Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait so Sofie hasn't had a period in over 4 months... Isn't that something they should talk to their doctor about

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Really interesting thread, thank you for an entertaining read. First became aware of Sofie after their tirade against Cancer Research on Twitter for supposed fat phobia and the subsequent blocking of anyone who disagreed with them and labelling the supposed offenders as Nazis.

I’m friends with a couple of Danish guys, they say Sofie wasn’t popular at all in Denmark and when I said they had now established themselves in the UK they were quite surprised. Some Danish followers may however correct me on this!

If you need an antidote to the mob I would highly recommend Africa Brooke. Her lives are very insightful and, IMHO, she talks a lot of sense.

So no one is allowed to suggest Sophie is upset but it’s ok for her to say that everyone else is 🤔

Reactions: 7
Sofie’s stories today are absolutely hilarious. She’s completely lost it.
Constantly telling people you’re NOT AT ALL bothered usually makes it seem like you feel the opposite.

Also berating someone with several (if not more) responses is not a measured and calm way to reply at all.

I really find them obnoxious and unbearable, I don’t understand why so many like them.

Constantly telling people you’re NOT AT ALL bothered usually makes it seem like you feel the opposite.

Also berating someone with several (if not more) responses is not a measured and calm way to reply at all.

I really find them obnoxious and unbearable, I don’t understand why so many like them.
I know what you mean. I still really like them on podcasts but I just don't think they're suited to social media (in any form!).

Reactions: 3
I know what you mean. I still really like them on podcasts but I just don't think they're suited to social media (in any form!).
Ah yes my friend said they did come across well on podcasts so I should listen to challenge my bias, although the Instagram stories are making it really hard to drag myself over there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Bloody hell, someone has got too much time on their hands to dedicate this level of attention to someone saying "that's not funny".

• Haha
Reactions: 5
On her ‘take your meds and wash your face’ story I’m tempted to reply ‘and walk your dog!’

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow. They’re still going on this. “I have so much trauma”? Me too, lots of people do in fact. Nothing about this level of investigation in to one comment, which was so mild when compared to the really abusive stuff I’m sure is sent their way on a daily basis, is healthy. I also see nothing that relates to their weight. I’m sure a lot of the messages they’re receiving are trying to say that really gently and kindly but Sophie seems to have blown this up into something so huge no one else gets to have any opinion.

Even if I was on their side, how would I express my support? “Yay go you for checking into every part of a persons social media presence, making decisions from that about their life, dreams and whether they’re succeeding, tearing them down, making sure we could do the same and then posting on and on about this to prove how much you don’t care. Yay....”

• Heart
Wow. They’re still going on this. “I have so much trauma”? Me too, lots of people do in fact. Nothing about this level of investigation in to one comment, which was so mild when compared to the really abusive stuff I’m sure is sent their way on a daily basis, is healthy. I also see nothing that relates to their weight. I’m sure a lot of the messages they’re receiving are trying to say that really gently and kindly but Sophie seems to have blown this up into something so huge no one else gets to have any opinion.

Even if I was on their side, how would I express my support? “Yay go you for checking into every part of a persons social media presence, making decisions from that about their life, dreams and whether they’re succeeding, tearing them down, making sure we could do the same and then posting on and on about this to prove how much you don’t care. Yay....”
Find this so strange about them - as you say, a LOT of people have pretty intense traumas. A lot of people have CPTSD. It’s not an excuse the way they wield it, or something that makes you “stronger” or more “resilient” than others. Their therapists are just...not good and/or they aren’t doing the actual work.

Find this so strange about them - as you say, a LOT of people have pretty intense traumas. A lot of people have CPTSD. It’s not an excuse the way they wield it, or something that makes you “stronger” or more “resilient” than others. Their therapists are just...not good and/or they aren’t doing the actual work.
I can’t believe they have two therapists....how do they afford that?

Reactions: 3
I can’t believe they have two therapists....how do they afford that?
At 389 Patreons with the lowest tier of membership at £5, that’s a minimum of £2.3k pcm (prior to fees and taxes). In fairness she seems to provide a lot of content for her subs, unlike Jack Monroe who is just a sponsored pauper.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
At 389 Patreons with the lowest tier of membership at £5, that’s a minimum of £2.3k pcm (prior to fees and taxes). In fairness she seems to provide a lot of content for her subs, unlike Jack Monroe who is just a sponsored pauper.
I do respect that Sofie is up front that due to mental health the Patreon content might not be consistent... versus creators who make promises about content they don’t keep, or just ignore their Patreon altogether. I was subbed for a bit until I got put off by how hostile and hypocritical their behaviour on SM became.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.