Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody signed up to make the kidney bean and pineapple curry yet? Or the ham, mint and pea casserole? I’m down for either

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I would humbly request that those of you who live with other people play it completely straight. "Just trying a new recipe, what do you think?" We need impartial reviewers!
Yeah this is my plan. Partly because my Old Harold will think I’ve genuinely lost my mind if I tell him about the slop-a-thon! He’s a very nice man so I suspect I’m going to get a ‘this is lovely but I’m not really very hungry’ reaction. Can’t wait!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Frauleins und Herrens, i come to you a disappointment. After a particularly unsettled night, my OH offered me a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea in bed for breakfast and I couldn’t bring myself to decline in favour of a crappucino. I shall take up the mantle tomorrow!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
So when are others planning to do the slop-along? I'm going for Monday as i have groceries being delivered over the weekend but I have a couple of things to use up before that.

I'll upload my performative stock take list later and fart about online as part of my 100 hour week.
I plan a hangover tomorrow so will be the perfect time to slop away and feed it. I’m worried my Love Parmigiana may be too safe, or am I just a silly ninny and giving credit?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m obsessed with every last one of you. Absolutely sublime.

I screenshotted the recipe lists and chose one at random by stabbing the screen and zooming in. Mega thanks to @Notmycat for this FORENSIC work and also, lol, RIP my camera roll:

View attachment 1702112

Please, @That Forensic Man, can I have rhubarb and custard pancakes for my sins? And please can you share the recipe @Notmycat. Thank space you.

I don’t like custard so I really am starting on the back foot here.

Will make next week as am out of office 🔺 at the mo.
Your work was not in vain, dear heart. I used your screen shot and got 'sleepy potatoes' whatever than means 🤷🏼‍♀️ @That Forensic Man would you be so kind as to add me to the list, and @Notmycat do you happen to have this recipe? I'm excited to find out whether the potatoes are sleepy or whether I will become sleepy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I would humbly request that those of you who live with other people play it completely straight. "Just trying a new recipe, what do you think?" We need impartial reviewers!
My OH is actually on Tattle and has posted (briefly) on the Jack threads so would clock it immediately.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
One of my favourite things is espinacas con garbanzos, so, if no one has already chosen it I'd like to do this spinach, chickpeas and bread , just to see how far off the original it it. I can tell from the photo that it's missing most of the spinach.

Reactions: 15
Is your OH Matt Tebbutt?
[/QUOTE]
I wish dear heart, I wish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I’ll have to wait until next weekend. I’m BUSY at work this week with loads of long meetings so as we are tasting as well, I don’t want to risk 💩 at work from eating what looks like a bowl of green oily ectoplasmic effluent from the X Files.

Also, in homage to the original, I wish to do research into all the supermarkets to determine the cheapest one

A616200C-1398-4ADC-86C9-C6260D06AA5F.jpeg

and then a performative yomp to the most middle class one, before kneeling on the floor, “palming” things and crying, so I’d like to ensure my audience for that is as large as possible a la Leggy’s busy branch of Sainsbos in central london.

Finally, as I’m married, and as who knows what Jack and Leggy’s sexytime pasta will lead to, that sexytime needs to be negotiated and carefully scheduled long in advance. I learned this from Patron Saint of Sali Hughes. Although she does say in her special book of handy hints and tips you should pre-schedule sexytime before eating in case you get too full, but I’m not sure that’s going to be an issue here.

PS I’m not going to schedule it anywhere other than in my own mind and here, so the entire thing will be a lovely treat for Mr V.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
View attachment 1701403Given that I am also as Greek as Prince William and our smol pixie, I feel it only right to attempt a recipe from the motherland. I was searching for the ‘much feted’ pastitos recipe, but couldn’t find it. If anyone can track it down I’ll do that, and if not I’ll attempt the delicious sounding courgette and Greek cheese pasta (does this mean feta, or halloumi?) stay tuned to find out.
Yes, courgettes, that vegetable that grows in the summer, are “perfect for lunch all year round” 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.