Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i don't know why she doesn't just wait to get a decorator in after lockdown than do all of her decor alone now and duck it up. It was clear the kitchen was going to go horribly wrong. Surely she must be aware that decorating is not her thing?

Reactions: 4
I laughed out loud at the tiles, funniest thing on her IG for a while! Tbh I think she intends and hopes that DIY projects don't go perfectly. All of this is hammed up for content and given it's her job (to be funny and to be an ~influencer~) I think she probably chalks up any losses e.g. annoyed landlord as worth it. I actually find her stories more engaging than most influencers' stories (except where she's shouting at/telling off her fans!!!).

Reactions: 10
I laughed out loud at the tiles, funniest thing on her IG for a while! Tbh I think she intends and hopes that DIY projects don't go perfectly. All of this is hammed up for content and given it's her job (to be funny and to be an ~influencer~) I think she probably chalks up any losses e.g. annoyed landlord as worth it. I actually find her stories more engaging than most influencers' stories (except where she's shouting at/telling off her fans!!!).
I do like that Sofie just throws herself into this kind of stuff, I find DIY so intimidating. It makes some sense when they put it in the context of her mental health.
Just wish the telling off people on stories would stop :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Omg I only follow her on a burner so missed all of this...... what the actual duck. How can you duck up tiles they’re geometric?!

I hate landlords with a passion but I’m also aware she’s not just painting walls or drilling holes (which should be allowed!!) she’s racking up thousands in irreparable damage, if she does the kitchen it’ll easily be £10k+ 😳

Most importantly does she not know you can pick custom backgrounds througy your actual device?!

4FB9BE1F-6D53-479F-AF45-8DF2287D1865.png

Reactions: 2
Omg I only follow her on a burner so missed all of this...... what the actual duck. How can you duck up tiles they’re geometric?!

I hate landlords with a passion but I’m also aware she’s not just painting walls or drilling holes (which should be allowed!!) she’s racking up thousands in irreparable damage, if she does the kitchen it’ll easily be £10k+ 😳

Most importantly does she not know you can pick custom backgrounds througy your actual device?!

View attachment 418101
Tbf most of what they're doing is reversible (painting the bathroom tiles less so). All the cupboards, surfaces, tiles and wallpaper in the kitchen can be peeled off pretty easily I think. Obviously they will technically have to repaint the kitchen cream but the landlord probably won't make them do that as white is a pretty landlord-acceptable colour I think. And then for the handles, it's just a case of screwing the old ones back in. Also, I think they probably know about Zoom backgrounds but just meant that the wallpaper will be behind them when they're on video calls working hehe.

Reactions: 1
Tbf most of what they're doing is reversible (painting the bathroom tiles less so). All the cupboards, surfaces, tiles and wallpaper in the kitchen can be peeled off pretty easily I think. Obviously they will technically have to repaint the kitchen cream but the landlord probably won't make them do that as white is a pretty landlord-acceptable colour I think. And then for the handles, it's just a case of screwing the old ones back in. Also, I think they probably know about Zoom backgrounds but just meant that the wallpaper will be behind them when they're on video calls working hehe.
Personally I don’t think the sticky will be reversible without bringing some of the door coating off with it in points, and if it is removing residue adhesive is a bleeping nightmare. When we had some work done recently we had the sticky back floor protector put down & removing it off the karndean we have in the hall was tough, I ended up using this awful chemical for it which I was worried would take the top layer off 😳

Not sure on your last point re backgrounds... it still doesn’t make sense?

Personally I don’t think the sticky will be reversible without bringing some of the door coating off with it in points, and if it is removing residue adhesive is a bleeping nightmare. When we had some work done recently we had the sticky back floor protector put down & removing it off the karndean we have in the hall was tough, I ended up using this awful chemical for it which I was worried would take the top layer off 😳

Not sure on your last point re backgrounds... it still doesn’t make sense?
Oh god. I've never used these types of sticky things before but yeah, good point...I bet the residue is a nightmare.

On the Zoom point, I just meant that lots of people like their real life background to look cool (like me haha) rather than using a fake background, which often chops off half of my glasses and just feels a bit weird.

Oh god. I've never used these types of sticky things before but yeah, good point...I bet the residue is a nightmare.

On the Zoom point, I just meant that lots of people like their real life background to look cool (like me haha) rather than using a fake background, which often chops off half of my glasses and just feels a bit weird.
I think it is weird though if you are doing a comedy show? if you were in a theatre/comedy lub etc the backgrounds are usually just black or plain

I think it is weird though if you are doing a comedy show? if you were in a theatre/comedy lub etc the backgrounds are usually just black or plain
Oh god, maybe I've actually misunderstood the Zoom point 😅 Not sure what she meant now hahah

• Haha
Oh god, maybe I've actually misunderstood the Zoom point 😅 Not sure what she meant now hahah
yeah I don't get why you would want a busy background for comedy imo. I get people wanting books to try and appear intelligent for work calls :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Oh no it looks like she’s considering painting the kitchen tiles now too. Because the bathroom went so well!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sharing print screens cos it’s more delicious chaos, I don’t even mean this in a nasty laughing at her way, I’m genuinely in shock anyone could do THIS bad a job?

(also ngl the kitchen is clearly filthy pls clean those kick boards, it’ll actually impact how paints and adhesives stick hun!!!)

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Sharing print screens cos it’s more delicious chaos, I don’t even mean this in a nasty laughing at her way, I’m genuinely in shock anyone could do THIS bad a job?

(also ngl the kitchen is clearly filthy pls clean those kick boards, it’ll actually impact how paints and adhesives stick hun!!!)
I don't understand what's so offensive about the kitchen that she wants to change it.

Her kitchen floor looks grim. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 7

exactly she needs to clean it and declutter it more than anything!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.