Slimming World #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we’re here to have a good gossip about Slimming Worlders and the plan itself, but it’s a bit dull seeing the same tired myths trotted out. :cautious:

No medicine is synned, unless you’re using them as sweet replacements. A guy in my work would eat Cherry Tunes 365 days a year, so it does happen. Even the smell of them turns me now. :sick:

Mashing a banana doesn’t magically make it syns. Mashing it and using it to make a smoothie, cake or banana bread means you count a couple of syns for it or count it as whatever you’re replacing using a free food ingredient. So if you use it for pancakes, count the syns you would have done for flour.

I’m not a consultant, but this same bollocks comes up with every new batch of joiners at my group. No wonder half the people in here or on Insta don’t lose weight on it. They’re tweaking the absolute duck out of the plan. :rolleyes:
Can you explain why blueberries went from super free to just free? Or why Muller lights went from syn free to synned, the same week SW brought out their own brand of yoghurts? I'm just interested.

Also, my consultant definitely told me I had to syn my strepsils. I had a sore throat at group and got some out of my bag, the look she gave me you'd have thought I'd pulled out a hypodermic needle 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can you explain why blueberries went from super free to just free? Or why Muller lights went from syn free to synned, the same week SW brought out their own brand of yoghurts? I'm just interested.

Also, my consultant definitely told me I had to syn my strepsils. I had a sore throat at group and got some out of my bag, the look she gave me you'd have thought I'd pulled out a hypodermic needle 🤔
I did SW few years back when muller went from free to 0.5 , never once came across slimming world yogurts

Reactions: 3
I remember seeing someone (I think goochie pickard) rip a bit of bread off a breadcake while it was on a kitchen scale so it weighed exactly the B allowance weight.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was there through all the scandals

Porky lights 😂
Mugshots going from free to synned.
'Super free' becoming 'speed'
Red and green days becoming EE, people still doing red and green and new people being confused AF.
Blueberries being a free food then becoming speed.
SW bringing out ready meals even though they said they never would.
Aldi bringing out dupes and SW giving them high syn values even though the nutrients were similar 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I was there through all the scandals

Porky lights 😂
Mugshots going from free to synned.
'Super free' becoming 'speed'
Red and green days becoming EE, people still doing red and green and new people being confused AF.
Blueberries being a free food then becoming speed.
SW bringing out ready meals even though they said they never would.
Aldi bringing out dupes and SW giving them high syn values even though the nutrients were similar 🙈
Didn't slimming world refuse to put Aldis meals on their syns system to start with?
And threaten to sue them too? 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Didn't slimming world refuse to put Aldis meals on their syns system to start with?
And threaten to sue them too? 🤔😂
I honestly don't know. I feel like this was at the tail end of my time with SW.

It would be my wish that SW would evolve with the times, take greater control of their consultants to ensure they are following what the plan actually is, focus on the different aspects of weight loss that matter, i.e why do we over eat and what can we do to counteract that. Bin off the Insta phoneys.

The third plate of veggies is an amazing tool and it needs to be focused on more and driven home how helpful it is at reducing overall calorific intake.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
15 sausages a day :eek: my God.

They were really nice. Did they not have them analysed and they had more fat than stated.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I ate 2-3 a day and thought I was taking the piss, but hearing about people having 15 in a day blew my mind. No wonder they had to syn them.
See this just reminds me of Gavin and Stacey, when Pam eats three steaks in leiu of having any chips 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That was a proper marketing ploy. Syning heck= sending people to Sw ones
It’s almost as if people forget they’re a business who need to make money and if they didn’t get some form of returning custom they’d be in trouble 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why does Donna tackles slimming world feel the need to eat A WHOLE bleeping CHICKEN each! Surely that’s taking I can be a greedy mare so I will to ridiculous levels!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Why does Donna tackles slimming world feel the need to eat A WHOLE bleeping CHICKEN each! Surely that’s taking I can be a greedy mare so I will to ridiculous levels!!
I honestly cannot believe the size of her portions! Whenever she gets asked about her weight loss she claps back about not sharing that part as it’s private. I don’t believe you could consistently eat that much and lose weight.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.