Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Sofie ever claims to be healthy, and if they're happy in the body they're in, that's fine. No one owes anyone else health.
I agree. I just think we'd be making the same comments if this was a straight size person too. Like if a size 10 was eating four chocolate mousses for breakfast followed by a hectic day of lying around in their own filth, eyebrows would be raised.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
EXACTLY! If some skinny minnie influenza posted a day in the life video of them laying on the sofa in their crusty flat, picking eye bogies and whining about their email inbox, they’d be roasted up and down this site too!

What Sofie doesn’t get is that people don’t dislike her because she’s a fat bastard, people dislike her because she’s profoundly self obsessed, a dick to her fans and oh yes abuses her dog!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was thinking this too, her lifestyle isn't tit because she's fat..it's tit because it's tit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s easy to do the healthy at any size mantra when you’re overweight and in your 20s or early 30s. You are young and can cope with it. But it really, really hits you when you hit your mid to late 30s. If you don’t look after yourself even in a basic way, you feel like tit. Sofie is coming up to that age where she will feel the affects of that diet and zero exercise so much more.

I am overweight and follow some Instagram influencers who are plus size and still manage to be active. You can definitely tell the difference between someone who is naturally bigger but eats well and looks after themselves and someone who is completely sedentary.
YES. HAES is supposed to involve...trying to be healthy

E.g. https://danceswithfat.org/

And so many more

Reactions: 2
I know it's awful but she makes me want to go on a diet.
I think this is a bit harsh tbh
I have put on loads of weight recently and I know I need to lose it, but that said look at what she eats and what it makes me think is that I need to eat better to not feel so tit . Her diet is just awful and I feel SO awful for her dog

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Let's just hope Sofie is being dramatic about staying inside all day and making it up just for silly reels and stuff and Hank actually sees sunlight and gets fresh air 🥲🥲🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I think this is a bit harsh tbh
I have put on loads of weight recently and I know I need to lose it, but that said look at what she eats and what it makes me think is that I need to eat better to not feel so tit . Her diet is just awful and I feel SO awful for her dog
I think we all feel the same really. Sofie’s videos are sort of inspirational for being so uninspiring, she makes eating crappy but expensive food look so unappealing cos she does it in a grubby flat in a grubby dressing gown whining about how lazy she feels!

God knows my eating patterns aren’t perfect, I stacked it on over Christmas and I can’t help but think there’s my own internalised fatphobia mixed in with my reactions to her day in the life videos, but honestly? there’s nothing like the depraved prospect of four choc mousses for breakfast and ordering a subway in for lunch to make me want to reach for fresh veg and go out in the fresh air :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think we all feel the same really. Sofie’s videos are sort of inspirational for being so uninspiring, she makes eating crappy but expensive food look so unappealing cos she does it in a grubby flat in a grubby dressing gown whining about how lazy she feels!

God knows my eating patterns aren’t perfect, I stacked it on over Christmas and I can’t help but think there’s my own internalised fatphobia mixed in with my reactions to her day in the life videos, but honestly? there’s nothing like the depraved prospect of four choc mousses for breakfast and ordering a subway in for lunch to make me want to reach for fresh veg and go out in the fresh air :LOL:
So true! when I used to do intermittent fasting, on fast days I would watch food challenge videos on youtube as it made the thought of eating anything make me feel sick after watching people downing boxes of doughnuts :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is hilarious.

I try and consider if it is my fatphobia. Like I know I'm not fully on board with the whole thing, I think it is probably nicer to be able to stand? I think human bodies were designed to be able to stand? I don't know. Complicated, init.

But I *do* know that I am so bewildered by her audience who watch those day in the life videos and are like 'yes, this is amazing' and not 'oh god, I really like Sofie, I hope she's ok and/or got some fresh air today'.

Just crack a window, Sofie. Let some air flow.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
are we actually sure Sofie can't STAND UP without assistance or is this just a Tattle meme, it's been mentioned on this thread a few times :LOL::LOL:

I have to say I don't recall seeing her do so - actually quite hard remembering the last story when she wasn't horizontal!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm not particularly fatphobic. I liked Sofie's book. I read it because I've always been on the larger side. At the smaller end of plus size now. But I don't want to be an immobile, pasty, friendless human being who never leaves the house and whose only social interaction is getting their scabby belly out on social media. She's very fortunate to be able to make a living from that. She certainly isn't funny.

Reactions: 12
are we actually sure Sofie can't STAND UP without assistance or is this just a Tattle meme, it's been mentioned on this thread a few times :LOL::LOL:

I have to say I don't recall seeing her do so - actually quite hard remembering the last story when she wasn't horizontal!!
Hahahaha - I think it came about when she was painting her shed sat in a deckchair?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hahahaha - I think it came about when she was painting her shed sat in a deckchair?
it was from when she was doing the side part and was kind of wedged in wasn't it? How anyone can watch her content and not just find it depressing I do not know

Reactions: 1
it was from when she was doing the side part and was kind of wedged in wasn't it? How anyone can watch her content and not just find it depressing I do not know
Yeah she was sat on a bucket or something and couldn't get off it. The thing about HAES is like... ok, people can definitely be fat and healthy, to an extent. Fat people can run marathons and eat clean and not smoke and live as long as a thin person.... but Sofie doesn't eat well, exercise, even get fresh air. She doesn't even try to do things to make her feel mentally healthy. We know going for walks, and getting the right vitamins is good for your brain.... being fat doesn't stop you doing those things. Unless it does, in which case you can stop pretending to be healthy.

• Heart
the "4 chocolate mousses for breakfast" thing reminded me so much of my behaviour when i had problems with binge eating. Buy something in 4 separate pots and swear to yourself you'll only eat one a day, then you eat one, want another, then you're thinking "oh well, had 2 now, might as well just eat the lot"..... regardless of how you feel about weight and size, it's just not healthy behaviour. (I thought at first it was supposed to be a joke as she's a "comedian" but none of the rest of the video was funny 🤷‍♀️)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
the "4 chocolate mousses for breakfast" thing reminded me so much of my behaviour when i had problems with binge eating. Buy something in 4 separate pots and swear to yourself you'll only eat one a day, then you eat one, want another, then you're thinking "oh well, had 2 now, might as well just eat the lot"..... regardless of how you feel about weight and size, it's just not healthy behaviour. (I thought at first it was supposed to be a joke as she's a "comedian" but none of the rest of the video was funny 🤷‍♀️)
I’ve struggled with binge eating too and yeah, on my worst days I would not be able to stop at one. It’s like being an alcoholic and buying a bottle of wine, with the intention of only having one glass. Just doesn’t work.

I suppose at least she’s honest about what she eats. There are a lot of HAES types who claim they’re 300lb but live on carrot sticks and water.

oh LOL 100%! it's the reason I never buy pringles, I can't just have a few and leave it in the cupboard ;)

poor Sofie downs the lot, then in a sick twist posts the act on social media, then to make things worse a bunch of enabling people message her about how hilarious and transgressive she's being for doing all that!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.