Slopalong #3 She doesn't understand beans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
addendum

ive washed up, put everything away and there's some weird fucking gunk still in my sink and I am fully blaming the boring old coke hag

Reactions: 24
Looks absolutely vile. The best looking part of the whole thing was undoubtedly your homemade lemon curd - which I will be giving a go (I've got a lemon tree*! Fancy! Always meaning to try lemon recipes).

*ETA I should say it's really my LANDLORD'S, not mine. I RENT!

Reactions: 16
Now that's a proper Jackslop!
What is your rating dear heart?

0 - Dog shit
1- Dire
2 - Terrible
3 - Middle class
4 - Inhale greedily
5 - Ovary groaner
S - Stolen

Reactions: 9
@kachoochoo did you and your buttered tenderstem have this for breakfast today?

we ended up having it this morning

mr kcc's review was as follows

"insipid"
"needed half a kilo of sugar"
"bit of a faff for not much reward"

which, lbr, sums up a lot of jack's repertoire

Reactions: 19
@Notmycat Im going to attempt the ‘Placenta Pudding’ (Berry Bread Pudding). I’ve got your screenshot of the recipe. It says you can add sugar - see tip. The tip talks about custard. Is there another page with a tip of how much sugar to add? Otherwise I’m going to make it as stated no sugar. Am scared. But I do live near one of the filming locations of Call the Midwife so maybe it won’t be all bad.

Reactions: 13
Ive just gone thru the ebook forensically, do you want me to stop breathing???

That said while it does refer in the recipe to a tip about sugar, there is no tip in the ebook about sugar at all, so I wish you well, godspeed my friend. Ill write messages on twitter about how you are getting on in ICU and use that as a reason not to fulfil my paetron

Reactions: 17

take it from me - ADD SUGAR

mr kcc's final thoughts on the oats were

"no criticism on you, but it wasn't visually appealing. it looked like someone had been ill"

Reactions: 20
Thank god it's not just me - I always thought baked oats had eggs in but hadn't googled to check!

Looked bloody rank @kachoochoo but I'm sure your lemon curd was the best bit. If it's any consolation I'm still not over the mandarin Roman Pasta.

Reactions: 14
Thank god it's not just me - I always thought baked oats had eggs in but hadn't googled to check!

Looked bloody rank @kachoochoo but I'm sure your lemon curd was the best bit. If it's any consolation I'm still not over the mandarin Roman Pasta.

nope, no egg except the one in the lemon curd

i really don't understand why ppl keep saying my lemon curd was the best bit... it was liquid, not even a curd!

OH!!!

against the backdrop of the oats, i suppose it might have been ok

for me, the raspberries and then the added sugar to make it palatable were the best bits

Reactions: 17
OH has just come home early. He knows nothing of this site and nothing of Jack, he doesn’t really do social media.

He’s looked in the oven and asked why I’ve got a placenta cooking in there

Berry Bread Pudding (aka Placenta Pudding)
I made this for a dinner party for 12 strangers, having travelled all day with the main course held in my bare hands as I’ve no money for a rucksack. When I arrived at the party I realised I had left the pudding at home in my kitchen 300 miles away. I had taken several trains, a pedalo and a zip wire to get here so couldn’t go back and retrieve the pudding. Whilst pondering all this I happened to step in a puddle and lo and behold a bag of frozen berries and a loaf of bread were bobbing gently in the puddle. Hallelujah the day had been saved.
Or
I had bread and frozen berries in the freezer

Ingredients
400g frozen mixed berries
8 slices cheap white bread
Spread for greasing

instructions
Cook the berries in a saucepan over a medium heat for 15 minutes don’t let it boil. Cut the bread on to quarters then each quarter in to quarters. It’s a lot of bread. So so much bread.

then add the bread pieces to the saucepan. So much bread!

leave to soak for 15 minutes

put in a greased 20cm tin she says to pour out excess juice there wasn’t any bake for 40 minutes

The pudding tastes absolutely disgusting. I stuck to the original recipe and didn’t add any sugar. Im
Not sure sugar would save it. The texture is both gloopy and solid at the same time The flavour is just weird. Kind of bready and stodgy with a weird aftertaste. Not exactly bitter like I was expecting. Just weird. I can’t quite explain it. OH won’t go anywhere near it. Unicorn offspring who will normally eat pretty much anything poked it and won’t even try a tiny bit.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 51
Wtf. Berries and bread, baked?

Is there a picture of what she thinks it should look like?

Reactions: 13
I think the thing my cat puked up last week looked more appetising and that regurgitation had a mouse tail visible.

Reactions: 15
Not sure if the video will work. A lovely sound effect of the placenta. Only for the brave. You have been warned!

Attachments

Your browser is not able to display this video.
Reactions: 33
It looks like a mashup between summer pudding and bread and butter pudding but arsed up as usual. Summer pudding has a higher berry to bread ratio as well as sugar, and bread and butter pudding has custard for moisture (I make an ace B&BP with stollen and homemade custard). I'm sure that something could be done with the idea but not in the mad pixie-botherer's hands.

Reactions: 20