Slopalong #3 She doesn't understand beans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The new ebook is online. So if anyone wants the recipes for a slopalong @ me and I will add

Surprisingly her thumbnail looks clean-ish but to be honest I wouldn't be keen to eat anything Jack's mitts touched (whether it was her recipe or not)

My friend is here at the moment, she works in a hospital lab and looked over at my screen and innocently asked me why am I looking at lab samples in dishes.
I would add that only the following 10 are allegedly new (from Grifty Kitchen)
The remaining 20 are originally from COAB, TCC or V so if anyone wants to do those I'll note them down as from their original source
Thankyou for all you do tender stem

COURGETTE AND CHEESE SODA BREAD ✅
RASPBERRY AND LEMON CURD BAKED OATS ✅
ROASTED COURGETTE AND RED LENTIL SOUP
GARLIC BREAD RIBOLLITA
LENTIL KEEMA
CRAB RAREBIT
CHEAT ‘N’ SOUR CHICKEN
SAUSAGE AND CHICKPEA CURRY
CHICKEN, HAM AND MUSHROOMS IN A FANCY HAT
CHOCOLATE ORANGE THUMBPRINTS

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It’s been mentioned on the MT, but there area lot of “flavour variations“ of existing recipes isn’t there? Fish paste pasta, thumbprint cookies, fizzy pop chicken, baked oats.

THat berry bread pudding abomination looks like something from Call the Midwife.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
That cheat and sour chicken sounds an absolute abomination.

Am I brave enough to try it…

Nope.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why in the name of the sacred pumble is she cooking already cooked tinned sardines in the oven for thirty bloody minutes?

My old Harold has returned from his Christmas/New Year trip but I think if I tried to serve him canned sardines that I’ve dried out in the oven for half an hour he’ll be straight on the ferry back to Maman.

That cheat and sour chicken sounds an absolute abomination.

Am I brave enough to try it…

Nope.
It’s nicked from Slimming World, I think. Just buy an Uncle Ben jar of sweet & sour sauce, FFS.

Reactions: 13
@That Forensic Man

Lads— I’m gonna try the Dishoom ripoff Black Bean Dhal as I have just checked and I’ve got all the ingredients in.

However, the first thing that has struck me from reading the recipe, is the amount of garlic in it!!! ONE WHOLE bulb or FOUR TABLESPOONS of garlic paste!! 😭

Will report back laterzzz!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
fine. here i am. i said i would when the ebook landed. i just never thought the day would actually come

see, i even put it on my own to do list

20230105_194219.jpg

at @Geetbo 's (thanks, pal) suggestion, i will take on that placenta pudding thing over the weekend

now duck off 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Ok. Here too (reeling from 4tabs of garlic paste- that’s an entire jar). Since the recipes are a pile of shite…

When I’ve finished in the shop tomorrow I’m going to donate £10 to our local independent bookshop and that will bring total donated to £50. I can’t provide receipts because they are very 🔺 for both of us. Apologies.

Reactions: 16
I'm "tempted" by the "keema"...
Unfortunately I'm away for the next couple of weekends so it will have to wait.

Reactions: 12
I might have a go at the cookies, because how bad could they be? And my child would enjoy making them with me.

Also, shocked to see botulism bag pesto recipe there.

🦉 🍾 at the little known dishoom getting a mention

• Haha
Reactions: 18
fine. so i see that ive been assigned the lemon curd and raspberry baked oats,

what have i let myself in for?

wtf is this?

20230105_234033.jpg

i know she says she doesn't eat sugar, but moisture?? my kingdom for moisture!

added the ingredients to my shopping list for tomorrow and got mr kcc to find our smallest baking tin. if i can't get lemon curd, i SHAN'T get marmalade cos it's horrible. I'll think of something

done a donation to a foodbank on the other side of town cos i think they may need it more

20230105_233911.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
40 minutes in the oven! The oats will be crisp to say the least (and it’s not very energy-saving unless you are cooking something else at the same time). Good luck!

The raspberry oats would be better not going in the oven! Just in the fridge to make overnight oats. FFS.
Also, there’s a small indie I used to eat at in Shoreditch called Dishoom. It does some nice food, based on the Iranian cafes in Mumbai run by zorostranians from Iran, so it’s Indian food with a Farsi background. Not just “Indian”.

Reactions: 18
The raspberry oats would be better not going in the oven! Just in the fridge to make overnight oats. FFS.
Also, there’s a small indie I used to eat at in Shoreditch called Dishoom. It does some nice food, based on the Iranian cafes in Mumbai run by zorostranians from Iran, so it’s Indian food with a Farsi background. Not just “Indian”.
this time though, the oats will be ovened!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My local food bank has this on their website:

Our foodbank is a project founded by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in our local area.

However, elsewhere they say seeded by the Trussel Trust. I'm not too sure what they mean. Are they an independent group in the TT network, did TT give them some help to start up? And are they suitable for a donation or should I look for another local charity?

Reactions: 5
My local food bank has this on their website:

Our foodbank is a project founded by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in our local area.

However, elsewhere they say seeded by the Trussel Trust. I'm not too sure what they mean. Are they an independent group in the TT network, did TT give them some help to start up? And are they suitable for a donation or should I look for another local charity?
You can give to TT if you want to. Just, lots of us don’t want to any more.

Reactions: 7
You can give to TT if you want to. Just, lots of us don’t want to any more.
Or, if they're your best local bet, you could do what several other frauen and herren have and give them a food/supplies donation to the amount you would have given in cash.

Reactions: 10
I would add that only the following 10 are allegedly new (from Grifty Kitchen)
The remaining 20 are originally from COAB, TCC or V so if anyone wants to do those I'll note them down as from their original source
Thankyou for all you do tender stem

COURGETTE AND CHEESE SODA BREAD ✅
RASPBERRY AND LEMON CURD BAKED OATS ✅
ROASTED COURGETTE AND RED LENTIL SOUP
GARLIC BREAD RIBOLLITA
LENTIL KEEMA
CRAB RAREBIT
CHEAT ‘N’ SOUR CHICKEN
SAUSAGE AND CHICKPEA CURRY
CHICKEN, HAM AND MUSHROOMS IN A FANCY HAT
CHOCOLATE ORANGE THUMBPRINTS
I’ve got lentils left from the aubergine monstrosity that’s still repeating on me I’ll try the keema if no one else has offered.

Reactions: 10