Slimmingworld_jsg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt it, there are lots of consultants who have gained their weight back like Swfeebs who are still allowed to run groups. I will always stand by the fact that SW don't care as long as the money is rolling in. I can understand that she it taking a break for the boys/maternity but I bet that is her decision not SW.
Every SW group that i've been to, the consultant is very overweight. Really don't get how they can be consultants?

Reactions: 9
Every SW group that i've been to, the consultant is very overweight. Really don't get how they can be consultants?
Same here, I went to one group for a year and the consultant was overweight the whole time 😩 doesn’t give you much motivation or inspiration

Reactions: 5
My old consultant piled weigh back on and I couldn't take her seriously and her attitude rubs off on everyone else. She has big groups full of people with disordered eating and they are more interested in speaking about what junk theyve eaten and drawing a line than losing weight. She has turned it into a social club where weight loss doesnt really matter. The area manager is the same though so its hardly surprising!

I honestly can’t see her ever getting back to what she was...she obviously has massive issues with food that she was able to stifle for a while but she is still on or off with food. It took going to extremes to lose 9 stone in a year,her food intake was restricted and she must have binged massively to regain what she has in a relatively short period of time.

I used to go to her group I only lasted a bit because she was just so unhelpful and unmotivating which I thought would be the opposite but I honestly didnt recognise her when I first walked in! It's such a shame because she did so amazing 😭

Reactions: 7
She isn't a lawyer, she worked in the citizen advice bureau.
Well I never realised she never did her diploma or serve her time to practise law...if she hasn't said outright she was a lawyer she has certainly made enough remarks for people to think she is. I also remember her making a comment about the most perfect human ever "Luke Love of my Life, Luke loves them Lardy" he used to be a painter and decorator but now has a better job...snide little madam putting down painters and decorators bloomin wish my hubby was one imagine the beautiful house I would have!

Reactions: 6
Well I never realised she never did her diploma or serve her time to practise law...if she hasn't said outright she was a lawyer she has certainly made enough remarks for people to think she is. I also remember her making a comment about the most perfect human ever "Luke Love of my Life, Luke loves them Lardy" he used to be a painter and decorator but now has a better job...snide little madam putting down painters and decorators bloomin wish my hubby was one imagine the beautiful house I would have!
My brother is a self-employed painter & decorator..... he's loaded ! He works hard but reaps the rewards of being very well paid for what he does

Reactions: 4
God she's vile! I am sorry that her boys were born premature and wish them all the best in life but I feel bad for them to have her as a mother. I'm not a psychologist but I really feel she has narcissistic traits. She's an outright liar and frankly a bully.

Reactions: 16
I lost loads on SW, the support wasn’t there when I hit target. I had no idea what I was doing. “Oh just have a few extra syns and see how it goes”. It slowly started creeping on again. Have dabbled with calorie counting, shakes, starving myself, laxatives, binging, restriction, burning off exactly what I consume, just eating soup, Atkins, one meal a day.... It really messed me up trying to get back to where I was. I’m ok now, a lot happier after seeking some help. I really really wish JSG would just own it, there’s SO many others in the same position as her. Most of the SW Insta people I follow have gained some of their weight back, speaks volumes. She just hid herself away like she was ashamed. Which in turn places shame on people like me who have also gained it back. Should I be hiding away too? Is this something I should be feeling bad about? It doesn’t need to be like that!!! She needs to stop looking back to who she used to be and look forward xx

Reactions: 10
I lost loads on SW, the support wasn’t there when I hit target. I had no idea what I was doing. “Oh just have a few extra syns and see how it goes”. It slowly started creeping on again. Have dabbled with calorie counting, shakes, starving myself, laxatives, binging, restriction, burning off exactly what I consume, just eating soup, Atkins, one meal a day.... It really messed me up trying to get back to where I was. I’m ok now, a lot happier after seeking some help. I really really wish JSG would just own it, there’s SO many others in the same position as her. Most of the SW Insta people I follow have gained some of their weight back, speaks volumes. She just hid herself away like she was ashamed. Which in turn places shame on people like me who have also gained it back. Should I be hiding away too? Is this something I should be feeling bad about? It doesn’t need to be like that!!! She needs to stop looking back to who she used to be and look forward xx
Off topic, can I ask what help did you get? I was tempted to see a therapist but I am unsure.

Reactions: 1
I approached my GP. Was referred to a dietician which might seem like a generic thing to do but it really helped me. I also sought help from BEAT, and I attended their support groups.

I'm a classic tale of losing loads and gaining it back. its inevitable with dieting unfortunately. you cant maintain that plan once at target unless you starve yourself and have no life.

I had the pleasure of being passive aggressively being bitched about by her when I started to talk about the negative effects diet culture has had on myself and so many others. I gave all the scientific research and stats and yet was told I was greedy, the plan works if you stick to it etc etc.

you just have to be gracious and honest when your weight comes back on,you're only human and it happens no matter how hard you try. some people choose to hide it and ride on the coat tails of their past glories, maybe in time they will just accept how they are but the truth hurts and sometimes people doht have the capacity to accept that.

it's a shame because back in the day she was alright. insta fame can be a crappy double edged sword and far too many have fallen foul of the need to be publicly liked and worshipped and will keep up.a facade to keep that spotlight on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm a classic tale of losing loads and gaining it back. its inevitable with dieting unfortunately. you cant maintain that plan once at target unless you starve yourself and have no life.

I had the pleasure of being passive aggressively being bitched about by her when I started to talk about the negative effects diet culture has had on myself and so many others. I gave all the scientific research and stats and yet was told I was greedy, the plan works if you stick to it etc etc.

you just have to be gracious and honest when your weight comes back on,you're only human and it happens no matter how hard you try. some people choose to hide it and ride on the coat tails of their past glories, maybe in time they will just accept how they are but the truth hurts and sometimes people doht have the capacity to accept that.

it's a shame because back in the day she was alright. insta fame can be a crappy double edged sword and far too many have fallen foul of the need to be publicly liked and worshipped and will keep up.a facade to keep that spotlight on them.
👏👏 wise words, you're spot on!

Reactions: 3
It's statistically an issue accross the board for people who lose a lot of weight, regardless of how they lost it. Most people gain the weight back. So blaming SW or lack of support is just an excuse. That's why people say it's easy to lose weight, but harder to keep it off. It's hard for everyone. If you struggle and gain the weight back that's okay, but take responsibility for yourself.

I just put a disclaimer saying I have lost and gained between the bracket of 15 stone myself over 40 years so I'm not just judging from the sidelines.

It's statistically an issue across the board for people who lose a lot of weight, regardless of how they lost it. Most people gain the weight back. So blaming SW or lack of support is just an excuse. That's why people say it's easy to lose weight, but harder to keep it off. It's hard for everyone. If you struggle and gain the weight back that's okay, but take responsibility for yourself.

I just put a disclaimer saying I have lost and gained between the bracket of 15 stone myself over 40 years so I'm not just judging from the sidelines.
But the diet plans are to blame, they KNOW you will fail , they rely on you to fail so that you keep on coming back and lining their pockets, thats why they are a weight loss company not a weight maintaining company, same for WW , lighter life,cambridge and all the millions of others of plans.

The statistics are that 95% of people who lose weight regain it within 5 years ( if you're in the 5% that have NEVER gained any weight back since you lost it then go you) and sadly over 40% of that 95% gain back even more than they originally lost. It's a harsh truth but all these diet companies hone in so much on the losses, these huge losses, these women of the year...that they discard because they know full well they will gain weight back and they will just use the next woman of the year.

People who run these classes are not nutritional experts and receive little to none nutritional training, lets be honest SW still refuse to tell anyone how to calculate syns and these magical syns seem to mysteriously change value when the products haven't changed recipes...just their affiliation with SW.

they are the worst of the bad bunch and many of us have fell into that luring trap of seeing the success stories of the actual weight losses which cant be denied, you can lose some epic amounts of weight....but at what cost long term???

so as much as you want to say take responsibility yourself , if you have dieted several times this will always be the case, your body will react the same way everytime as will your brain. you have a choice to beat yourself up about it and keep going back doing the same thing and punishing your body or accepting it and make some adjustments to live the healthiest fittest life you can whatever your size.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.