Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do respect that Sofie is up front that due to mental health the Patreon content might not be consistent... versus creators who make promises about content they don’t keep, or just ignore their Patreon altogether. I was subbed for a bit until I got put off by how hostile and hypocritical their behaviour on SM became.
same here, the hostility really upset me, and yes I am a snowflake

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ah yes my friend said they did come across well on podcasts so I should listen to challenge my bias, although the Instagram stories are making it really hard to drag myself over there 😂
Bad People which is back on BBC Sounds is good and Sofie comes across surprisingly nuanced. Made of Human was good although I question how much Sofie wants to get out of their bubble these days which makes it less interesting....I'd recommend the early episodes with Ben Bailey Smith, Charlotte Cooper and Richard Osman. Cooper is in particular critical of some of the shallower forms of fat activism which is interesting. I don't follow Sofie on insta, I think I won't start!

Reactions: 1
She really seems to double down, I don’t think they have much self awareness when it comes to things like that

Reactions: 1
Ah I thought it was the same one that started on Twitter which they shared and then stalked the person across various social media.

I'm reading this thread backwards so I'm playing catch up 😇

First heard of Sofie on Richard Herring's podcast (RH I have some issues with as well, but that's for another thread) and my impressions were she sounded nice enough, she has a lovely voice, not sure I can remember too much about their conversation other than the topics discussed here but it struck me that she was VERY sure of herself. She said something akin to "I know I'm immensely talented". She didn't even just say it once, she said it numerous times.

Listening to it I thought, well, she's confident, maybe it's lost in translation because she's Danish.

There's also a long Sofie Hagen thread (which I think she referred to when she talks of online trolls discussing her) under lolcows* (I won't link to it as I don't think it's allowed anyway) elsewhere on the internet. I think it's a US-based influencer troll site but it is MUCH more vicious and un-PC than Tattle could ever be. In fact I was put off reading it as it seems to just consist of immature men (mostly) who hate the idea of a strident feminist being so fat (hardly the worst crime in the world, but I get that Sofie has her er, foibles, that make her hard to like at times).

Anyway, just my meagre two pence so far.

Edit: Oh, and her dog Hank is beautiful - he has the same droopy/sad face as my favourite dog-friend who is a Dogue De Bordeaux and he seems like a similar breed (he's my niece's dog but we're very close/I babysit him). OMG, these dogs need a LOT of walking and they get boisterous if they don't.

A dog would give their life for you, the very least you could do is offer him a good lifestyle, make some memories and keep him healthy.

*They also hate Lindy West who has written some amazingly witty articles. So, meh
**She's non-binary, so I should be saying they rather than her. Oops. Honestly, I've been on and off the gay scene most of my adult life (I'm straight but go with friends) and don't understand this new mindset/new additions to the LGBTQ.. acronym. I suppose as Sofie would say I'M STILL LEARNING :censored:

You can say she. It’s in her pronouns.
Phew 😬

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
How are you doing @mystic29 ? Have you had a lot of messages from their followers?
No thank god! She didn’t publish my name thankfully. The frustrating thing was I was honestly just trying to nicely say that I thought maybe she was over reacting, but that if it felt wrong to her then I respected that. I honestly was not expecting her to react like that 🤦‍♀️. I’ve definitely lost the last bit of respect I had for her. She’s being ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
No thank god! She didn’t publish my name thankfully. The frustrating thing was I was honestly just trying to nicely say that I thought maybe she was over reacting, but that if it felt wrong to her then I respected that. I honestly was not expecting her to react like that 🤦‍♀️. I’ve definitely lost the last bit of respect I had for her. She’s being ridiculous.
Your message was very kindly worded and respectful and it was awful of Sofie to react in such an over the top and rude way.

• Heart
View attachment 513836
How can she not know that male dogs scent mark?! Is she really that stupid?!
I read that post and thought, what a load of old wank. Maybe she's trying to take a comedic slant, but, WTF? Don't try to project your issues onto an animal for god's sake. Treat a dog like a dog.

And, as others are saying, either WALK YOUR DOG or re-home him. It's that simple.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s a relief @mystic29
i read that and the Twitter one and was just baffled both times as to why they‘d reacted like that. I used to really like their stuff but I don’t want to follow someone with the constant fear that if I say the wrong thing by accident they might turn on me and bring a big gang with them to beat me up after school. For someone who has talked about being bullied she does a great job of bullying others.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Their latest stories...they don’t think ‘lazy’ exists. It’s ironic that the epitome of lazy doesn’t think lazy is a thing. I can’t deal with how they use mental health and trauma to exude being lazy AF - it’s almost as if the whole thing is just a pisstake?! Just no accountability for their life at all!!!

Their latest stories...they don’t think ‘lazy’ exists. It’s ironic that the epitome of lazy doesn’t think lazy is a thing. I can’t deal with how they use mental health and trauma to exude being lazy AF - it’s almost as if the whole thing is just a pisstake?! Just no accountability for their life at all!!!
Yeah there’s a balance surely? I do absolutely agree that a lot people are quick to brand things lazy which actually are linked to disabilities, and you cant measure productivity in the same way for everyone because we all have different bodies and limits etc.

But equally I know I can be lazy! I will have a lazy day and lie around and do nothing, or I’ll put off a task for no other reason than I don’t fancy doing it. That is me being lazy. But I don’t berate myself or believe I need to be doing busy/productive things all day long to make my time valuable. Doesn’t mean lazy as a concept exists at all, it just might appear differently to different people.

Screenshot_20210413-155800.png

I've squiggled as they're not a blue ticker (though their initials are CB and they've appeared on the Vonny thread 🤪)

• Heart
Omg lolololol she doesn't think "lazy" exists. I love it, il have to try and use that one when I cba to do anything.

• Haha
View attachment 527512
I've squiggled as they're not a blue ticker (though their initials are CB and they've appeared on the Vonny thread 🤪)
A lot of Insta influencers do this. Move to an area they’re not from then suggest locals are thugs / it’s dangerous / they’re at risk. It’s gross and perpetuates horrible racist and classist tropes, the Twitter squiggle was right to call her out. Shame she’ll be doxed now.

Reactions: 7
A lot of Insta influencers do this. Move to an area they’re not from then suggest locals are thugs / it’s dangerous / they’re at risk. It’s gross and perpetuates horrible racist and classist tropes, the Twitter squiggle was right to call her out. Shame she’ll be doxed now.
A consequence of gentrification. These idiots like working class until they have to live with them.

• Heart
I honestly can’t. I’d forgotten I was still subscribed to their newsletter until I got a notification about a new one today.
5 paragraphs into the story they were telling and bam “This ended up being a much longer and much more intense post, so I put it up on my Patreon instead. Sorry for the unintentional clickbait.”

Wtf? I’m subscribed to a few people’s newsletters and never seen crap like this.

From them being so so opposed to having a personal Patreon (and for the record, I paid for that for a while when I was still a fan), to using a newsletter, a free perk, to bait people like she’s a newspaper putting articles behind a paywall?

Totally understandable to link the Patreon in the newsletter / promote it, but damn that was not classy.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.