Slopalong: Cooking with Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been shopping for the pineapple chicken and forgot to buy the pineapple rings . I am aiming to marinate the chicken on Saturday evening so it's ready for cooking on Sunday, so I still have time to go back. I need to get cheap printer paper as well, which might end up being the more edible option of the two.

Reactions: 40
I will make Brie and Bacon Risotto (since Brie is on my shopping list for tomorrow anyway) from a Girl Called Jack. I have the recipe from her website but please can you post the
book recipe @Notmycat in case the two are different? Thankspaceyou in advance for all you do.

Reactions: 22
How the hell does she get away with recipes that don't list the ingredients properly and are not proper portions??
She giving these recipes away FOR FREE! Povs should be grateful for anything they get. So what if none of it makes sense, they probably can't read anyway.

Reactions: 38
She giving these recipes away FOR FREE! Povs should be grateful for anything they get. So what if none of it makes sense, they probably can't read anyway.
Or do the maths. The measurements *do* add up, they're just too dense to figure them out!

Reactions: 17
I would like anyone who claims Jack Monroe 'does a lot of good' to make and eat one of her slops.

Or better still, read here and save yourself the cash and the time.

Her recipes are an act of violence.

Reactions: 57
What on earth is silent courgette cake?

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.