Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive just bought the ordinary argireline solution. How long until I’m supposed to see results? Ive used it last night and this morning. Also am I supposed to use this before or after moisturiser and can I use it jointly with retinol? Thanks 😀 I’m clueless!

Can anyone recommend a decent retinol? (Not the ordinary please, didn’t do anything for me) Not too expensive, or any advice on where to get tretinoin on prescription?

Ive just bought the ordinary argireline solution. How long until I’m supposed to see results? Ive used it last night and this morning. Also am I supposed to use this before or after moisturiser and can I use it jointly with retinol? Thanks 😀 I’m clueless!
I read somewhere that you are supposed to be really firm in rubbing the Argireline in to get the maximum effect. Its thin so likely underneath moisturiser. I think it’s supposed to have a ‘temporary botox’ like effect so probably most useful in the day rather than at night? I have some but I haven’t been very consistent with using it. I think it’s ok to use with retinol. If it wasn’t it would definitely say on the ordinary website.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I use it mainly on a night (I do that one night and retinol the next). I press it into my forehead and between my brows and I think the whole area looks smoother!
—————————————
I recommend MediK8 Crystal retinol. I’m on number 3 and will be purchasing 6 when I’ve used it up.

Has anyone tried Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser and is it worth the hype?

Reactions: 3
I use it mainly on a night (I do that one night and retinol the next). I press it into my forehead and between my brows and I think the whole area looks smoother!
—————————————
I recommend MediK8 Crystal retinol. I’m on number 3 and will be purchasing 6 when I’ve used it up.

Has anyone tried Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser and is it worth the hype?
I’ve got the Goat Milk cleanser - it’s really nice to use in that it smells lovely, has a nice texture and slip on the skin when you massage it in. It rinses off fairly easily and it doesn’t leave my face feeling dry or itchy. I use it after using micellar water to remove my makeup, as on it’s own it doesn’t do a good enough job, but decent afterwards.

Having said all that, I’m treating it as a one off purchase. It was so expensive I can’t justify buying it again once I’ve used it up. There are other cleansers that perform the same way for far less money eg LRP toleriane, Avene, the SVR one for sensitive skin, and I’m also enjoying the M&S balm in the green tub at the moment. So I would say if you fancy treating yourself and you’ve got the money go for it, it’s nice to try, not the wow that the hype makes out it is though!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good eye cream for dark circles please? Wrinkle wise I’m okay thanks to Botox 😆

I think the most important thing in skincare is consistency... which I don't have personally 🥺 Don't know what to do about it...

I have an awful problem with blackheads and huge pores on the T zone.. anyone had something similar and could get over it?? something that REALLY works?? 🙏

Edit: sebaceous filaments not black heads... I occasionally use the HG Paula's choice BHA but don't see much improvement...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Used to follow her pillow talks religiously when she first started but since she hit 100k she became so irritating...
I get that! Followers always make people’s head get a bit big don’t they. I like her because she is a derm and doesn’t do sponsorships. So feels more trustworthy than some other skin influencers Caroline Hirons etc).

Reactions: 4
I went to a dermatologist yesterday for a dark spot on my nose. I also asked about my dark undereye circles. She said they're usually environmental and/or aging, and there's nothing you can really do about them. (She was also stunning, her skin (and eye makeup) was FLAWLESS. It looked like she was wearing an Instagram filter. I felt like such an ugly troll in comparison lol).

I think the most important thing in skincare is consistency... which I don't have personally 🥺 Don't know what to do about it...

I have an awful problem with blackheads and huge pores on the T zone.. anyone had something similar and could get over it?? something that REALLY works?? 🙏

Edit: sebaceous filaments not black heads... I occasionally use the HG Paula's choice BHA but don't see much improvement...
Look up image skincare clear cell cleanser and defo their clear cell salicylic clarifying pads, they are amazing! They are a tub of 60 pads….Don’t waste them cut them in half and get more out of them! They give great results 😊

I have sebaceous filaments all over my nose and some on my cheeks. You will never get rid of them completely sorry to say! I’ve been trying years and years!

A few things that work for me to reduce them:

Cosrx gentle salicylic acid cleanser (morning)
Cera ve foaming face wash (night, double cleanse if you wear make up)
Cosrx liquid bha (morning every 2/3 days)
Tretinoin - skin & me or dermatica
Extraction tools the little one with a loop. Gently run over the skin to squeeze excess oil out.

I’ve found this routine has reduced mine so much but they are still there! 😩

I went to a dermatologist yesterday for a dark spot on my nose. I also asked about my dark undereye circles. She said they're usually environmental and/or aging, and there's nothing you can really do about them. (She was also stunning, her skin (and eye makeup) was FLAWLESS. It looked like she was wearing an Instagram filter. I felt like such an ugly troll in comparison lol).
tear trough filler! I’m so tempted myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been watching YouTube videos over the past couple of months to learn everything (I’m a total beginner to skincare) and it is bloody complicated and overwhelming to say the least! I JUST WANT A SIMPLE ROUTINE DAMMNIT! Peptides this, niacinimide that, retinol, vitamin C, use this with this and that, don’t use x if using y and z…I might just have a read through this thread instead and see if I can get some simpler answers 😆

So far, I’ve bought:

Strivectin: Wrinkle Recode line transforming melting serum, Super C spf 30 moisturizer, anti wrinkle Comforting Cream Cleanser

and

The Ordinary: Buffet Copper Peptides serum, Squalene Cleanser, Moisturizer HA something.

TBH I haven’t really got a clue about anything, apart from I’m starting to get fine wrinkles around the eyes and I don’t want it.

I’ve been watching YouTube videos over the past couple of months to learn everything (I’m a total beginner to skincare) and it is bloody complicated and overwhelming to say the least! I JUST WANT A SIMPLE ROUTINE DAMMNIT! Peptides this, niacinimide that, retinol, vitamin C, use this with this and that, don’t use x if using y and z…I might just have a read through this thread instead and see if I can get some simpler answers 😆

So far, I’ve bought:

Strivectin: Wrinkle Recode line transforming melting serum, Super C spf 30 moisturizer, anti wrinkle Comforting Cream Cleanser

and

The Ordinary: Buffet Copper Peptides serum, Squalene Cleanser, Moisturizer HA something.

TBH I haven’t really got a clue about anything, apart from I’m starting to get fine wrinkles around the eyes and I don’t want it.
It is so overwhelming! My best advice would be to keep it as simple as possible. Start with the basics (Cleanser, Moisturiser, SPF) and then gradually add in the serums to figure out what is making a difference and what isn't.

Don't buy anything new until you know what you like and dislike of the products you have already. You'll have a better idea of what you want or need to add if you go slow.

Reactions: 4

So far, I’ve bought:

and

What skin type do you have and what are your main concerns?

Prescription tretinoin is your best bet to combat wrinkles if you don’t want to use botox, profhilo or under eye fillers. Tret can be quite strong depending on your skin type. I’m super oily so it doesn’t dry me out and I can use every night. I use Skin & Me but you can also try Dermatica.

In terms of a routine you need a lot of trial and error to find what works for you.

My oily skin routine -

Mornings - cleanser, aha/bha toner, vitamin c serum, moisturiser then SPF. SPF every single day even in winter. Sun damage ages you!

Nights - cleanser, aha/bha toner, serum, tret, wait 10 mins then moisturiser.

Cleanse twice if you have make up on in the night. Once to remove make up, once to cleanse. Never ever sleep with make up on. Even if I’m pissed, I always wash my face before bed 😂

Always use light serums before heavier creams. Don’t go overboard using multiple serums and creams. Keep it simple until you find what works for you 😊

I’ve asked on another thread but will also ask here…
Anyone had profhilo and what are your personal views of the affects of the treatment ?
Is it worth the cost, it’s £200 per treatment near me, and need 2 treatments 4 weeks apart. Lasts 9-12 months. Billed as facelift in a bottle (syringe)
Thanks for any replies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.