Slimming World #6 Mags is off on her yacht, sailing the world on the tears of the fatties

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A 5pound gain is eating 17,500 calories above maintenance so you're wrong
What I'm saying is it isn't not possible but I do get it is unlikely someone who hasn't had issues with food/drink and their weight to do this.

Again though, slimming world is not the reason for this, this is the individual.

What I'm saying is it isn't not possible but I do get it is unlikely someone who hasn't had issues with food/drink and their weight to do this.

Again though, slimming world is not the reason for this, this is the individual.
Yea but a 5 pound gain is usually 4.5 pound of fluid retention and half a pound of fat gain at an absolute push.

Reactions: 2
From what I can gather, when you've been fat in the past, the little fat pockets/cells never go away, even when you've lost weight. So while you can lose fat and deflate them, they're still there waiting to inflate your arse again. So when you have a few weeks "off the wagon" so to speak, you'll find your weight can spike massively with water etc. Resulting in a big gain. That's why it's highly unlikely to be all fat gain, and normally you can lose it again quite quickly.

That's why skinny people don't seem to have an issue, and us fatties always seem to look at a chip and gain 20 stone.

Sorry if I haven't explained this very well but you get the gist hopefully 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
From what I can gather, when you've been fat in the past, the little fat pockets/cells never go away, even when you've lost weight. So while you can lose fat and deflate them, they're still there waiting to inflate your arse again. So when you have a few weeks "off the wagon" so to speak, you'll find your weight can spike massively with water etc. Resulting in a big gain. That's why it's highly unlikely to be all fat gain, and normally you can lose it again quite quickly.

That's why skinny people don't seem to have an issue, and us fatties always seem to look at a chip and gain 20 stone.

Sorry if I haven't explained this very well but you get the gist hopefully 😄
I guess this might be why I'm not soo pissed off now as I no longer weigh in and stick to if my clothes are getting uncomfortable I need to change something.

Going in to the weekly weigh in knowing I had effectively eaten the same as the previous week, exercised to the similar level and gained 3lb would always send me over the edge 😂 I'd do the same the following week and drop 6lb.

I did send my bigger clothes to charity shops so there's no going back to that. I did that a few years ago gaining back a few stone and having to live in 3 tops that fit me.

Reactions: 4
I guess this might be why I'm not soo pissed off now as I no longer weigh in and stick to if my clothes are getting uncomfortable I need to change something.

Going in to the weekly weigh in knowing I had effectively eaten the same as the previous week, exercised to the similar level and gained 3lb would always send me over the edge 😂 I'd do the same the following week and drop 6lb.

I did send my bigger clothes to charity shops so there's no going back to that. I did that a few years ago gaining back a few stone and having to live in 3 tops that fit me.
I've done that as well 🤣 then had to buy a new "fat wardrobe" 🫠 then another "thin one" 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've done that as well 🤣 then had to buy a new "fat wardrobe" 🫠 then another "thin one" 🙈
I’m currently working on fitting back into my summer ‘thin wardrobe’ having fit into the clothes for approximately 0.1 seconds back in 2021 😂

• Haha
Maybe being only 6 years since starting to lose the weight I have made a schoolboy error getting rid of the lot and I should've just vacuum packed them in the loft for when the inevitable happens 😂

Because of this thread I ventured over to insta again this week and forgot how much I despise it 😂 The amount of people telling me I need to get an insta profile and get various affiliations etc. I'm glad I avoided that rubbish. I've just been on to check and lots of the accounts churning out rubbish appear to have died down or my feed is just highlighting the running ones I'm following?

Reactions: 1
Maybe being only 6 years since starting to lose the weight I have made a schoolboy error getting rid of the lot and I should've just vacuum packed them in the loft for when the inevitable happens 😂

Because of this thread I ventured over to insta again this week and forgot how much I despise it 😂 The amount of people telling me I need to get an insta profile and get various affiliations etc. I'm glad I avoided that rubbish. I've just been on to check and lots of the accounts churning out rubbish appear to have died down or my feed is just highlighting the running ones I'm following?
A lot of people and the main sw accounts have ditched sw due to gaining all the weight back or trying something else like cal counting/fasting etc. Instagram is so annoying now. The algorithm is supposed to show you your interests, but mine is rubbish, it's full of adverts and people I wouldn't care to follow. You're lucky if you're not seeing much of that and just the things you're actually interested in

• Heart
OMG I totally had to buy a new fat wardrobe after I gained my weight back and it was one of the worst feelings ever. Genuinely triggered me having to spend money to buy clothes because I ‘failed’ myself gaining weight back and I had donated all my bigger clothes when I lost the weight.

I must say though it has felt amazing to now be going the other way and slowly being able to get into my smaller sizes. It’s a long road but I have dropped steady weight since the new year with calorie counting.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I regret getting rid of my fat clothes but I naively believed I wouldn't need them. Now I'm always like "I wish I had that dress/top/skirt" still 😩

A 5pound gain is eating 17,500 calories above maintenance so you're wrong
But that’s to gain 5lb of fat. A weight gain can easily fluctuate by that amount based on fluid retention in my experience.

Just seen that’s been pointed out by others in posts I’d missed!

But that’s to gain 5lb of fat. A weight gain can easily fluctuate by that amount based on fluid retention in my experience.

Just seen that’s been pointed out by others in posts I’d missed!
Yea and 5lb of fluid is gone nearly overnight as it's retention it's not weight gain.so my post still stands.

Okay guys so I currently have a healthy eating page on insta and guiltyyyy I follow some slimmers world accounts from when I was previously doing slimmers world (never again btw) and I am absolutely shocked a SW consultant has shared this! Now obviously I can’t show you guys the picture and have blocked out names but the girl looks no more than 10 years old! And it’s a before and after I’m disgusted to say the least, Disgusted in whoever is her parent and the SW consultant, poor young girl being introduced to the toxicity of diet culture at that age.
10162B6A-B507-457C-A489-D52C4B25385F.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Okay guys so I currently have a healthy eating page on insta and guiltyyyy I follow some slimmers world accounts from when I was previously doing slimmers world (never again btw) and I am absolutely shocked a SW consultant has shared this! Now obviously I can’t show you guys the picture and have blocked out names but the girl looks no more than 10 years old! And it’s a before and after I’m disgusted to say the least, Disgusted in whoever is her parent and the SW consultant, poor young girl being introduced to the toxicity of diet culture at that age. View attachment 2894751
Surely for prom she would be 15/16?

Nor necessarily, Kids in my area have prom for year 6 for them all going into secondary school the picture is 100 percent a child aged 10/11 and the worst of it all she’s not even big in the before pic just a normal young girl sat down.

• Sad
I found that post, I would say she’s around 11 or 12. Not even massively overweight to begin with, scary this stuff still goes on. I was a chubby kid similar build and my mum took me to weight watchers with her a few times, this is how it starts

• Sad
Nor necessarily, Kids in my area have prom for year 6 for them all going into secondary school the picture is 100 percent a child aged 10/11 and the worst of it all she’s not even big in the before pic just a normal young girl sat down.
Bloody hell they'll have a prom for anything these days 🤦🏽‍♀️
I hope this doesn't give the kid food issues later in life

I believe the girl in the pictures turned 16 in December last year.

I'm not sure what to make of the post to be honest. It doesn't sit right with me but I'm assuming the girl wants it to be out there that she's lost weight and feels better about herself.

Like you say above though, she looked like she had some teenage chub which is pretty normal and for many drops off as your life changes without the need to join a diet club.

So many questions about this which will never be answered here and obviously similar concerns most of you have!

Reactions: 3