Slimming World #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of weightloss surgery...how common does everyone think it is high profile SW'ers to have bands and sleeves, put it all down to the plan and then claim glory with awards and magazine articles.
A few people I suspect, but just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are?

Reactions: 9
I agree. There is a marked difference between leaders. My current leader/consultant/weightloss enthusiast is quite pragmatic. Talks about calorie deficit, encourages exercise, how to optimise the program (ie. Don't over-consume free foods) etc. Her replacement one evening was definitely of the category described here... Went from person to person asking had they lost/gained, how they felt, what they did right/wrong. I sat in a state of shock, petrified for when it would be my turn to speak.

So yes, that type of consultant class culture is not a healthy environment but I am also acutely aware that my lifestyle and overeating/drinking habits extend far beyond the realm of WW, SW and calorie counting.

Am genuinely interested for more info from the OP @Caffeinefiend re: CBT to change eating habits
You can ask to be referred by the GP or you can self refer online via the NHS website. There is a long wait though! If you Google binge eating groups, there might be one in your local area.
The NHS also offers weight management programmes free of charge that discuss emotions etc alongside managing weight. The one in my area is called Better Life programme. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Speaking of weightloss surgery...how common does everyone think it is high profile SW'ers to have bands and sleeves, put it all down to the plan and then claim glory with awards and magazine articles.
I think sw keeks or whatever her name is is one

A lady who worked in the hospital had one she lost a lot of weight in year one but started regaining rapidly by year two, by year three she was heavier than her starting weight. She looked gaunt and pale when she was thin, then joined slimming world and was open about her surgery and gains, all together lost 3 stone with slimming world, she’s quit and does calorie controlled diet recommended by the NHS and uses a tracker app and is 5 stone down. She is happy and healthier now.
There are some very obvious surgery cases in slimming world

You can ask to be referred by the GP or you can self refer online via the NHS website. There is a long wait though! If you Google binge eating groups, there might be one in your local area.
The NHS also offers weight management programmes free of charge that discuss emotions etc alongside managing weight. The one in my area is called Better Life programme. X
The NHS weight management programme is very good, some very good external support networks too. Some companies pay for external counselling services that are confidential.

Reactions: 1
I think sw keeks or whatever her name is is one
I always get the vibe that slimmingandthecity might have. She's loaded.
She lost her weight with her mum, and they both lost a large amount very quickly. 15 stone in 18 months.
She has also talked about getting her skin removal on harley street done by the best skin removal surgeon in the country.
She also doesn't seem to have any problems maintaining.

I strongly feel the same towards her and Slimmingworld_soph too
Soph defo has the look. You can tell when someones had the surgery they always look very drawn in their neck and face.

Reactions: 3
I agree….the way she goes on you would think she invented the plan. She is never without a filter.
The filter she uses is quite a heavy one. I tried it and looked completely different! I think it's so wrong to use and misleading. It's not a transformation when it's not your own face.

I don't think she's had a band. She has extreme weightlosses cos she eats the bare minimum (bit of chicken and salad) she has big gains that she doesn't disclose because of "trolls" But she was close to her target a couple of months ago but her pics now say 15 stone on them so she's put a stone back on, at least, lately.

• Wow
The filter she uses is quite a heavy one. I tried it and looked completely different! I think it's so wrong to use and misleading. It's not a transformation when it's not your own face.

I don't think she's had a band. She has extreme weightlosses cos she eats the bare minimum (bit of chicken and salad) she has big gains that she doesn't disclose because of "trolls" But she was close to her target a couple of months ago but her pics now say 15 stone on them so she's put a stone back on, at least, lately.
I'm not so sure. Having WLS still doesn't guarantee you losing weight. People can put weight on with it. You still have to put the work in. It's the big losses/gains that makes me suspicious. Her account hasn't really been organic from the beginning either. She just appeared one day posting about it all It's odd. I could be completely wrong of course but something is off with her I don't think she's honest at all

Yeh I see your point... Who knows!!
I agree though, there's something snarky about her.

Her constant teeth sucking when she talks really annoys me too 😤😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I really wish filters were banned, it’s totally disingenuous to promote a weight loss plan or anything else related to appearance like make up or skin care if you’re using any sort of filter. Can’t wait til the day they’re banned - all these Insta huns are going to appear rough as toast when we see their real faces!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anyone follow kate_slimmingjourney?

She does sw online..she's dropped a lot of weight fairly quickly but my word I think she's developing an eating disorder if she hasn't already. She's posted her breakfast this morning (which is tiny) and put that it's on a side plate?!

She even stuck to the plan over Christmas. Alarm bells are ringing for me. She's passed her target but no signs of maintaining

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Has anyone noticed there are certain sw instagramers who just use fb groups as promotion noticed a few of the same girls who just share there insta links constantly

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.