Slimmingworldxgemx #2 Reading books like one breathes air but doesn’t know if it’s there or their

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I saw her in the street I would not bloody recognise her to ask her if she was still married - she’s the worst cat fish there is.
Ha that’s true! She should do an angle masterclass!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve never posted on here before but I’ve noticed quite a few of my favourite Insta accounts going private or just not posting recently. Just to correct a few misguided statements on here: Gemma actually works for the group that owns/sells the brands she posts. You can assume she gets a hefty staff discount. If she chooses to post those perks on Insta, that’s her choice - that’s her life. Also, we work in the same industry and I bumped into her at an event. We’re not friends - I was actually too shy to say anything to her - but I can assure you that she looks just as amazing in real life. Not that it matters. If you have a valid concern about a blogger, I would understand, but this is all bs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve never posted on here before but I’ve noticed quite a few of my favourite Insta accounts going private or just not posting recently. Just to correct a few misguided statements on here: Gemma actually works for the group that owns/sells the brands she posts. You can assume she gets a hefty staff discount. If she chooses to post those perks on Insta, that’s her choice - that’s her life. Also, we work in the same industry and I bumped into her at an event. We’re not friends - I was actually too shy to say anything to her - but I can assure you that she looks just as amazing in real life. Not that it matters. If you have a valid concern about a blogger, I would understand, but this is all bs.
If she works for them and is using a STAFF discount, I’m pretty sure she should still be declaring that as an AD.

Reactions: 12
The hut group does not own Jo Malone you will find that’s the Lauder group. So all the Jo Malone posts for years, which came across as genuine until you look at her LinkdIn. So what is utter BS is if you are going to be a blogger making money out of followers then declare it properly. If you had read this thread from the start you will have seen a lot of positive posts until it all came out that she was indeed posting ads and not declaring them.

Reactions: 15
You have obviously not read this thread from the start, or thoroughly. There are a lot more undeclared items than the products owned by the company she works for. But anyway, if she works for them, received them free, or at a discounted rate, then they should be marked ad or gifted, so I don’t really see your point. Years of being sneaky and flouting ASA guidelines (which if you decide to be a Blogger, you must follow) are quite valid concerns.

Reactions: 13
No, The Hut Group does not own Jo Malone. Well done. Nor do you know which products in her home have been gifted/paid-for. If you have a genuine concern, you should report it through the relevant channels. I won’t read 16 pages of speculation.

Reactions: 3
No, The Hut Group does not own Jo Malone. Well done. Nor do you know which products in her home have been gifted/paid-for. If you have a genuine concern, you should report it through the relevant channels. I won’t read 16 pages of speculation.
Oh touchy that your comment was proven wrong straight away, aren’t you! Strange that you haven’t read the thread, but are quick to comment, and only joined to comment. It is not speculation. It is quite obvious she is not declaring ads - for example, the sweets the other day, that everyone else was declaring as an ad, Gemma just happened to have but wasn’t declaring. What a coincidence that she bought them and posted them at the same time everyone else was advertising them!! It hasn’t gone unnoticed that they are usually on stories so that they disappear, and making her profile private doesn’t hide it. People aren’t stupid

Reactions: 17
Gemma go back to your chick lit books and your un declared ads and do not worry I will be reporting!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why are you even here if you haven’t read the previous thread? Surely you should get the whole picture before commenting

Reactions: 8
Go back to swishing in and out of the house and hauling yourself from one undeclared ad to the next 🙈 🌿 I have reported concerns previously and I’ve had feedback from the ASA to say they’ve been dealt with. Shame no learning was taken on board, you can be confident people will keep reporting though.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Myself, like so many before me have posted on here that she was a nicer instagrammer !
someone who has maintened her weight loss with sw (no issue with people whogain weight just shifty hiders *cough* consultants)

we said she was a breath of fresh air that she wasn’t so in your face and seemed to only post things she buys and likes (remember all the jo malone from her wedding)!

then someone posts her linked in where she described herself as having a massive organic Instagram - the way she will sell herself to company’s to show she doesn’t buy followers / has followers that are engaging aka WORK WITH ME GUYS !
I felt so naive I almost booked a Kate and Toms stay that a group had gone on for a ‘girls trip’ well no it wasn’t a genuine girls trip it was a free for all PRESS TRIP that they went on and posted (like many of these products) because it was part of a contract rather than genuine love for the product.
In her own words:

2F8FA1A1-95FD-46E0-ACE9-05F35873851F.jpeg

while I admit I don’t know the ins and outs ofthe influencer role it is blatantly obvious to most that it is very big reward for very little effort. Let’s face it: a picture or story, however you style it up or have to faff your pictures you are being paid a 4 figure sum forsomething that that’s 10 seconds - at the very max 10 minutes.
Least you could do is be transparent with your followers and DECLARE WHERE IT IS AN AD.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Imagine if this were Gemma and calling herself looking ‘amazing in real life’. How far up yourself could you be?!

I went and had a look at this ones profile ⬆ and it’s saying Error now. Does that mean they’ve been deleted?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Imagine if this were Gemma and calling herself looking ‘amazing in real life’. How far up yourself could you be?!

I went and had a look at this ones profile ⬆ and it’s saying Error now. Does that mean they’ve been deleted?!
I can still see it and says she was on viewing this thread an hour ago. All very strange - the first sentence is weird and pointless. Hasn’t read the threads but comments. Created an account and has only commented here. Had no valid points.

Reactions: 7
I can still see it and says she was on viewing this thread an hour ago. All very strange - the first sentence is weird and pointless. Hasn’t read the threads but comments. Created an account and has only commented here. Had no valid points.
It was deffo Gemma the sad cow 😆 she doesn't have that many adoring fans that are nutty enough to do that I'm sure..her 5 mins of crappy SW fame was way back now. she has too much time on her hands. Shouldn't she be sipping on ice cold wine, browsing maternity dresses and sticking sprigs of lavender up her bum or something 🙄 If it wasn't all true why would you even care what people speculate, unless you believe your own hype.

She's a sneaky witch who hides a stinking, entitled attitude by the looks. I can't abide false people and she is way too vanilla for it to be just so. Total attention seeker.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

I saw her not very long before lockdown at lowood. Only knew it was her as someone called her by name. She 100% looks different in real life!Nice figure.Slim. But looks so so much older! And shorter! And nothing like as polished. This sounds awful but her accent is really strong too probably why she doesn't do stories. I think everyone deserves privacy so would never have said this. But at the moment when she’s being quite vile I think it’s fair

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You are so right who would actually say ‘she looks just as amazing in real life’ come of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is it really right that if you use a staff discount to buy something, you need to show ‘ad’ on any pics of it on Instagram? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Reactions: 1
Is it really right that if you use a staff discount to buy something, you need to show ‘ad’ on any pics of it on Instagram? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
I’m sure if to get something discounted from a company who pays you it should be affiliate or something like that. Maybe she could have just said ‘I got these in the staff shop at 80% off’. She likes to pretend she’s living a certain lifestyle (house by the sea, membership at a swanky spa, Jo Malone and Espa falling out of every cupboard) but it’s all done on a discount and she has to drive to get to the sea. Nothing wrong with that but would something still be a bargain if you had to pay full price for it?!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.