Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am here to look for some decent tips- I keep buying different acids but too scared ill burn my face off 😂
If anyone has a good reference about what products can /can’t be used together- it’s just too overwhelming.
Right now:

AM:
Cleanse using just water
Moisturiser: Clinique redness solutions relief cream VITAMIN C: mixed with the moisturiser I use ordinary vitamin C L-absorbic acid powder
Sunscreen: kiehls mineral sunscreen

PM:
Cleanser: Bioderma micellar water followed by cerave hydrating cleanser
Toner: I’m from rice hydrating toner or else glossier exfoliating solution (3 times per week)
Essence: I’m from mugwort essence
Serum: Charlotte tilbury magic serum
Moisturiser: Clinique redness relief cream

My skin is in good condition - just a bit sensitive / dry. I am trying to get rid of anything containing fragrances / alcohol as it irritates my skin- so will really need a replacement for my serum.

also think I need more hydrating oils etc- I just don’t know where to start!!

Reactions: 1
I religiously use Elemis Pro Marine Day cream but my latest pot is not giving the same results as previously.
Nothing in my lifestyle has changed, I bought it from the same place and it looks, smells and feels exactly the same as previous pots but it's not right.
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Reactions: 2
Any affordable over-the-counter recs for acne? It's so weird as I never suffered from it in my teens or twenties but as I've got into my late thirties it is so, so awful! I've started trying Clearasil rapid action and keeping my fingers crossed I'll see results soon but just in case it doesn't work for me, any suggestions?

I would love any tips!

My current routine (morning and night) is:
REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
The Ordinary Niacinamide
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer With Willowherb

I also use SPF50 on my face, neck and hands before I leave the house.

My skin is ok but a bit oily and I'm really bothered by the sebaceous filaments on my nose. Looks fine under make up but I'd rather they weren't there, nothing seems to improve them!

If anyone has a good reference about what products can /can’t be used together- it’s just too overwhelming.
The Ordinary has a regimen builder where you can put in your skin concerns and it recommends you stuff to use. They're very reasonably priced, I really like their products. There are so many though I'm also a bit scared to use more than a couple!

I religiously use Elemis Pro Marine Day cream but my latest pot is not giving the same results as previously.
Nothing in my lifestyle has changed, I bought it from the same place and it looks, smells and feels exactly the same as previous pots but it's not right.
Perhaps they've changed the formulation. Write to them and tell them you are disappointed, they might send you a new pot or refund it, it's not a particularly cheap product after all.

I would love any tips!

My current routine (morning and night) is:
REN Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk
The Ordinary Niacinamide
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
Origins Original Skin Matte Moisturizer With Willowherb

I also use SPF50 on my face, neck and hands before I leave the house.

My skin is ok but a bit oily and I'm really bothered by the sebaceous filaments on my nose. Looks fine under make up but I'd rather they weren't there, nothing seems to improve them!

The Ordinary has a regimen builder where you can put in your skin concerns and it recommends you stuff to use. They're very reasonably priced, I really like their products. There are so many though I'm also a bit scared to use more than a couple!
I wonder if a retinol might help with the sebaceous filaments?

Could it just be the change in weather? I have the regular and ultra rich and the rich one I can only use in depths of winter when the heating is on full blast. The regular one I can use all year round but in the 6-8 weeks of actual summer we have I find it a bit too much and just use sunscreen as moisturiser

My routine, but bear in mind I'm 49!

AM
*Aldi hot cloth cleanser (just using it up)
*Once a week I'll use a glycolic toner
*Dr Jart cicamist (Green spray)
*Alternate between vit c (medik8 or inkey list), buffet with copper, face theory azeclear
*Dr Jart ceramidin mist
*NIOD FECC
*if working from home will add a thin layer of facial oil like squalane or rosehip. If not (and therefore wearing makeup I won't bother)
*elf holy hydration or elemis marine cream

PM
*Elemis cleansing balm or supefacialst oil as first cleanse
*inkey list oat balm or ordinary squalane as second cleanse
*NIOD FECC
*skin and me tretinoin
*last thing before bed, I'll add a touch of moisturiser if needed, but rarely is

Last edited:
Hope this is okay to post a link here. I’ve no connection to the company, other than a satisfied customer.
For those of us who are 40+ this lady does a monthly subscription box for £35.
She discloses the contents of the next box both in email and YouTube and if is not for you then you send her an email to opt out of that months box.
I’ve had 2 boxes so far and have opted out of 2 boxes too and have been more than happy.
You just have to remember to opt out by the 19th (I think!) of each month if you don’t want that months box sending to you.
I think £35 is more than reasonable compared to the CH boxes.

Edit to add: The lady behind it is called Karen and it’s refreshing to see a lady of a similar age to me without a face full of Botox and fillers. She also doesn’t get loads of PR sent to her so when she reviews products on her channel they are products she has bought herself so I feel the reviews are more honest.

Last edited:
Any affordable over-the-counter recs for acne? It's so weird as I never suffered from it in my teens or twenties but as I've got into my late thirties it is so, so awful! I've started trying Clearasil rapid action and keeping my fingers crossed I'll see results soon but just in case it doesn't work for me, any suggestions?
Pure tree tea oil may work. Be careful with it though, I used to put some on a cotton bud and just dab it directly onto the spots. It's also a bit of a risk as it may irritate your face a bit

Salicylic acid cleansers are also pretty good. I'm using the Cerave one at the moment and I'd recommend it, I've also had a lot of luck with the Inkey List cleanser too

Can anyone give me a dummies guide to nicinamide and azelaic acid please?

My holy grail product for oily skin is Heliocare SPF.

I've had profhilo filler which I would really recommend.

Thank you, is there any you’d suggest in particular?
I haven't tried lots but I really like this from the ordinary - https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/the-ordinary-granactive-retinoid-2-in-squalane.html it's 2% which is quite strong if you haven't used it before but this formulation doesn't cause irritation (although probably sensible to do a patch test and not slap it on every night until you know it's ok for your skin, just in case!). It's cheap too so not too annoying if you aren't keen on it.

Edited to say, it's this one I like https://www.feelunique.com/p/The-Or...4srE2Wt6pI0bv_kj1KxoC1IsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I didn't realise they do a version in squalane too.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out...

I started my first "proper" skin care routine for the first time roughly in April if not before, and my skin has been breaking out intermittently ever since, mainly on my chin and forehead. Although I am a complete novice so my new routine could be wrong/no good and I'd be none the wiser.
At first I knew to expect the skin to purge but 3 months later and my skin has never been this bad.. it looks like I have acne on my chin.

Any advice much appreciated.

AM:
Cleanser (only at weekends really)
Paula's choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Every couple of days, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C serum
Moisturiser

PM:
Oil based Cleanser (if wearing make up that day)
Cleanser
Eye cream & night cream

Can anyone help me out...

I started my first "proper" skin care routine for the first time roughly in April if not before, and my skin has been breaking out intermittently ever since, mainly on my chin and forehead. Although I am a complete novice so my new routine could be wrong/no good and I'd be none the wiser.
At first I knew to expect the skin to purge but 3 months later and my skin has never been this bad.. it looks like I have acne on my chin.

Any advice much appreciated.

AM:
Cleanser (only at weekends really)
Every couple of days, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C serum
Moisturiser

PM:
Oil based Cleanser (if wearing make up that day)
Cleanser
Eye cream & night cream
Sorry, I don't know much about breakouts but I've heard niacinamide is good but I don't know where it fits.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.