Solo travel advice & recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if I'm too late OP, and I don't know if anybody has mentioned this but I have recently come across a website called Journee where you fill out a survey of what sort of trip you are after and they organise a mystery one for you. I do tend to worry about mystery holidays but after undertaking the survey myself and getting a trip proposal, and also reading all of the incredible reviews on trustpilot, I am sold. Most reviews are from solo travellers so definitely have a look.

They organise flights, transfers, hotels, car hire, guided tours, activities, taxis etc depending on what you want to/willing to do.

Reactions: 3
Not sure if I'm too late OP, and I don't know if anybody has mentioned this but I have recently come across a website called Journee where you fill out a survey of what sort of trip you are after and they organise a mystery one for you. I do tend to worry about mystery holidays but after undertaking the survey myself and getting a trip proposal, and also reading all of the incredible reviews on trustpilot, I am sold. Most reviews are from solo travellers so definitely have a look.

They organise flights, transfers, hotels, car hire, guided tours, activities, taxis etc depending on what you want to/willing to do.
Thank you! I will have a look at this for sure!

Im single and dont have anyone to go on holiday with but I want to start small and safe.
Anyone been to Stockholm?

Reactions: 1
Im single and dont have anyone to go on holiday with but I want to start small and safe.
I've never been but I have heard from other people who have solo travelled that all of the Scandi countries are very good and safe, also they all speak amazing English so no need to worry about any language barrier if you do have any issues

Reactions: 4
My friend has visited there and she really enjoyed it (she went solo)

I found this blog:

Thank you! ill check it out.

I've never been but I have heard from other people who have solo travelled that all of the Scandi countries are very good and safe, also they all speak amazing English so no need to worry about any language barrier if you do have any issues
Sounds great!

Reactions: 2
Yes! I really enjoyed it but it's expensive. A fun trip is to take the overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki, especially in the summer when it's light even at night. It's quite cheap. Helsinki is great, it's such a seasidey chilled out place, loads of fab shops & bars etc, and less expensive than Stockholm. And then you can also take another overnight ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn, another cute Baltic city, and MUCH cheaper than Stockholm, Helsinki or Copenhagen. I don't recommend taking a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki tho, because it's full of very drunk people who have been to Estonia to get cheaper booze. Do it the other way around when everyone is still soberπŸ˜†

And in case anyone is wondering, yes it was me who started off asking for solo travel tips - even tho I've travelled a lot, and actually done the travel part alone a lot, I've never spent more than one night alone anywhere so that's why this thread has proven so useful.

Than
Yes! I really enjoyed it but it's expensive. A fun trip is to take the overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki, especially in the summer when it's light even at night. It's quite cheap. Helsinki is great, it's such a seasidey chilled out place, loads of fab shops & bars etc, and less expensive than Stockholm. And then you can also take another overnight ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn, another cute Baltic city, and MUCH cheaper than Stockholm, Helsinki or Copenhagen. I don't recommend taking a ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki tho, because it's full of very drunk people who have been to Estonia to get cheaper booze. Do it the other way around when everyone is still soberπŸ˜†

And in case anyone is wondering, yes it was me who started off asking for solo travel tips - even tho I've travelled a lot, and actually done the travel part alone a lot, I've never spent more than one night alone anywhere so that's why this thread has proven so useful.
Thank you so much for this. Ill look into it!

Reactions: 1
Ahh I'm so happy to find this thread! I have my first solo trip to Italy booked in July and I'm really considering cancelling it tbh- worried about the stress of finding my way around, being bored alone as well as just being too hot! Plus my mum keeps saying she wishes I wasn't going and that she's really worried :rolleyes:

But I know it would be really good for my confidence and I don't know when I'll get another chance to go to Italy since trying to arrange holidays with other people has proven to be impossible! I've gone for self-catering since I don't want the pressure of having to eat out in restaurants- I've done this at lunch time before but in the evening it seems a bit scarier for some reason haha but the option's there if I want it. And the apartment's air-conditioned so I can go back and rest if I get too hot without worrying about what anyone else wants to do.

I don't know the closer it gets the more nervous I feel but this thread has made me feel better!
Has anyone used the app nomadher? I've downloaded it to maybe see if there are any other female travellers where I'm going that I could meet up with but don't know if it's actually any good or if that's even what it's really used for πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ahh I'm so happy to find this thread! I have my first solo trip to Italy booked in July and I'm really considering cancelling it tbh- worried about the stress of finding my way around, being bored alone as well as just being too hot! Plus my mum keeps saying she wishes I wasn't going and that she's really worried :rolleyes:

But I know it would be really good for my confidence and I don't know when I'll get another chance to go to Italy since trying to arrange holidays with other people has proven to be impossible! I've gone for self-catering since I don't want the pressure of having to eat out in restaurants- I've done this at lunch time before but in the evening it seems a bit scarier for some reason haha but the option's there if I want it. And the apartment's air-conditioned so I can go back and rest if I get too hot without worrying about what anyone else wants to do.

I don't know the closer it gets the more nervous I feel but this thread has made me feel better!
Has anyone used the app nomadher? I've downloaded it to maybe see if there are any other female travellers where I'm going that I could meet up with but don't know if it's actually any good or if that's even what it's really used for πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Thanks for posting a reply to this - please report back on how it went, I also want to go to Italy on my first solo trip, just haven't got around to booking anything yet - but I also feel a bit nervous for the same reasons as you. BUT I keep telling myself, is it really much different to if I was going to London, or Edinburgh, by myself? Not really! Nothing worse can happen there than could happen anywhere nearer home, but in Italy you'll have nicer weather and better food - that's my logic anywayπŸ˜‚

I went to Italy for the first time last year and loved it. I joined a. group trip though so not really solo other than the flights! Travelled by train which was pretty reliable and felt very safe.

As with any big city there are pickpockets about in the touristy areas, someone magaged to get in my bag in a market in Florence but luckily not into where my phone and cash were. Not to scare you, just to highlight the benefit of keeping a close hold on valuables! Florence was still my favourite of all the places we went to and felt totally safe wandering round all of the beautiful streets there. Venice also surpassed all my expectations and was easy to get round on the water buses.

If you’re going to the big tourist attractions you can book on guided group tours so that’s a chance to meet other people and not feel like you’re on your own all the time.

You’ll have an amazing time! Enjoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m not on that app but there are some Facebook groups for solo female traveling. Lots of great suggestions and sometimes people in the same places.

like the above post suggests, I sign up for some free walking tours or paid cooking classes and I often meet others that way to do some activities with.

• Heart