Slimmingworld_jsg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I blame SW for sucking in struggling overweight people and flogging them a plan that isn’t healthy. Terminology such as SYNS is damaging. Eating as much free food as you want is damaging. Not having trained dieticians is damaging. Not having target support is damaging. There’s more but I’ll leave it there.

Reactions: 11
I blame SW for sucking in struggling overweight people and flogging them a plan that isn’t healthy. Terminology such as SYNS is damaging. Eating as much free food as you want is damaging. Not having trained dieticians is damaging. Not having target support is damaging. There’s more but I’ll leave it there.
mate i couldnt agree more, i could go on about it for HOURS!!!! its nearly 3 years since i stepped away from sw it messed with my head and body so much and im still finding myself avoiding certain foods because my brain was trained that it was bad or off plan!!!

Reactions: 10
I’ll never forget when I used to go to class and a woman in her 40s had lost a considerable amount of weight but hasn’t hit target. She was 1lb off the written target in her book and she was not getting the last lb off. I felt so angry for her. Why was she allowed to carry on chasing that lb. Oh yeah, she was still paying. That’s why! duck You SW.

mate i couldnt agree more, i could go on about it for HOURS!!!! its nearly 3 years since i stepped away from sw it messed with my head and body so much and im still finding myself avoiding certain foods because my brain was trained that it was bad or off plan!!!
Thank you for understanding me!♥♥♥

Reactions: 12
I’ll never forget when I used to go to class and a woman in her 40s had lost a considerable amount of weight but hasn’t hit target. She was 1lb off the written target in her book and she was not getting the last lb off. I felt so angry for her. Why was she allowed to carry on chasing that lb. Oh yeah, she was still paying. That’s why! duck You SW.

Thank you for understanding me!♥♥♥
so many stories I could add to this honestly! its heart breaking, i used to be the weigh in person and i was the worst out of everyone for beating myself up

Guess the point im trying to make is that everyone gets on their high horse about people gaining weight back or they make snarkey comments about gaining weight back or they've gone a bit tubby etc. Some of the comments on here are horrid regarding the sizes people get to after losing a lot of weight, that in itself should be irrelevant.

Yes you can question them about misleading people about the weight gains and how they conduct themselves on social media. When you're a public account you have to be accountable for your content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m sure you’ve already heard of it or maybe read it but Laura Thomas’s Just Eat It is so helpful.

It is starting to heal my relationship with food/toxic diet culture and I’m immersing myself in BOPO accounts. I too was a “target member” at my local SW only 3 years ago after losing nearly 6st. Since having my 3rd child have massively struggled and looking back on my “journey” before can see how disordered it all was.

I loved your honesty when you were realising all this and posted about it!

Reactions: 7
I’m sure you’ve already heard of it or maybe read it but Laura Thomas’s Just Eat It is so helpful.

It is starting to heal my relationship with food/toxic diet culture and I’m immersing myself in BOPO accounts. I too was a “target member” at my local SW only 3 years ago after losing nearly 6st. Since having my 3rd child have massively struggled and looking back on my “journey” before can see how disordered it all was.

I loved your honesty when you were realising all this and posted about it!
but the problem is you start saying bopo and then you get people saying ahhh you're only embracing being a fatty because you've fell off the wagon and cant be arsed to lose the weight again.....no huns i've realised the reality of diets and embraced my fat ass because quite frankly the amount of damage ive done to it over the years is pretty much irreparable without drastic measures but what i can do is love myself the best i can and get fit (which you can do simultaneously as well as being "fat" contrary to popular belief)

It's so disordered it's untrue but people have to come to that realisation themselves.

But the diet plans are to blame, they KNOW you will fail , they rely on you to fail so that you keep on coming back and lining their pockets, thats why they are a weight loss company not a weight maintaining company, same for WW , lighter life,cambridge and all the millions of others of plans.

The statistics are that 95% of people who lose weight regain it within 5 years ( if you're in the 5% that have NEVER gained any weight back since you lost it then go you) and sadly over 40% of that 95% gain back even more than they originally lost. It's a harsh truth but all these diet companies hone in so much on the losses, these huge losses, these women of the year...that they discard because they know full well they will gain weight back and they will just use the next woman of the year.

People who run these classes are not nutritional experts and receive little to none nutritional training, lets be honest SW still refuse to tell anyone how to calculate syns and these magical syns seem to mysteriously change value when the products haven't changed recipes...just their affiliation with SW.

they are the worst of the bad bunch and many of us have fell into that luring trap of seeing the success stories of the actual weight losses which cant be denied, you can lose some epic amounts of weight....but at what cost long term???

so as much as you want to say take responsibility yourself , if you have dieted several times this will always be the case, your body will react the same way everytime as will your brain. you have a choice to beat yourself up about it and keep going back doing the same thing and punishing your body or accepting it and make some adjustments to live the healthiest fittest life you can whatever your size.
If you remove SW from the picture a person who has issues with food will still have issues with food though. I know that from experience. Living your best healthiest life whatever your size would be great but we don't live in an ideal world. That is some rainbows and fairies talk.

It all goes back to accountability and taking responsibility for YOUR life

but the problem is you start saying bopo and then you get people saying ahhh you're only embracing being a fatty because you've fell off the wagon and cant be arsed to lose the weight again.....no huns i've realised the reality of diets and embraced my fat ass because quite frankly the amount of damage ive done to it over the years is pretty much irreparable without drastic measures but what i can do is love myself the best i can and get fit (which you can do simultaneously as well as being "fat" contrary to popular belief)

It's so disordered it's untrue but people have to come to that realisation themselves.
That's great for you, but not everyone is the same. I don't feel comfortable in my body at this size and I will take the responsibility to makes the changes I need to. If you've found peace then I am genuinely happy for you, but there isn't some conspiracy theory you've uncovered that now everyone has to just accept being fat.

Reactions: 7
If you remove SW from the picture a person who has issues with food will still have issues with food though. I know that from experience. Living your best healthiest life whatever your size would be great but we don't live in an ideal world. That is some rainbows and fairies talk.

It all goes back to accountability and taking responsibility for YOUR life

That's great for you, but not everyone is the same. I don't feel comfortable in my body at this size and I will take the responsibility to makes the changes I need to. If you've found peace then I am genuinely happy for you, but there isn't some conspiracy theory you've uncovered that now everyone has to just accept being fat.

it's not fairy tales ,rainbows or conspiracies, it's the cold scientific facts and hard truth of dieting, the fairy takes and rainbows are with the slimming companies who make you believe you can.lose the weight forever whilst pocketing their weekly fees because they know you'll be returning time and time again.

the issues with food can mainly be attributed to dieting or being around the dieting environment from a young age. so as much as we would like to keep making people tit because they have an issue with food they are not the reason for that issue.

doesn't have to be sw it can be any diet plan.

and these companies want you to have an issue with food and then offer you their plan which is supposed to help you when in reality it makes it worse long term.

you only have to look at the binging and purging that occurs with dieters weekly all in search of that golden number on the scales.

Reactions: 8
I’m another big slimming world loser who got fat again. I think the reason these diets don’t work is because they don’t address the reasons why you overeat. Slimming world doesn’t teach portion control and syns are something naughty. I think that embracing who you are finding happiness within yourself isn’t about rainbows and fairies talk it’s about taking responsibility for your own happiness and realising that comes from within not from a number on the scales or what clothes size you are wearing.

Yes I’d like to be thinner and feel more comfortable but I know that going to a diet club is not going to really help me get there

• Heart
Reactions: 12
it's not fairy tales ,rainbows or conspiracies, it's the cold scientific facts and hard truth of dieting, the fairy takes and rainbows are with the slimming companies who make you believe you can.lose the weight forever whilst pocketing their weekly fees because they know you'll be returning time and time again.

the issues with food can mainly be attributed to dieting or being around the dieting environment from a young age. so as much as we would like to keep making people tit because they have an issue with food they are not the reason for that issue.

doesn't have to be sw it can be any diet plan.

and these companies want you to have an issue with food and then offer you their plan which is supposed to help you when in reality it makes it worse long term.

you only have to look at the binging and purging that occurs with dieters weekly all in search of that golden number on the scales.
Sorry where are the cold facts and scientific truth you provided? Because literally all you said is we have to accept ourselves and our fat asses. You're talking like it isn't possible to lose weight and keep it off. It is.

Reactions: 2
6 months at target following SW plan which I love, some issues I don’t like about the business as a whole but the plan is fantastic, it’s common sense regarding free food.
My consultant is also very slim and has marinated her target for more years than I care to think, more than 7 at least.
It might not work for everyone but everyone is different and it works for me along with exercise

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry where are the cold facts and scientific truth you provided? Because literally all you said is we have to accept ourselves and our fat asses. You're talking like it isn't possible to lose weight and keep it off. It is.
unfortunately not for the majority of those who have dieted time and again. if you're in the 5% that have managed to maintain a weightloss for 5 years or more then that's awesome but please allow me to introduce you to several pieces of reading you might want to take the time to read.

www.self.com/story/why-diets-fail/amp
this article by a PhD in nutrition links to some of the research also,its a really good read. I found it hard to take in at first but it's all there.

I can dig out some of the others too should you want more.

6 months at target following SW plan which I love, some issues I don’t like about the business as a whole but the plan is fantastic, it’s common sense regarding free food.
My consultant is also very slim and has marinated her target for more years than I care to think, more than 7 at least.
It might not work for everyone but everyone is different and it works for me along with exercise
but robbie you're only at 6 months, we are talking about long term and for the majority of people keeping the weightloss off long term doesn't happen. that's not taking anything away from your ir anyone else's success of losing, the losing bit is the relative easy (if you can even call it that because its bloody hard work) part,its maintaining the weightloss following the exact plan that you were given to lose the weight in the first place.

you simply cant follow it the same way, you have to adjust what you eat again. as a target member I remember it well,being told to just experiment with adding extra b choices so that I wouldn't gain any more weight but the following week being told to reduce them.

further research from Linda bacon (perfect name lol)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
She’s got issues and her perfect SW story didn’t address them. She acted like she was the only skinny person on earth, got married, started stuffing her face again, got fat and hid.

Now we occasionally see 3 or so chins or sausage like fingers while she acts like the only mother on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s got issues and her perfect SW story didn’t address them. She acted like she was the only skinny person on earth, got married, started stuffing her face again, got fat and hid.

Now we occasionally see 3 or so chins or sausage like fingers while she acts like the only mother on earth.
Eat the rainbow

• Haha
  • Sick
First post but just had to say I’ve seen that pic and she has put on every single one of those 9.5 stone back on. :oops:

Absolutely without a doubt!
She seemed so insistent that the plan worked. I wonder if she lost it too fast, and as discussed in the thread previously, SW does not help with binge eating issues. That's why I stopped doing it.

Reactions: 5

Oh I get that and I’ve seen the snarky comments about bopo! HAES goes alongside and again is a great movement to help towards body acceptance and educating that this doesn’t equal health!

I’m glad you’re happier now x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She has to be binge eating to put that much weight on so quickly. She would have to be in serious calorie surplus every day to do that. The issue is she posted plates of colourful vegetables and preached “eating the rainbow”, sat on her Miss Slinky high horse, and totally deceived all of her followers about what was really going on

Notice on her recent post she references how breakfast and lunches are quick on the go options? What’s the betting that’ll now be the reason she’s gained weight? She is starting to prepare to cover her tracks! But like you say she must be having high calorie intake to be gaining so rapidly (especially with breast feeding doesn’t that burn cals?!)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.