Slimmingworldxgemx #2 Reading books like one breathes air but doesn’t know if it’s there or their

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it really right that if you use a staff discount to buy something, you need to show ‘ad’ on any pics of it on Instagram? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Probably not as but maybe affiliate link? Or brand ambassador? She doesn’t mark plenty, that isn’t from her work anyways

Reactions: 1
She knows she's being a dick anyway. Even when she does bother to put 'AD' or 'Affiliate' or 'gifted' it's so small and discreet you give yourself eye strain looking for it.

That alone is against the rules. Rules state it has to be CLEAR and OBVIOUS to the consumer (because that's what she's hoping we are) that it is an advertisement. She's not the only one that is sneaky like this, but she knows full well what she is doing.

Reactions: 5
She knows she's being a dick anyway. Even when she does bother to put 'AD' or 'Affiliate' or 'gifted' it's so small and discreet you give yourself eye strain looking for it.

That alone is against the rules. Rules state it has to be CLEAR and OBVIOUS to the consumer (because that's what she's hoping we are) that it is an advertisement. She's not the only one that is sneaky like this, but she knows full well what she is doing.
deffo pisses me off this. In white in a corner behind the writing- she’s a sneak. Winds me up how I used to think she was inspiring. She’s so Bree 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to really like Gemma, I thought she was beautiful and always put together really well but I started to feel bad sometimes when I looked at her. Every day she leaves the house perfect, I used to be like I’d ran through a hedge.
I watched a make up live once and she showed what she used to do her make up and I looked at my primer, foundation, powder, blusher & mascara (which are all expensive) and thought I wouldn’t even know where to start putting on all of that never mind pay for it all.
I would say I have a really well paid job but I can’t afford to spend the way she does and it made me question what I was doing wrong. I know it’s probably a bit of jealousy as well but I do think these influencers need to think about how they make people feel.
Declare those #AD, declare when they are getting a discount, show that they are not buying those gifted items & be genuinely happy and show they are grateful for everything they receive, it might make people feel that wee bit better.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I used to really like Gemma, I thought she was beautiful and always put together really well but I started to feel bad sometimes when I looked at her. Every day she leaves the house perfect, I used to be like I’d ran through a hedge.
I watched a make up live once and she showed what she used to do her make up and I looked at my primer, foundation, powder, blusher & mascara (which are all expensive) and thought I wouldn’t even know where to start putting on all of that never mind pay for it all.
I would say I have a really well paid job but I can’t afford to spend the way she does and it made me question what I was doing wrong. I know it’s probably a bit of jealousy as well but I do think these influencers need to think about how they make people feel.
Declare those #AD, declare when they are getting a discount, show that they are not buying those gifted items & be genuinely happy and show they are grateful for everything they receive, it might make people feel that wee bit better.
This 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Perfectly said and I’m sure many many people feel the same x

• Heart
There's no way on earth they'd be spending their own cash on all of the high end products. They're 100% gifted or heavily discounted 😏 That's why they are reluctant to declare it they want people to think they are doing better than what they are..I think a lot of these "influencer" people are heavily in debt too half the time. Loans to do houses up, credit cards for the latest tat. All smoke and mirrors to impress strangers. How bloody sad they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Myself, like so many before me have posted on here that she was a nicer instagrammer !
someone who has maintened her weight loss with sw (no issue with people whogain weight just shifty hiders *cough* consultants)

we said she was a breath of fresh air that she wasn’t so in your face and seemed to only post things she buys and likes (remember all the jo malone from her wedding)!

then someone posts her linked in where she described herself as having a massive organic Instagram - the way she will sell herself to company’s to show she doesn’t buy followers / has followers that are engaging aka WORK WITH ME GUYS !
I felt so naive I almost booked a Kate and Toms stay that a group had gone on for a ‘girls trip’ well no it wasn’t a genuine girls trip it was a free for all PRESS TRIP that they went on and posted (like many of these products) because it was part of a contract rather than genuine love for the product.
In her own words:

View attachment 161310

while I admit I don’t know the ins and outs ofthe influencer role it is blatantly obvious to most that it is very big reward for very little effort. Let’s face it: a picture or story, however you style it up or have to faff your pictures you are being paid a 4 figure sum forsomething that that’s 10 seconds - at the very max 10 minutes.
Least you could do is be transparent with your followers and DECLARE WHERE IT IS AN AD.
Hello’s Fresh 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There's no way on earth they'd be spending their own cash on all of the high end products. They're 100% gifted or heavily discounted 😏 That's why they are reluctant to declare it they want people to think they are doing better than what they are..I think a lot of these "influencer" people are heavily in debt too half the time. Loans to do houses up, credit cards for the latest tat. All smoke and mirrors to impress strangers. How bloody sad they are.
100% this.
They would never buy the things themselves full price. That is why you never see or hear of them before or after the ads. Instagram is all smoke and mirrors, and good angles and lighting. You do not see the whole story. It’s actually a sad existence hiding half your life, and trying to style the other half that is in view

What sort of way is her arm bent holding that wine glass in her selfie??? So unnatural, she is an odd person.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Sometimes I wonder if it's just me but her captions literally make no sense. 'Transitioning from leggings to dresses pit stopping at converse in between'. What does that even mean????

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sometimes I wonder if it's just me but her captions literally make no sense. 'Transitioning from leggings to dresses pit stopping at converse in between'. What does that even mean????
Like everything in her life...it's a load of bollocks!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“Blown to Narnia” 😤 DOROTHY GETS BLOWN TO OZ!! It REALLY irritates me when she says the same things over and over again but gets it WRONG!!!!! Narnia is through the wardrobe...Oz by wind. FML! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I used to really like Gemma but I decided to unfollow her on Instagram (can’t remember why) and she unfollowed me seconds after I unfollowed her. It was clear she was using some sort of app that told her who was unfollowing her.

“Blown to Narnia” 😤 DOROTHY GETS BLOWN TO OZ!! It REALLY irritates me when she says the same things over and over again but gets it WRONG!!!!! Narnia is through the wardrobe...Oz by wind. FML! 🤦🏼‍♀️
But she’s a literary genius. She reads all the books. Are you sure you’re right and she’s wrong? I have faith that Gemma, the bookworm, knows what she’s talking about

• Haha
Reactions: 18
But she’s a literary genius. She reads all the books. Are you sure you’re right and she’s wrong? I have faith that Gemma, the bookworm, knows what she’s talking about
She says this ALL THE TIME 🤯 It really irritates me.

Reactions: 3
Read so many books theyre getting confused

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.