Slopalong #2 You can’t polish a turd, but you can cover it in parsley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well played Flirtatious one, great job, and beautiful pooch too.
i love - actually LOVE this thread but it makes me so furious that people continue to buy into this shit, knowing it helps nobody.

nutritional content interesting too - especially as the calorie content is <200 per portion and Jack served hers with a portion of spinach after a 6m run. Very concerned this was allowed past an editor.

Reactions: 39
ETA further thoughts in spoiler...

Reactions: 13
That bread tho.
I’m ready for another slop, I’m away this weekend but on annual leave Monday please no bread. Open to other suggestions

Reactions: 15
Another for the fantasy recipes - she never made this either. Waste of time and money again.

Also: unctuous means GREASY, you fool. It's not a good word to associate with food.

Reactions: 30
That recipe is a crime against curry. I’ve seen better ones in student cookbooks.

Reactions: 15
My slop is in the oven. It actually smells okay but I’m hedging my bets. Hope Jack forgives me for using THAT MAN’s salt.

Reactions: 35
I knew this was going to be bad but didn't expect it to be that bad. 3 whole onions! Plus you had to make 3 corrections to get the job done for oil then water twice, not good. It's supposed to be a vindaloo but that's just offensive.
Also 'motion' approved

Now hand over Jasper

Thankyou HoC x
I think 20g of butter would have done the job and I only had olive oil not sunflower or 'groundnut' (peanut). Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen olive oil in her recipes.
It said to slice the onions but finely diced or chopped would be better for a sauce, not great big 2" pieces.
It's shocking the sauce has 1 whole tsp fennel seeds but FlirtyThirty's 'vindaloo' has only 1/8 tsp!

Utterly dire. I'll add this video to the media gallery because then we can have them in the wiki as well.
And thankyou for doing the Courgette, Sultana & Lemon Bread tender one x
Would you say both of these are a 1 - dire?

Reactions: 27
That bread being cut sounds like me when I’m greedy goblin-ing my way through 2 packets of Hula Hoops

Reactions: 30
Don't know if this has been said before but these threads are total slop and roll to me.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.