too was overworked and underappreciated (taken for granted, would be more accurate). Because I had a degree in IT and had work experience, I was a little more boned up on things compared to my work colleagues. who had been with the company far longer.

Typically they didn't like the new girl on the block showing them up, so they gave me a hard time, including their team leader. So much so that I decided to quit. And for a good 2 or 3 weeks afterwards their team leader would ping me emails looking for help with problems they couldn't resolve. I could have been sarcastic and/or abusive in my replies. But instead, I was far more pragmatic and said "Sorry, but if you want my help you'll have to pay me a contractor's wage!"

I never heard from him again (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Rose28454

VIP Member
I volunteered at the vaccine rollout for the 6th time and they had a small
Amount left so they vaccinated is volunteers

• Heart

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
My anxiety was calm today enough for me to do my make up and do some writing and not feel nervous about any of it 😊😊 win win for me

• Heart

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Earlier I asked my middle one if she wanted to help me make apple crumble and custard. She said yes.
No sighing, no mumbling, no eyerolling or staring at me like I'm speaking russian. She just smiled
and said yes 🤔

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My little boy has been babbling so much today! He's improved loads the last week, I was getting so worried so it's so nice to see/hear

• Heart

abitfairytale

Spoke to mum and her pre-op went well (she is having an op to remove a pre-cancerous lump from her breast in a fortnight).

Ermmm... Work is shit right now, but I survived another day (scraping the barrel with that one!).

Oh! I ate a brownie, and it was good!

• Heart

Gembo

VIP Member
I had to go to B&Q and on the way I had to go through a part of road that is at the bottom of a small slope and gets slightly flooded. I waited before going through it as I could see a cyclist coming towards me, it was an old man and as he went through the flooded bit he stuck his feet out either side of his bike and had a big old smile on his face. Really made my day! 😊

• Heart

VIP Member
My brother took Mother to get her Flu Jab, first time she's been out the house for months, after the jab my brother took Mother for a drive.

Next week, Mother will be 90.

• Heart