Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help me out...

I started my first "proper" skin care routine for the first time roughly in April if not before, and my skin has been breaking out intermittently ever since, mainly on my chin and forehead. Although I am a complete novice so my new routine could be wrong/no good and I'd be none the wiser.
At first I knew to expect the skin to purge but 3 months later and my skin has never been this bad.. it looks like I have acne on my chin.

Any advice much appreciated.

AM:
Cleanser (only at weekends really)
Paula's choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Every couple of days, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C serum
Moisturiser

PM:
Oil based Cleanser (if wearing make up that day)
Cleanser
Eye cream & night cream

Please cut out the Paula’s choice bha, acid exfoliation twice a day is definitely a no no. If you cut this out your skin will thank you. When your skin recovers if you are missing the exfoliation you can phase it back in gradually but definitely don’t use it twice a day. Vitamin c can also be reactive with bha so this could also be your issue. Drop the bha for a while and see if it improves, which I think it will 🤗🤗 p.s please cleanse every day and not just at weekends 🥺😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can anyone help me out...

I started my first "proper" skin care routine for the first time roughly in April if not before, and my skin has been breaking out intermittently ever since, mainly on my chin and forehead. Although I am a complete novice so my new routine could be wrong/no good and I'd be none the wiser.
At first I knew to expect the skin to purge but 3 months later and my skin has never been this bad.. it looks like I have acne on my chin.

Any advice much appreciated.

AM:
Cleanser (only at weekends really)
Every couple of days, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C serum
Moisturiser

PM:
Oil based Cleanser (if wearing make up that day)
Cleanser
Eye cream & night cream
I was going to give same advice as @Base2019 , if you weren’t breaking out before and don’t have an issue with blackheads you really don’t need the bha toner, it’s way too harsh.

Also a gentle cleanser in the morning will do wonders.

All you need to start with is a mild cleanser, moisturiser and your spf during the day - same minus spf at night. Eye cream if you feel you need it. Do this for a good 2-3 months, see how your skin reacts and feels, then switch / add in other products as you need.

I know it sounds like it takes ages, but it’ll go quickly once you start, and your skin will thank you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I used to be very regular at looking after my skin from the age of 13. It went wrong after I hit 30 and had a relationship breakdown and depression hit.

I've started getting back into it slowly over the last year. My current routine is:

Wipe face with warm water when I get up. Moisturise using Nivea day cream.

In the evening, I use an oil cleanser, then take off with Biore blue algae. Tone with rosewater and then follow with rosehip oil. I use an oxygen night cream. I'm planning to try a low grade retinol soon too.

I do my own homemade facial once a week but I'm also trying to use up a Dead Sea face mask someone gave me too. I've noticed my forehead feels a lot smoother since doing this.

I've also used a bee venom mask but I couldn't take the stinging.

I also have PCOS so a lot of products have irritated my skin in the past.

Last edited:
For the last couple of months I’m breaking out on my chin. No sooner as one angry spot goes another comes. I’ve recently started taking HRT and testosterone so I’m thinking that the testosterone isn’t helping. Can you advise what I can use to make my chin better?

Also my chest is getting wrinkly due to sun damage over the years. Any advice to help?

Thank you

My problem is being consistent with a routine, I get poor health and it goes out the window. So would struggle to say what works amazingly as I probably haven't given things a fair go.
But usual routine- am
Cleanse - I have a selection of different ones, balm, milk, and cerave hydrating cleanser, I choose depending on how things feel
Toner - BS vitamin E, which my skin seems to really enjoy, I may sometimes use it for 7 skins
BS vitamin C moisturiser goes on top
Pm
Cleanse, skin + me, then whichever basic night cream I'm using at the time.

What are people's thoughts on the Jordan Samuel eye gel? I have a sample of it, but don't know if I'm missing a trick with it as I'm not getting the hype yet 🤷

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend something to give me a bit of natural colour to my face for day to day. Maybe a tinted moisturiser? I’m sick of looking dead on Teams as I’m fair. Don’t really want a foundation as it’s only for sat in the house

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend something to give me a bit of natural colour to my face for day to day. Maybe a tinted moisturiser? I’m sick of looking dead on Teams as I’m fair. Don’t really want a foundation as it’s only for sat in the house
Drunk Elephant sunshine drops

For the last couple of months I’m breaking out on my chin. No sooner as one angry spot goes another comes. I’ve recently started taking HRT and testosterone so I’m thinking that the testosterone isn’t helping. Can you advise what I can use to make my chin better?

Also my chest is getting wrinkly due to sun damage over the years. Any advice to help?

Thank you
Did you have breaks outs there before or just now with the testosterone? Chin is normally hormone related, hopefully this will pass soon as your body adjusts. A nice clay mask just for your chin area would be a good shout. Look up Q&A activated charcoal mask… good price point! I use it myself and love it 😍

Being honest I don’t think anything will really reverse the sun damage on your chest but you can prevent it from getting any worse. Keep slapping on the moisturiser to keep the area well hydrated and use a high spf to prevent any further sun damage.

Did you have breaks outs there before or just now with the testosterone? Chin is normally hormone related, hopefully this will pass soon as your body adjusts. A nice clay mask just for your chin area would be a good shout. Look up Q&A activated charcoal mask… good price point! I use it myself and love it 😍

Being honest I don’t think anything will really reverse the sun damage on your chest but you can prevent it from getting any worse. Keep slapping on the moisturiser to keep the area well hydrated and use a high spf to prevent any further sun damage.
Seconding the hydration and spf - they plump up and protect the skin! I don’t have wrinkles in that area yet but I will be buying silicone wrinkle chest pads in the (likely) event I develop them.

I second @Sheabutter 's reccomendation of something like tanning drops. Isle of Paradise makes some at a decent price and has three 'shades'- I also also pale and fine their lightest works for me! A drop in your moisturiser every few days should give you a spot of colour.

Can anyone recommend a really good eye cream, for bags and wrinkles. I'm thinking of getting some botox next month might be the only option haha.

I’m looking for a toner that’s suitable for sensitive rosecea skin and mature skin. I’ve been using Paula’s Choice but I’m breaking out on my chin so was hoping for another recommendation

I’m looking for a toner that’s suitable for sensitive rosecea skin and mature skin. I’ve been using Paula’s Choice but I’m breaking out on my chin so was hoping for another recommendation
Toner is one of those skincare products that’s not really needed, in my opinion lol Paula’s choice can be quite strong, I’d ditch it personally!

Look up a mist/spray like the la Roche posay serozinc. It’s really lightweight (mostly thermal water) but the zinc will also help with the break out on your chin.

When the breakout clears up you could then switch to the la Roche posay normal thermal spring water mist. Boots do an own brand one too which is also good. They are great esp for sensitive/rosacea prone skin, very soothing! You can use throughout the day aswell to give yourself a quick refresh/boost over make up 😁

Reactions: 5
Hello, butting in rudely to ask does anyone have a dermatica referral code by any chance?

Can anyone recommend a really good eye cream, for bags and wrinkles. I'm thinking of getting some botox next month might be the only option haha.
There’s only so much eye cream can do! This is a good video on what ingredients to look for (the title discusses shadows but it’s relevant to bags and wrinkles as well!)

Botox won’t directly fix under eye wrinkles or bags either. That’s more the role of well placed fillers from my understanding. Definitely worth chatting to a professional about your options!

@Shineyshine unfortunately, a couple of years ago I used it for a one-off eyelash treatment (no longer available) so it doesn’t recognise me as a new user even though I’ve never done skin through it. So I can’t get that offer.

Thanks @Wavylines - my rosacea’s back 🤬

• Sad
@Shineyshine unfortunately, a couple of years ago I used it for a one-off eyelash treatment (no longer available) so it doesn’t recognise me as a new user even though I’ve never done skin through it. So I can’t get that offer.

Thanks @Wavylines - my rosacea’s back 🤬
Typical 🙄 I’d still go for Dermatica over skin + me though, can’t stand the fact that all the influencers shill skin + me, puts me right off!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.